• Thread starter et_
  • 303 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
TT1.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration: 11/09/2014 – 25/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 11/09/2014 – 09/10/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Cars: WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna

Entry Requirements:
PP: -- (559PP with oil change)
Tyres: Racing Hard or less

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 400,000
Silver: Cr. 180,000
Bronze: Cr. 90,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT PASTELTONE 003-W paint chip
Bronze: Gold Chrome paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:29.000
Silver: 1:33.000
Bronze: 1:40.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Circuito de Madrid
Track Length: 3,387.5 m
Time of day: 10:40
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - praiano63

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - SW__10

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - PASM

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - Motor City Hami

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - iliasdc (modified SW__10 tune)

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - shaunm80

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - stiprdr

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - nExx (Tune at the end of the video)

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - dddsprayshop

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - ODB

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - BenMillard

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna
- manumanu19

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - FerrariF1GT

WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna - Kerb krawler

Modifications to the SW__10 tune - Stotty

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
1:28.453 .. stock. 👍
Nice, i had to do an oilchange, i was stuck at 1:29.300, and could not get faster, so oilchange and got it.
1:28.372. i could enter the race with 559 pp.
What an event. 1st event i tried for 1,5 hours....:crazy:

@nebneb1978
Oilchange. 559pp 175HP
Stock suspension
brakes at 8/6
Topspeed gearbox just 220kmh.(no gears changed)
LSD 10/11/25
downforce 500-700

Abs 1
traction 1
controller 4

And stay of the curbs.

Last edited:
How do you guys start tuning your cars? Is there something I should definitely do and/or not to do? Obviously I get rid of that camper and maybe little less of toe maybe? Full DF? I changed the oil already...

How do I even do the gear flip with five gears? :dunce:

Last edited:
ODB
How do you guys start tuning your cars? Is there something I should definitely do and/or not to do? Obviously I get rid of that camper and maybe little less of toe maybe? Full DF? I changed the oil already...

How I start out:
ride height slightly lower than stock and lower rear than front (depends on the car but around 100/90.
springs slightly softer than middle point on the scale.
dampers 5/5 5/5
ARB 7/7
camber 0.0/0.0
toe 0.00/0.00

LSD:
initial 5
accel. 25
deaccel. 5

transmission: first set to default, then FG slider all the way to the right, then max speed to minimum.
Then move top gear (5'th in this case) slider all the way to the right, and 1'st all the way to the left, and adjust the rest of the gears so that I get an equal gap between all of them. move the FG slider to the left until you get the correct top speed, (go out on track, if you hit rev limiter you need to move it further to the left, if you dont max out top gear you need to move it more to the right.) then do a final fine-adjustments to the gears.

Last edited:
ODB

I changed nothing with the gears and the right side, just the topspeed on the left.
I just opened gearbox ( select and it folds open) then slected the maxspeed 240, and put the slider 2x to the left on 220kmh, nothing more.

I tried some suspension settings from GTP, but somehow, i can't manage the car then.

Just had a quick go, wow its certainly requires some getting use to. Happy with a banker of a 1.24.734 for 21st on my DS3 for now. Had to set sensitivity to -2 to even get a feel for the car.

@ET thanks for sharing the info on how you start on a tune. I've got to the point where I sort of know what to change to balance the car to my liking but have been unable to get a method of starting a tune from scratch.

Excuse grammar as on phone.

This took me longer to gold than I thought it would but I wasn't taking care avoid the kerbs. Once I stayed off them it was much better.
I used the tune from Exeter GT tuning in the tuning forum by @shaunm80 but with an oil change & TCS off. Also shortened the gears a bit. Can't get the link to work but it's near the bottom of page 17.

ODB
How do you guys start tuning your cars?

Starting point for me is to flip the tranny and set LSD exactly as per @et_

For the suspension, like @et_ I set camber and toe to 0. Then I drive the car.

After that, I fix any major balance issues (primarily via ride height and LSD). Once the general balance is OK, I fine tuning with springs/dampers/ARB's/toe.

The more I drive the car, the more 'pointy' I tend to make it... adjusting the balance to get more front end grip on turn in and mid corner.

EDIT: This tune was very experimental, Go with PASM tune if you want something that's actually good :lol:

Starting point for me is to flip the tranny and set LSD exactly as per @et_

For the suspension, like @et_ I set camber and toe to 0. Then I drive the car.

After that, I fix any major balance issues (primarily via ride height and LSD). Once the general balance is OK, I fine tuning with springs/dampers/ARB's/toe.

