Motor City Tunes GT6

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Motor City Hami, Nov 30, 2013.

1. KamperAssassin

KamperAssassin

Oh man that's dirty

CyKosis1973 likes this.
  2. RobertM525

RobertM525

Wow, that thing sounds rather... unpleasant to drive. I was considering grinding up the credits for it, but now I think I'll hold off in favor of some other stuff I had my eye on.

3. kemmac

kemmac

Great explaination detail. I ve learned couple thing that wasnt aware of it. Thanks!

Motor City Hami and Pete05 like this.
  4. Atownbandit

Atownbandit

Hey MCH,
    I have tried your tuning garage for the first time in the form of the evora and firstly, i must say i have spent hours tuning the evora myself with no luck. You've cracked it! That sweet little lift off oversteer into corner entry you talk about is just oh so sweet. I have a challenge for you should you wish to accept it, a 500pp sports soft tune for the lotus 111r for online racing, mainly at the nordschleife. This is a great car with great handling and good speed with minimal tuning but it has its quirks and i would love to see how you optimize it!

5. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Hami has definitely cured the Evora of it's wickedness & evil tendencies.

6. Atownbandit

Atownbandit

Man i loved the evora in gt5 but they have butchered it just as much as they have butchered the aw11 mr2 in gt6! And yea hami's evora is one of the sweetest cars ive had the pleasure of driving on this game. Im just such a lotus 111r fan boy haha. I do have a current 500pp tune for it but there is just a couple specific things that i just cant fine tune out and its costing me laptime/consistency

Pete05 and Motor City Hami like this.
  7. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

I like that car. Just haven't gotten to it in GT6. My game time has been limited lately. May get to it this weekend?

Atownbandit and Pete05 like this.
  8. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Honda CR-Z @ '10
    400 PP, 168 hp, 1075 kg
    Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

[​IMG]

Tuned for the 400 PP Seasonal Events at Nurburg GP/D.

Tuning and Maintenance
    No Oil Change
    Front Aero Type A
    OZ Racing Superforgiata Rims
    Paint: GT6 Matte 014 Green

Installed Parts
    Sport Hard Tires
    Fully Customizable Suspension
    Racing Brakes
    Fully Customizable Transmission
    Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
    Fully Customizable LSD
    Engine Tuning Stage 3
    Racing Exhaust
    Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Hood
    Window Weight Reduction

Tune 1.11
    Ride Height 100/100
    Springs 5.25/5.50
    Dampers Compression 3/4
    Dampers Extension 8/4
    Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.25/-0.15
    Brake balance 4/5
    LSD 7/11/7
    Power Level 97.4%
    Ballast 130 kg
    Ballast Position +50
    Weight Distribution 52:48

Transmission
    Final Gear to 4.000
    Top Speed to 112 (never change this setting past this point)
    1st gear 3.750
    2nd gear 2.650
    3rd gear 2.060
    4th gear 1.695
    5th gear 1.450
    6th gear 1.275
    Final gear 3.250 (adjust this to set top speed at red line on longest straight)

Tuning Notes

Starting Tune
    Comfort Medium Tires for tuning
    Ride Height 100/100
    Springs 4.75/5.00
    Dampers Compression 3/3
    Dampers Extension 7/4
    Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.25/-0.15
    Brake balance 5/5
    LSD 7/10/5
    Ballast 130 kg
    Ballast Position +50
    Weight Distribution 52:48

Surprisingly good car on the starting tune. This car is way better in GT6 than it was in GT5. The nose dives on entry. Though it provides a very aggressive entry, it is not smooth and easy to drive consistently.
    - Spring rate 5.25/5.50 raised both front and rear to slow the front dive, but keep the corner balance
    - Damper compression 4/3 to slow the front dive
    - ARB 4/6 to slow the front weight transfer to the outside

These changes went in the proper direction, but too far. The nose does not take a set now on entry so now I have understeer getting down to the apex. The rear is also leaning quite a bit.
    - Damper compression 3/3 to allow the nose to drop a bit under braking, but kept the spring rate higher
    - ARB 3/7 to allow the nose to transfer weight, but to slow the rear from transferring weight

Getting front wheel lock up under braking. Also need more corner exit steering. I am worried that the brakes will upset entry if I only lower front brake balance - will it cause entry oversteer? So this is a balancing act of solving one problem but also making another change to offset the effects of the fix to the first problem.
    - Brake balance 4/5 get rid of front wheel lock up
    - LSD to 7/10/7 for more stability off throttle
    - DC 3/4 for slowed weight transfer to the rear on exit, more front grip on exit
    - DE 8/4 to slow front to rear weight transfer on exit, more front grip on exit

Solid improvements. Now detecting a slight bit of inside wheel spin on exit.
    - 7/11/7

This car is now smooth all the way through the corner and can be driven to very consistent lap times. I hated this car in GT5, but in GT6, with this tune, it is among my favorite FFs in the game. Put sport hard tires back on and go dominate the 400 PP class.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  9. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Subaru S206 NBR Challege Package '12
    500 PP, 355 hp, 1275 kg

[​IMG]
    Tuned for the 500 PP Seasonal Events at Apricot Hill.

