WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
Well I'll be working on a GTB (Berlinetta) series that I'm going to submit to @Furinkazen later in the year. (need over 30 million to collect the remaining cars)

Started testing 2 hours after the race I blew yesterday. Got some 2:04.500's, but am pretty sure I can get down to 2:03 flat. Am I on pace, or are my times horrible like they probably are?

Haha classic Furi :P

:P You are still reserve.

I'm guessing GT-O looking at 2:18 maybe 2:17 for lap time at Silverstone

Seems right.

Well I'm gonna pull out of this series sadly, I value my sleep more. Tired of this now, PD, its so little we ask for. Have fun with the rest of this 👍

No worries :)

Started testing 2 hours after the race I blew yesterday. Got some 2:04.500's, but am pretty sure I can get down to 2:03 flat. Am I on pace, or are my times horrible like they probably are?

Sounds decent 👍

:P You are still reserve.

Seems right.

No worries :)

Sounds decent 👍

Perhaps I am not such a terrible driver then! Daytona I'm guess simply is not my track...I hate it(though I hated it before anyway). :yuck: That's too bad, because I may never be able to win there! :banghead:

Last edited:
Perhaps I am not such a terrible driver then! Daytona I'm guess simply is not my track...I hate it(though I hated it before anyway). :yuck: That's too bad, because I may never be able to win to win the Rolex! :banghead:

Daytona I am always around 3/4 seconds off. Look at fastest laps in the race results! Silverstone i'm in 2.03 mark (@FlyingFox may remember)... and Spa for instance is always one of my best circuits.

Put me down also for the senior moment of not buying rain tires.

@snowgt might want to shoot me the next time I pass him, I know I seen him crash twice in turn 1. Against the outside wall early in the race and then the inside wall later on.

@rustyMercedes Which one as I had 2 incidents at T1, the heavy one where it snapped right when I applied the brakes or the one a few laps from the end of the race?

the one where you snapped right totally off line and into the barrier at the far right of turn 1, was absolutely brutal!
I was watching you at that point because you were 2nd i believe and catching yera in bunches, if not for that crash I think you would have won the race...

Basically I watched people based on the gap between cars, if it was close I watched the cars involved. The reason Fox was the best to watch was that he was closest to the next car the most often of everyone involved. This was the typical WSC race where there was a significant distance between everyone for a good part of the race.

And just looking at the pit stops in the final standings makes me devastated that I missed this race, a 1-stop race if you stay out of trouble...GT-O was wide open.

EDIT: And Yera I watched you for a good part of the race especially when you had heavy damage and I knew that you were thinking you were too far ahead to be caught and I could see that it was going to be close but I never thought it was going to be snow who passed you, thought it would be Lout but then he DC'd, and then Chris but then he went off at the end of the race. I said before the race that Daytona was the heaviest on attrition and that proved to be true, **** is it disappointing to DC on the first ****ing lap...

Last edited:
Put me down also for the senior moment of not buying rain tires.

@snowgt might want to shoot me the next time I pass him, I know I seen him crash twice in turn 1. Against the outside wall early in the race and then the inside wall later on.

Actually I was kicking myself, because both times it was my own fault. Your maneuvers were aggressive, yes, but not over the top. The first time I just should have braked earlier, and the second time I was over-careful trying to stay to the outside of you and got my right rear on the grass on acceleration ... and off she went. :banghead:

Anyway, it's all good since I got my second Rolex in a row - last year PT, and now GT-O. If I count the red-flagged Daytona-event in WSC V, which I was also leading at the time, it seems to suggest that Daytona is my kind of track. :D

Little adjustment. Going to simplify matters. To score full points you must have have covered 2/3rds race distance of race distance, class position regardless. Means that Daiba and Cami got just classified incidentally.

Joe is just to damn fast. No offence to him but he's just a quick driver. I could have stayed with both Jammy and Panoz but as usual Me and talent seem to part company all to often in a race.

Joe is just to damn fast. No offence to him but he's just a quick driver. I could have stayed with both Jammy and Panoz but as usual Me and talent seem to part company all to often in a race.

Think tiredness got to us all in that one.

Little adjustment. Going to simplify matters. To score full points you must have have covered 2/3rds race distance of race distance, class position regardless. Means that Daiba and Cami got just classified incidentally.

I'm glad I didn't take too long during that "break". Swear I could've finished second or maybe even first if it had not been for that.

I love doing late-afternoon endurances with Europeans, you guys start to get tired out because it's midnight or after and I'm still going full steam ahead at 7-8 pm. Really noticed it at the end of VLN races.

13250130773_e0bf2fee06_o.jpg

After a couple of laps, your estimate looks spot on. Gear setup needs to be surprisingly short compared to Daytona.

yeah I was surprised at that, always thought of Silverstone as a high speed circuit, but then most of my Silverstone driving experience has been in F1 games.

topping out at 140, still spend a lot of the lap on the throttle but the straights aren't long enough to get a high top speed.

@rustyMercedes I wasn't sure on the gaps during the race, only when I was near someone. I wasn't near anyone in class for the majority of the race, but I know at one point after sunrise I was going through the 2nd horse shoe while @Yeratel84 was going around the adjacent banking.

Back