WSC V - Yera Wins Final PT Race, Lout Steals GT Class At Spa!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,366 comments
  • 73,390 views
Ok, 1:15.346 for the Mustang now :D
 
Oh wow. I only just realised Le Mans and Monza are in the calendar without chicanes. And that Pescara-track sounds like it's a high speed track as well.

Maybe I should take the Jag or the Lancia after all... :lol:
 
Oh wow. I only just realised Le Mans and Monza are in the calendar without chicanes. And that Pescara-track sounds like it's a high speed track as well.

Maybe I should take the Jag or the Lancia after all... :lol:

Pescara is fastest track on calendar :p - you never ever go below 120mph in a prototype and 100 in a GT.
 
Pescara is fastest track on calendar :p - you never ever go below 120mph in a prototype and 100 in a GT.

Pit road...
 
Well you can try doing over 100 in the pits but you'll probably have a bad time.
 
@snow:
13.5 ??
Ok now I know why I couldn´t catch you :D
mid-low 14´s where quite easy but my 14.0 was max I can achieve (ok mybe a 13.9 :D) in the Camaro.

Camaro was the slowest Car for me (Topspeed-wise) but drives almost the smoothest.
Cobra was the other Car I have in mind to pick, but decided for the Z28.

Stratos is just too much of a murderer to me, although straightline speed is epic.
 
My best around Eiger in the 'stang is now 1:14.9xx
 
@snow:
13.5 ??
Ok now I know why I couldn´t catch you :D
mid-low 14´s where quite easy but my 14.0 was max I can achieve (ok mybe a 13.9 :D) in the Camaro.

Camaro was the slowest Car for me (Topspeed-wise) but drives almost the smoothest.
Cobra was the other Car I have in mind to pick, but decided for the Z28.

Stratos is just too much of a murderer to me, although straightline speed is epic.

Yeah, Camaro is a good car overall. Also did mid-14's with it on Eiger, I think, and it's a little faster on the straight than the Vette. Jag will kill in Le Mans (and Pescara?), Mustang is good on straights, but I wouldn't want to wrestle with it for hours. Alpine is nice in corners, but lacking just a liiiitle power. The Stratos is, like, a coffin for me. I would spend more time in the pits repairing the damn thing than driving it.
 
I'll need a replacement Lancia as i lost all of my game data due to my ps3 freezing when it was formatting
 
I'll need a replacement Lancia as i lost all of my game data due to my ps3 freezing when it was formatting

I'll send you mine... won't be using it anyway...
 
I also have an Stratos spare if anyone needs it.
 
Sorry for double post...
 
Last edited:
I did some testing at Daytona earlier and got the following times for the entries I was deciding between:
Lancia Stratos: 2:12.836
Jaguar E-Type: 2:09.834
Decision is made, I'm going with the Jag!
 
Only Sagaris has not selected his car yet.
 
Only Sagaris has not selected his car yet.

Pick the Alpine! I's a great car and I'm surprised nobody has chosen it yet. Then we can have every car on the grid in a race :)
 
Just realised all 3 of my events will start and finish on the exact same weekend. Got 8 FRL Super Weekends ahead :lol:
 
Hey Furi! Got your message on PSN. :)

I've marked the Nürburgring and Le Mans races on my calendar. Stratos sounds really tempting but I think I might miss the speed and the excitement of the Ferrari. We'll see what the situation is with available seats once the races are upon us.

Can't wait.
 
OK8
Hey Furi! Got your message on PSN. :)

I've marked the Nürburgring and Le Mans races on my calendar. Stratos sounds really tempting but I think I might miss the speed and the excitement of the Ferrari. We'll see what the situation is with available seats once the races are upon us.

Can't wait.

Ahh good! Just to note as Le Mans Classic reigning champion you are offered a slot on the grid automatically for Le Mans.
 
If he can hang on and not DC, it happened to me in S3. I DC'd from the lead of GT in HMS Jaaaaaaaaaaag

Yeah, unfortunately, that happened to me on lap 7. Between the Jaguar and the Lancia, the E-Type was easier to drive faster. Both tests were done on Sport Mediums.
Also, Eiger really has a pit lane?
 
Yeah, unfortunately, that happened to me on lap 7. Between the Jaguar and the Lancia, the E-Type was easier to drive faster. Both tests were done on Sport Mediums.
Also, Eiger really has a pit lane?

Lol, yeah, it does. And I failed to find the entry to it the other day 3 times in a row. :lol:
 
Yeah, unfortunately, that happened to me on lap 7. Between the Jaguar and the Lancia, the E-Type was easier to drive faster. Both tests were done on Sport Mediums.
Also, Eiger really has a pit lane?

I DC'd about 2hrs in without having to stop again in the lead!
 
Really is brilliant to see such a variety of cars in this season - this should be best yet 👍
 
I'm kind of tempted to switch to the Alpine if no one else chooses it. I'll do some testing later to see if I get on with it.
 
Really is brilliant to see such a variety of cars in this season - this should be best yet 👍

Yup, I'm definitely looking forward to my first WSC season!

On the subject of variety for future WSC's ... if you need to replace a car, maybe an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 or a BMW 2002 Turbo...? These were often seen racing back in the days. *dreamy-eyed*

Car selection is already great though.
 
Back