Tuning and Maintenance
    No Oil Change
    Front Aero Type A
    OZ Racing Superforgiata Rims
    Paint: Ice Silver Metallic

Installed Parts
    Sport Hard Tires
    Racing Brakes
    Standard Transmission
    Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
    Carbon Drive Shaft
    Fully Customizable LSD
    Center Differential
    Engine Tuning Stage 1
    Semi-Racing Exhaust
    Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Hood
    Window Weight Reduction

Tune 1.11
    Ride Height 105/95
    Springs 5.50/9.00
    Dampers Compression 2/5
    Dampers Extension 9/5
    Anti-Roll Bars 3/6
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.25/-0.12
    Brake balance 4/5
    LSD Front 12/15/7
    LSD Rear 10/12/12
    F/R Torque Split 40/60
    Power Limiter 98.6%
    Ballast 70
    Ballast Position +50

Transmission (Standard)
    1st gear 3.636
    2nd gear 2.375
    3rd gear 1.761
    4th gear 1.346
    5th gear 1.062
    6th gear 0.842
    Final gear 3.900

Tuning Notes

Starting Tune
    Ride Height 115/95
    Springs 6.00/9.00
    Dampers Compression 3/4
    Dampers Extension 7/4
    Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.25/-0.15
    Brake balance 4/6
    LSD Front 12/15/7
    LSD Rear 10/12/5
    F/R Torque Split 40/60
    Ballast 70
    Ballast Position +50

Not getting enough front dive on entry. If pushing too hard on entry, it will really screw up mid corner and exit. Need to fix entry before I can learn anything about mid corner and exit needs. The ride height glitch may be causing some of this entry problem? The car does not want to turn in, so I grab more wheel, then late entry the car can get loose, rear first, then front. Corner entry needs to be more smooth. The car is also really good on exit of high speed corners, but it has some understeer on exit of slower corners.
    - Ride height to 100/95 for better entry
    - Springs to 5.50/9.00 for better entry
    - DC 2/4 to both drop the nose quicker under braking, but to slow rear lift too. So more turn in, but more stability too.
    - ARB 3/6 to calm the car down on entry
    - LSD rear 10/12/9 to calm the car down on entry
    - Brake balance 4/6 to calm down braking

This improved corner entry, but hurt corner exit on the higher speed corners.
    - DE 8/4 to hold the nose down longer through the corner, more exit front grip
    - RH back in the other direction, 105/95 for more front grip

A far better car already, but still loose on entry and need more late exit grip.
    - DC 2/5 to slow rear compression, more front exit grip
    - DE 9/5 to slow front extension, more front exit grip and to slow rear weight transfer on entry, more entry stability
    - Rear toe to -0.12 for more rear grip through the corner, a bit to offset some of the damper changes

Better, but do more.
    - DE 10/5 to slow front extension, more front exit grip
    - Rear LSD 10/12/12 for more stable entry

The car is really good, but still a little loose on corner entry. It's really fun to drive like this, so I am stopping here. There may be another tenth or two to be found if using this car for a time trial.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    SCER, steve nfs, Pete05 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
    500 PP, 377 hp, 1100 kg

[​IMG]

Tuned for the 500 PP Seasonal Events at Twin Ring Motegi East.

Tuning and Maintenance
    No Oil Change
    Front Aero Type A
    Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

Installed Parts
    Sport Hard Tires
    Racing Brakes
    Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
    Carbon Drive Shaft
    Fully Customizable LSD
    Engine Tuning Stage 3
    Sports Computer
    Racing Exhaust
    Catalytic Converter Sports
    Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Hood
    Window Weight Reduction

Tune 1.11
    Ride Height 95/95
    Springs 7.25/6.50
    Dampers Compression 3/4
    Dampers Extension 7/5
    Anti-Roll Bars 5/4
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.12/0.10
    Brake balance 6/5
    LSD 9/7/7
    Power Limiter 100%
    Ballast 28
    Ballast Position 0

