WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna Super Lap - Circuito de Madrid

• Thread starter et_
  • 303 comments
I'm a Brit. I'm hoping to be up there in a few months. For some reason my learning curve has been quite been good. I've been playing regularly (an hour a day if I'm lucky) for about a month now and I seem to be climbing the leader board quite consistently.

My gf goes back to uni this week so I too will be putting in 2hr a day sessions.

Good luck with the next academy. I too will be pushing hard. If only I was Indian.. I'd have qualified with Ease :lol:

I'm a Brit. I'm hoping to be up there in a few months. For some reason my learning curve has been quite been good. I've been playing regularly (an hour a day if I'm lucky) for about a month now and I seem to be climbing the leader board quite consistently.

My gf goes back to uni this week so I too will be putting in 2hr a day sessions.

Good luck with the next academy. I too will be pushing hard. If only I was Indian.. I'd have qualified with Ease :lol:
Well it's not impossible to make it to top 10 if you get enough hours, it's damn luck my gf lives in different town, I get to play all week :lol:

And at least for me it seems that improving is getting harder and harder. I mean the closer I get to the top, the more work seems to be requiered, so don't get demoralised if you seem to get stuck and just keep on going. There's been days that I can't even catch my own ghost :lol:

Last edited:
@ODB , @Growling : If you spend an hour or 2 every day, and most importantly, if you always strive to get the maximum out of the car and yourself in every seasonal TT, It will not take 6 months to get a top 10 place, that will come much sooner. Trust me, you'll have a top 10 place before the end of this year, no doubt.

et_
@ODB , @Growling : If you spend an hour or 2 every day, and most importantly, if you always strive to get the maximum out of the car and yourself in every seasonal TT, It will not take 6 months to get a top 10 place, that will come much sooner. Trust me, you'll have a top 10 place before the end of this year, no doubt.

I have to disagree. I think you know how much I've been playing and how bad I want it and after all these years, no top 10 in site. Not everyone progresses at the same rate and some just never make it at all.

I have to disagree. I think you know how much I've been playing and how bad I want it and after all these years, no top 10 in site. Not everyone progresses at the same rate and some just never make it at all.
That might be true actually... I did'nt think about that...

et_
That might be true actually... I did'nt think about that...
Hahahaha yeah, I've been already at it for over half a year now and last time on ascari I made my first top 30 (still a lightyear away from top 10)and it wasn't even too popular event. But any way, thanks for encouragement! I'll keep to it anyway, and to be frank it's not the end of the world for me if I won't make it top ten this year. I mean as long as I have motivation this is great way to get rid off my excess energy :)

I think most people have a natural talent level and it's very, very hard to get beyond this.

No matter how many hours I've put in to the game, I've been around the same level since GT5P... making the jump to the next level is just beyond my fine motor skills :lol:

I have a had a TT top 10 though, and I have been to the UK GT Academy finals :D

I think most people have a natural talent level and it's very, very hard to get beyond this

No matter how many hours I've put in to the game, I've been around the same level since GT5P... making the jump to the next level is just beyond my fine motor skills :lol:
You are quite right on that, luckily I have made this observation in couple of different sports already so this is nothing new to me :lol:. To a certain point is quite easy to get, but after that it's gonna take a lots and lots of effort. And I think it takes at least two years to get there in the first place, and that's when the true troubles starts to come really clear.

But yeah, there's multiple ways to improve yourself, and I think one can only get so far just by playing GT! I mean firstly I should stop drinking so much during weekends and just play and play, but that's not currently happening (nor it will any time soon) and it's like starting allover again next Monday :ill: secondly I should start looking after my diet much better overall and start even doing some exercise, thirdly would come to mind taking on a hobby that would also require fast reflects and stern concentration so I could hone those skills in different ways. And if i'd like to see what is my true extreme on this sport I should give up my work also and just concentrate on improving my self any way possible! But yeah, this is just a hobby to me, it's a damn luck I don't have to make living out of this :nervous: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, being positive is the key I like to think, and always keep on mind that there's other guys working just as hard or even harder than me, so I won't get too disappointed if someone is faster than me :lol: and even if there's guys like @et_ who make a faster lap in few hours than I make in ten, it really doesn't bother too much, he's just very very good, right :)

(Damn update, COME ON LOAD UP ALREADY :lol:)

Last edited:
Hey @ODB you should get your self a race kart and a track car like me for those real life practice sessions :sly: :cheers:
Well as it happens to be, there's a race track quite near where I live and there's a track for karts also so I could rent one, I'm actually quite embarrassed to admit that I haven't already done it, and if I'm not wrong there should be a track day also so I think I really look in to that more, next summer though :lol: starting to get bit too chilly out there :lol:

My only real life driving practice currently comes from driving a van, in traffic, while working :lol: so yeah, there's a definite way for me to improve my overall skill and most of all I think my actual knowledge of car sports in general, I mean I have watched all series of top gear but I don't really see that's taking me anywhere :lol: :lol:

And yeah, I'm just A bit short for racing car but I think I'll visit the British isles and come and take a spin in your cars mate :lol: :lol:

Haha. If you want some seat time and have a small space to store it, get a kart. They're awesome fun and very inexpensive

Any one know why my wheel feels like I'm stirring thin porridge since this update!? It's so weak and horrible!? (G27)

Any one know why my wheel feels like I'm stirring thin porridge since this update!? It's so weak and horrible!? (G27)

Many people are complaining with G27/G25. It's an improvement on DFGT in my opinion, much more progressive FFB.