The more I drive the car, the more 'pointy' I tend to make it... adjusting the balance to get more front end grip on turn in and mid corner.

Ok, Thanks guys!! I was taking @et_ advice and ended up with this:

Spring rate stock (16.39 20.94)
damp comp 4 4
damp ext 5 4
arb 4 4
cam 0 0
toe -5 0
brakes 6 6 (no abs needed)

LSD

DF
750 950

It was good for lap under 1:24.5 and I can't really see why not even faster in capable hands. This tune is by no means nothing too good. There's a lot of trouble going trough the lap fast, but I can't really pin point what those problems are (besides me in the wheel :lol:) so therefore I can't really think of what I'll do to it next. Gonna do some more laps tomorrow and next week, and I'm more than happy to take any advice you guys might come up whit. Although I think there's gonna be some good tunes available next week, but I think it's more than great idea to try to learn more about this tuning stuff. And yeah, I think a part of my problem is that I'm quite used to use different sort of tunes and just adapted my driving accordingly, so I don't think I really have a sort of idea how I would even like to car to handle, and if I start to tamper with tunes too much, I start to second guess just about everything, my driving and my tune :lol: so yeah, it's a great help to get ready and sorted tunes 👍

Last edited:
First attempt with my gtp tune resulted in me flipping the car on the final chicane twice before putting in a 1:24.3 good for 18th think I'm going to have to soften the car up quite a bit to really be able to attack the kerbs in the last sector

Really dislike these types of cars (useless driver here). Steering is too sensitive, have to brake really late or lose so much time, luckily I'm not too fussed about paint chips.

Did a 1:25.7 with @PASM's tune yesterday, no assists including abs because I figured I'd never get high enough on the leader board for that to matter.

Was 3rd when I did it last night, now I'm down to 125th. :lol:

Stuck on 1:29.323 for now. Will try lowering Downforce settings as I found to have an effect cause of low powered engine... Will try to change oil as well!!

ODB

Do not do the transmission flip on this car. It completely robs it of all torque. 172 HP just isn't enough to pull 2nd and 3rd gears using the transmission flip.

I did a reverse transmission flip and the car accelerates much better.

Final gear 2.500
Max Speed 124 (do not change this again)
1st gear 4.550
2nd gear 3.000
3rd gear 2.260
4th gear 1.825
5th gear 1.550
Final gear 2.000

I got gold pretty easily using these transmission settings and the default suspension tune. The car currently is near topping out at the end of the straights, so as soon as I start tuning the suspension and pick up corner speeds, I may need to reset the trans. If I do get the car to over the rev limiter, I will start working the final gear starting point up 50 points at a time.

The default tune isn't bad. It has a bit of mid corner push and once you get some grunt out of 2nd gear, you can spin the outside rear tire on exit. I will start by lowering the LSD Accel a bit. If you are not planning to spend much time with this event, these changes may be all you are interested in doing. Get gold and move on.

My full tune will be coming later.

The car is pretty good on stock settings with very minimal changes. Only thing I changed was camber, and toe (0/0), ARB (7/7) Front spring (min) and
gears (same method as ramon
Final 2800
Max Speed: Min
1st Min
2nd Min
3rd Don't move this
5th Max
4th somewhere in order to make a nice diagonal line with 3rd 4th and 5th gear
Final 2125

Right now on a 1;23.7 in 9th though this might change :)

DK
I did a 1:28.95 with @dddsprayshop's LSD settings, just try to avoid the kerbs and you'll be fine.

This.

I tried this trial with some other tune, and it was pretty frustrating because I was always within a second of the gold time, but with those changes to the LSD and traction control up to 1 (something that I usually refuse to utilize), I easily snagged the gold

I'm having a great time on this TT sitting top 10 with 1:23:376 only thing I don't like is the cost of restoring rigidity and refreshing the engine after 1 hour on the track i lost 10 bhp and ruined the chassis with a few roll overs at the chicane so all my prize money has been used on keeping the car 100%

managed to get around spot 35 today after a bit of playng maybe I will share my setup if you guys want to try it

I had a quick blast at the TT. It's great fun. I used the tune I did for the WRS Silverstone special event, with a final gear of 4.000. Time: 1'24.1
Hehe, I already posted your setup earlier today;) As you know I used your tune for the red bull F3D3 special race at spa a few weeks ago, and that was exellent with some minor adjustments, so I have high hopes for this one:P

Back