Transmission
    Final Gear to 6.000
    Top Speed to 112 (never change this setting past this point)
    1st gear 3.700
    2nd gear 2.600
    3rd gear 2.015
    4th gear 1.655
    5th gear 1.415
    6th gear 1.250
    Final gear 4.300 (adjust this to set top speed at red line on longest straight)

Tuning Notes

Starting Tune
    Ride Height 95/95
    Springs 6.50/6.00
    Dampers Compression 3/3
    Dampers Extension 5/4
    Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.05/0.05
    Brake balance 5/5
    LSD 10/12/7
    Power Limiter 100%
    Ballast 28
    Ballast Position 0

Outside wheel spin on corner exit.
    - 10/10/7

Outside wheel spin on exit and oversteer everywhere, except for late exit. Also lots of body roll
    - SR 7.25/6.50
    - DE 6/5
    - ARB 5/4 to calm body roll and oversteer
    - Toe 0.05/0.10 to calm oversteer
    - LSD 9/9/9 to rid outside wheel spin and entry oversteer

This car responds very well to small changes. I wish that American cars were programmed in GT6 with this much precision. Still has outside wheel spin on exit and a tiny bit of understeer on corner entry.
    - LSD 9/8/8

I love it when a car has that little bit of lift off oversteer. Still need a little more mid-corner grip.
    - Toe -0.12/0.10

Needs more stability under braking.
    - Brake balance 6/5

Still a touch of outside wheel spin and could use more entry rotation.
    - LSD 9/7/7

Great car. Stop here and drive it to 100 race wins.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  11. steve nfs

steve nfs

Just a question to ask Sir, is practice online with our own room fast or offline fast on timetrial? Many people say it's time trial offline. But if the fuel become less & the tires set not to conceive in online mode, it should gain a fast time lap while in offline time trial the fuel is full all the time. Can get an answer? Thks anyway!​

12. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

I think you are asking two questions?

First, are lap times different for time trial offline vs. online? I have not tested this.

Second, are lap times different with tire wear and fuel consumption on? Yes. It can take a few laps for the tires to heat up for that one flying fast lap and the tires will start to drop off after half of the tire life is used.

DaBomm4, steve nfs and Pete05 like this.
  13. steve nfs

steve nfs

Need your test & see the real result Sir! Thks for your attention. In online mode just run until the fuel less than half, with your not bearable tires setting or change at the pit to see is it faster time laps than offline time trial! Good luck...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  14. Mercury1

Mercury1 Premium

Yep. Love the BTC's - especially at Brands Hatch, "proper racing that is, know what I mean?" (said with dodgy attempt at English accent via Sydney). :)

CyKosis1973 and Pete05 like this.
  15. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna
    559 PP, 172 hp, 455 kg

[​IMG]

Tuned for the WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna Super Lap at Madrid. I was able to gold this event with just my transmission settings and lowering the LSD Accel to 25, using the default suspension settings. If you are just looking for gold, try that and move on. I then spent some time trying to squeak out a fast flying lap. My current lap is 1:25.816 which is good enough for 275th place at the moment. I have no idea how the fast among us are getting into the 1:24's and 1:23's. Maybe my tune in the hands of an alien can get there, but in my hands, its worth about a 1:25.

Link to rate this tune: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/west-surrey-racing-1983-ayrton-senna.695/

Tuning and Maintenance
    Oil Change

Installed Parts
    Racing Hard Tires
    Racing Brakes
    Fully Customizable LSD
    Racing Exhaust

Tune 1.11
    RH 40/40
    Springs 15.00/18.50
    Dampers Compression 3/4
    Dampers Extension 8/4
    Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
    Camber 0.0/0.0
    Toe -0.35/+0.05
    Brake balance 4/6
    LSD 10/10/14
    Downforce 800/900
    Power Level 100.0%
    Ballast 0 kg
    Ballast Position 0
    Weight Distribution 46:54

Transmission
    Final Gear to 2.500 (using the reverse flip)
    Top Speed to 124 (never change this setting past this point)
    1st gear 4.550
    2nd gear 3.000
    3rd gear 2.260
    4th gear 1.852
    5th gear 1.550
    Final gear 2.000 (adjust this to set top speed at redline on longest straight)

Tuning Notes:
    I spent about two hours with this car and kept pretty good notes. I will share these later tonight or on Saturday.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  16. Jbaffoh

Jbaffoh

This saved me one second after reducing rear downforce to 850. Thank you!!! 1'25.486

17. Kerb krawler

Kerb krawler

Very nice, got 52nd place in the latest time trail with this tune. 1.24.2xx

18. poseidol

poseidol

Thank you for this tune Motor City Hami! I'm not quite at the gold yet, but your tune helped a lot (my time is currently 1:30.XXX). Lots of room for improvement, but will get there quite soon. The car is very stable and quick...