It's weak as hell on the g27 now. Feels awful!
Did you adjust those new DF settings? And yes, it felt like marsh mellow for a while even on 10/10 and there seems to be a some sort of flickering going on somewhere on upper side of the screen, witch seems to happen as the new FFB starts to work. After something like 50-100 km I did barely even notice the weirdness of the wheel and it feels alright, although it's a lot softer than on old FFB but I think it provides bit more information trough steering than before.

For a moment I thought to my self WTF, do I have to by new wheel? Why is the screen flickering?(still wondering on this one) and most importantly, WHY I CAN'T SEE TOP 10 REAPLAYS? WHY?

Yeah I'm not a fan of how sloppy it is now.

Tried your new tune today @praiano63 matched my time but couldn't beat it. Although it's hugely fast in the first sector (22.5) I can't get it to go as quick through the end of the lap!

Love the gearbox though. I might try the old settings and new gearbox

Finally a sub 1:23 after a few days of trying and getting very frustrated I've got a 1.22.954 for 13th got a bit lucky on final chicane but il take it :)
Damn, I did couple of 1:23.0xx with not so lucky last chicane :lol: And I was on the spot 13 when I stopped playing yesterday!! Grrrrrr:mad:

Naah, great lap mate 👍

I find this seasonal very difficult for me. Something in ranks with Lambo on Nurburgring in GT5...
Last night I have applied praiano63 tune. It is better, but still only 1.29 :-( very frustrating!!!

ODB
Damn, I did couple of 1:23.0xx with not so lucky last chicane :lol: And I was on the spot 13 when I stopped playing yesterday!! Grrrrrr:mad:

Naah, great lap mate 👍

Cheers mate was very lucky last chicane car just landed dead straight at full throttle I picked up 0.2 from just that alone I was just behind my ghost the entire lap

Cheers mate was very lucky last chicane car just landed dead straight at full throttle I picked up 0.2 from just that alone I was just behind my ghost the entire lap
Yeah, that first hairpin and that last chicane... Either I get stuck on that hairpin loosing up to 2 tenths or I'm so pumped up on last chicane I mess it up...

This is really fun TT though, and I think car like this is good for getting intouch with that new FFB. Especially when I had done almost 900km before update, so I should know the car and the track so no suprises there, most trouble I think I had on that last chicane because of lack of feel on small low speed turns. I think this is just a matter of gettin used to... Hopefully...

ODB
Yeah, that first hairpin and that last chicane... Either I get stuck on that hairpin loosing up to 2 tenths or I'm so pumped up on last chicane I mess it up...

This is really fun TT though, and I think car like this is good for getting intouch with that new FFB. Especially when I had done almost 900km before update, so I should know the car and the track so no suprises there, most trouble I think I had on that last chicane because of lack of feel on small low speed turns. I think this is just a matter of gettin used to... Hopefully...

Yeah that last chicane is the lap killer I've been as much as 0.5 up on my 1:23.1 lap and level with immortal heading in to the chicane but it's a bit of a lottery how the car lands I've done close to 1200km and on my second f3 car I'm pushing for that top ten but it might just be out of reach

Yeah that last chicane is the lap killer I've been as much as 0.5 up on my 1:23.1 lap and level with immortal heading in to the chicane but it's a bit of a lottery how the car lands I've done close to 1200km and on my second f3 car I'm pushing for that top ten but it might just be out of reach
Well I'll be happy if I even get to visit top 10! I'm pretty sure that my current speed would be really close to 1:22.8xx but it will take almost a perfect lap from me. There's a whole week to go, so it will be interesting to see when I hit the wall, sort of speak.

Good luck for future laps!
De La Sierra can wait :lol:

Last edited:
ODB
For a moment I thought to my self WTF, do I have to by new wheel? Why is the screen flickering?(still wondering on this one) and most importantly, WHY I CAN'T SEE TOP 10 REAPLAYS? WHY?

Try to download the replays, then you be able to watch or load ghost.💡

Last edited:
Wow! I joined the site, and that convinced me to try on this time trial. Between Praiano's setup and putting in 20 minutes straight, I went from ~10,000 to ~660. That's a big improvement from just getting gold and moving along like I've done since gt5. I'm actually proud that my first real attempt put me in the top thousand. I'm sure the fact that I just purchased a DFGT helped a lot too.
All in all, thanks GTP. You just added a lot of fun back into gt6 for me.

Edit: Another go got me to ~430 with a high 1:24.xx

Last edited:
Since setting my 1:25.973 for 248th place last week everyone has improved. To try and delay the inevitable I tried again and got 1:24.743 currently 293rd with @t_wilson01 ghost sharing the track with me.

A few members in this topic are in that ballpark. I'm keeping with you - just! Returned to TCS 6 as I'm a DS3 user and novice level.

Only change to the setup from that link was 7:10 for brake bias, so I can slide the rear a little going into the tightest turns. The fast tunes really seem to be about pivoting the car on its nose through the whole turn, which I just don't have the skill to do. +0.30 front toe feels a bit embarrassing but it's the only way I can get around the lap!

Always liked Praiano's tunes so will give that a try. @SW__10 tune still too tricky for me.

I used right stick for throttle/brake since GT2 days. At the weekend changed to triggers for brake/accel, shoulders for gear change and kept using left stick for steering. Very very happy to have gotten to grips with it. Just don't ask me to recover from a spin by selecting reverse...good thing I didn't change the Start button.

Last edited:
Back