WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
what a bunch of ********

now I know how Lewis feels, wait all winter to race and go out on the first lap. First time I have DC'd in a long long time...bummer

Last edited:
What a nightmare...the Jaguar is a bar of soap when your hands are shaking uncontrollably and your nervous on a track
you aren't particularly good at, if you are wondering why I turned it off on the second lap. There was no way I was going to accomplish anything, as I was only falling behind, and really the Jag has no chance of being competitive anymore now
that it is outclassed. I may use it again maybe, on a track that I don't suck at. But for now, GT-O is the only thing I have a chance at. It's a shame that I had to pick that thing; I know I would have even chosen the 330 P4 if I had known about how vicious and unforgiving that maniacal tabby was. Things would have probably been different with the
non-chromeline, but as with every driver, I cannot drive to my full potential if I don't have any confidence in the car I'm driving; I am at my best when I am using a car that is stable and driveable. Also, does anybody know if I was the only XJ13 in the race? And for GT-O my preferred car is the 507 or Shelby.

There was no way I was going to accomplish anything

you would have gained valuable experience. You are not going to just jump into a series like this and be competitive right away, no matter which car you choose. Every driver you are racing against in GT-P is a race winner in this series. They have been driving these cars since season 1. The best thing for you is to do the races and gain the experience you need.

you would have gained valuable experience. You are not going to just jump into a series like this and be competitive right away, no matter which car you choose. Every driver you are racing against in GT-P is a race winner in this series. They have been driving these cars since season 1. The best thing for you is to do the races and gain the experience you need.

Indeed, but that was when the XJ13 was competitive. You are right, but I really did chose the wrong car.

If Joe was driving the Jaguar he would still be winning right now

fox and panoz battling for 3rd, ooh fox off. 40 laps complete, raining.
right now:
1 Joe
2 Jammy
3 panoz
4 fox
5 furi
6 yera
7 chris
8 daiba
9 lout
10 snow
11 cam
12 randy

I don't believe that the mighty cat is terrible against the others now

It's limited to 500 HP, spins like a sideways top on the exits of corners, and is pretty much impossible to trust or have any confidence. And that's after I did my setup which improved it.

If Joe was driving the Jaguar he would still be winning right now

fox and panoz battling for 3rd, ooh fox off. 40 laps complete, raining.
right now:
1 Joe
2 Jammy
3 panoz
4 fox
5 furi
6 yera
7 chris
8 daiba
9 lout
10 snow
11 cam
12 randy

Perhaps he knows how to tune cars better than I do, but I'm sure he wouldn't like it nearly as much as anything else. I mean I know he's obviously better than anybody, but the car plainly isn't that great now, thanks now to the 600 HP Cobra and the other tuned cars.

That was a hard race especially since I brought the GT350 minutes before Quali this afternoon. On the last lap of the race, daiba turned me as we were going down the Superstretch and I nearly lost it. but I got control back and was able to bring the car home without any further damage. :)

Try getting past lap 2 and letting the tyres warm up, might help....

Their's would have warmed up also. Nevertheless, next week will be new, and I will have another go with that car. I mean, what did I expect? I shouldn't have set my standards so high, since it was my first race. Unfortunately I have to
bear my shame forever.

That was a hard race especially since I brought the GT350 minutes before Quali this afternoon. On the last lap of the race, daiba turned me as we were going down the Superstretch and I nearly lost it. but I got control back and was able to bring the car home without any further damage. :)

Yeah again sorry about that. Was going behind you to draft and I didn't realize I was so close. :guilty:

🤬 PD 🤬 screwed my race... Couldn't see Snow after lap 10 or so (actually thought he had left the race) and thought I had such a huge lead over 2nd place (which was Chris on my screen) that I pitted two extra times as the track was drying up, which in the end meant that when I had to pit with engine damage with 3 laps to go I lost the lead to Snow... :banghead:

EDIT: As small consolation I believe I got FL with a 1:58.180

@RyanRacer. Experience... Tonight I finished 5th in class, last , some 9 laps down. I'll mention more about you later.

Bad Q for me, had La Sarthe gearing all tonight. Was well on course for a 31 lap first stint and a 2 stop plan. Then I got damage from a tap against the wall. Pretty much more minor mistakes led to issues. Then about midnight an enormous rain shower. We had a shower before but this one soaked the track within 10 minutes. Had 5/6 cars a lap spinning out. Then half the field didn't have wet tyres :dopey:. And heyho, it dried within a minute. Recovering, approx 7am I think, I was some 5 laps down. Then I passed Snow on the tri-oval, and my game flashed start menu. Auto drive kicked in and off and threw me into the tyres, I bounced off and sent @snowgt flying off in an enormous accident. Lost over 7 minutes with that crash, and just toiled away at end and took a formation finish with @gtpanoz who rallied after an early accident to 2nd. @DrifterJoe destroyed us all by 2 laps. @jammy21 had problems in rain and dropped at least 3 laps I think. @FlyingFox ran well but tiredness sent him downwards. And @Yeratel84 crashed late on in GT-O, handing the win to @snowgt !

As for Ryan... you can't learn these cars in a heartbeat. There is no "shame". Experience is all you need. Get a GT-O by all means (BMW available), but keep the Jaguar, drive it in spare time. Build your confidence. I'm 9 laps down and i'm not crying. But I am aching. Fiercely physical race.

Next week - Silverstone GP, 43 laps, 250k. Winner will be recepient of the RAC Tourist Trophy.

Not a bad race for me at all and happy with my third place. Had some good battles, firstly with Jammy in the very wide GT40 and then @gtpanoz which ended when I was ran into. No harm no foul Panoz, I think you where always going to be quicker than me although whilst we where racing I kept you honest.

Great racing from all and its a shame about all the DC's

Next week - Silverstone GP, 43 laps, 250k. Winner will be recepient of the RAC Tourist Trophy.
Looking forward to it and hoping the schedule will allow for me to participate in the race. :)

EDIT: This was the first time for me to participate in a race online on GT6 and I think PD still have a bit of work to do re: GT6 Online Racing. Once the leader takes the checkered flag, all cars on the track complete the lap they're on and then do their cool down lap. After I finished, I have to tell daiba the checkers flew and tried my darndest to keep ahead of him until the timre ran out. Hopefully that'll be fixed and maybe they'll add the option of Timed races and Laps or time-limit option in a future update.

I am so looking forward to next week and getting back into my Jag!

Nice job tonight everyone and a great win there by Joe, still the king of GT-Ps :P

I am so looking forward to next week and getting back into my Jag!

Nice job tonight everyone and a great win there by Joe, still the king of GT-Ps :P

If there is room, and you forgot who won last season Plux ;)

Back