Update: just got gold, with a time of 1:28.657. Also changed the oil and will see if I can improve on that time. Thanks again...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  19. SirNinners

SirNinners

So i have a question or two, for anyone who can answer really, concerning if i'm understanding a few things or not and a bit about the data logger. First though i wanna thank Mr. Hami for not just stating what does what but your thought processes behind it and some why's. That's a tremendous help for me. I've just started GT6 a few weeks ago and have only played 2 or 3 arcade style drivers for very short times since the last driving sim i played a lot which was the original GT way back when. So my driving skills aren't that great and my ability to see/notice what's going on while driving is a bit low also. Knowing the what's and why's is really helping me, tons.

Using the data logger actually helped me quite a bit with the cornering aspect that you were trying to show with the circles on your drawings. I think i remember reading Mr. Hami here hasn't messed with it yet, i think it's wonderfull. As long as you access it through the main menu and remember to save the fastest lap replays. From there you can set it up to see a graph with individual wheel speed, individual corner ride height, lateral and longitudnial gforces and steering wheel angle. I could see while breaking my front tires would suddenly drop in wheel speed then immediately get much quicker while my rear stayed smooth. I think that would be from ABS kicking in and lowered front brake level. Also in mid corner i saw Left Front tire go +20mm; Right Front go - 10mm; Left Rear stay even; and Right Rear go -20mm. Also that when breaking my front dived quite low while my rear barely went up. I figured the front sway bar needed lowering to keep the Front Left from lifting from the ground. the rear needed loosening and dampers lowered to allow it to move more. The only thing on the front was to tighten springs to restrict diving without affecting cornering too bad. It all seemed to work out and ended up with the whole left side going +10mm and the whole right side going down -20mm in the middle of the corner. Was i correct in my thinking here and outcome? Did i miss anything?

Now the LSD, that's proving trouble getting my head around. I thought i did and had it set to my car fine (all three significanly lower than stock settings.) Inside, Outside tire spin seemed as equal as i could braking was straight and didn't give any under or oversteer at turning (besides what is already there whether breaking or not.)But i had set up Tab B to test quite different settings and forgot to change the stock lsd. While driving i had noticed my outside rear starting to heat up and slip going into oversteer and during hard braking my car actually started pulling into the turn. I had thought that either my driving smoothed out, my set up was better or something else allowed the improper LSD settings to show. But it was just not chaning it from default. my confusion came from braking setting. Wouldn't my car "pulling" into the turn be an oversteer situation. You stated to lower the setting if it had understeer and to raise it if it had oversteer. With stock being a bit higher than my setting of 6 that seems to be fine. It should of had understeer. If i understand correctly how these differentials work. Setting the brake setting determines how free the wheels are to turn different from each other. Low setting enables them to vary greatly which would allow one wheel to be significanly slowed quicker than the other allowing that side to actually pull the car, resulting in an oversteer situation. while raising it, keeps the wheels closer to the same speed making them not to want to turn while braking, giving the understeer. However my car started turning in with a higher decel setting. Am i not getting something here? Could it be since my initial was higher and it only happened during a harder than normal braking at the start of braking but lessened when actually getting to the apex. That the limiter was kicking in causeing it to only occur during those moments? But why oversteer instead of understeer since there was a higher decell level? Also i'm still not fully sure i understand the initial. Other than my little braking issue i didn't really see any oversteer, understeer issue no matter what setting i had it. Or does it seem i have a better handle on it now?

Anyways thanks in advance in anyone that can help clear up my befuddled brain and for what seems to be a friendly garage.

20. Badger66

Badger66

Thanks for this Awesome Gold tune.....You just saved me from going completely nuts after 3 days of trying.....Cheers for all your hard work on tuning this car for this Seasonal.....:bowdown:

:cheers:

21. Mercury1

Mercury1 Premium

Thanks mate, great tune. Took 2 seconds off my best with stock.

22. twitcher

twitcher

Absolutely loving this tune right now :tup: Been using it online in 500pp SS rooms, and it's really competitive, even for a novice like me :).

Looking forward to trying out your RX8 :sly:

lilivier, Pete05 and Motor City Hami like this.
  23. turismoslayer

turismoslayer

Thanks Hams!

Motor City Hami likes this.
  24. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Sorry that I did not get to answer this before now. I have had a severely bad cold this past week.

I have tested the data logger now. I was using it to see different wheel speeds for setting the LSD. I find the numbers to be a bit misleading. When I tune by feel, I tend to run low LSD accel numbers like between 10 and 12. But when I look at the data logger, it often indicates that I am getting a bit of inside wheel spin. I am torn on which to trust; feel or the data. For cars that I race online, I go with feel. For cars entered into FITT competitions, I tend to follow the data. My driving style with a wheel and pedals is smooth into the throttle. Many of the test drivers use the DS3 which is more difficult to ease into the throttle. For this reason, the higher number in the data logger helps those drivers to keep control from apex to exit.

I have also used the data logger to see which end of the car was locking up under hard braking. It is very useful for that looking at wheel speeds.

I do not find the data logger very useful for comparing corner speeds. I just keep running laps against the ghost and get a better feel for whether I am keeping up or not.

For LSD lately, I have been starting at 10/10/10. If you start there, then simply optimize LSD Accel, you can be quick. As for the corner entry oversteer with a high LSD Decel number, the only explanation I can come up with is to look at brake balance. Were you running a low front BB and a high rear? That could account for the oversteer on entry. Or did you have super low front damper compression or super low rear damper extension? Either of these could have been causing a snap oversteer situation?

lilivier and Pete05 like this.
  25. SirNinners

SirNinners

No worries about how long it took. I try not to expect fast responses from a forum, never know another's life, just remain pleasantly surprised if it is quick. I'd think the data logger would be more accurate, but you wouldn't be able to match your driving style without driving. I'm just using it and some formulas to get a base, a starting point. Since the default points don't seem to change after upgrades, weight changes, etc., I'm assuming those are no longer as accurate. Want to get a new baseline then tweak from there to get what seems to be better for me. Still got a lot of learning/experience to gain with actual driving but i figured knowing what everything does and how it does it will help me.

As far as my brake balance i had it at 9/8 until i noticed from the data logger those two little "stutters" then lowered the front and have an 8/8. Also no tires went red. Using racing hards with that balance. My dampers are 4/3 comp and 5/4 ext. so not super low but with a lower rear. It's more like a pull. As if the braking balance from side to side is off. Which lead me to think the decel diff but it would seem backwards because a higher number should be more locked and should create more of a "i want to go straight" instead of "i want turn a lot". As far as i understand things. Of course that made me question if i understood things or not. lol. I haven't been able to get in the game to mess around with it and try and understand it better myself, real life coolant leaks can be a bear.

Though just now thinking about it i did take a 44/50 weight balance add ballast to get a 49/50. Wonder if that could have an effect on it. Will try messing around with it when i figure out which gasket I'm going to have to replace.

26. yuan

yuan

Hi,Hami. Thanks for u tune, I have question, I saw you write:(using the reverse flip) . What's the reverse flip? How to use? When to use it? What is the difference and flip? Thank you:tup:

27. Badger66

Badger66

I just want to say thank you for your Awesome Tuning Guide Keith....This is my first time at tuning from scratch...before i just use to tweak Shaun's and Praiano's Wicked tunes for Seasonal's to my own driving capabilities and for the track in that Seasonal.

But this is a totally different ball game and so confusing at first...Shaun put me in the right direction about what to do for a base tune and then i read your Guide and Wow there is so much to take into consideration with it all....But after reading your guide it starts to fall into place a bit and i know it's going to be a long road for me to create tunes from scratch...but just from looking at your Guide while i'm tuning it really is a godsend to have this information at hand and thank you again...i've just managed to get 500th of a second off my best lap time in my Focus ST '06 tune just by changing Rear Toe angle to Negetive instead of positive and LSD Settings from what you put in your guide....So i take my hat off to you....:bowdown:

Cheers and all the Best

Phil

28. Badger66

Badger66

Hi Keith...i know your'e a very busy man....so i won't keep you..i have a quick question...I'm tuning a FR car and i'm having problems from mid corner to exit so i think my answer should be in the The Apex to exit section... i'm getting a orange to red Rear inside tire when hitting the gas to get full throttle control to get to exit....Do you have any thoughts to what this could be....please..:)

Thanks for your time

Phil

29. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

One question to clarify, do you get understeer or oversteer during this time?

From my experience, a red inside rear tire means that your LSD accel is set too low.

Bowtie-muscle, Badger66 and F1Racer68 like this.
  30. Badger66

Badger66

Thanks for the prompt reply...I had to much weight to the rear of car and it made it too stiff for any throttle control so i changed weight distribution and added more weight to the front of the car and now the back is loose and i have my throttle control now...but getting the orange if i apply half throttle and red if full throttle...but the car is handling much better now....sorry to rant...but i thought it would help if i told you how this happened....So the answer is manageable oversteer...:tup:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014