WTC 800 Le Mans best car

• Thread starter Dess81
  • 47 comments
Nissan GTR GT 500 2008. Put some RH on and have fun. Can't remember what FM to use, but I do remember it having great fuel economy. I get 11 laps out of it on FM1 at the 1 hour Spa.

Try these,E Type and D Type Jags,both give over 4 laps of fuel,the Alpine A220 will do the same but also very minimal tyre wear.the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta will give you nearly 4 laps of fuel along with the Shelby Daytona(normally aspirated)and my all time fave the DB3s.All will either touch 170 down Mulsanne on fuel map 6 or exceed it,the Aston i can get to 204 mph down it with FM 6.All are fully upgraded(except the Daytona)and well below the pp.

Recently i have been fiddling with the Alpine 220 settings.I think i have just about nailed the best setup.Out of all the cars i have there isnt one that decent Fuel economy and tyre wear.If i get a mainly dry race(some rain is ok as long as it stays around 50% on the track wetness indicator)i can use the same set of tyres,the limiting factor in the race is now fuel economy.That said,with a bit of a light touch on the accelerator i can get 5 laps on a tank.The A220 can win the race easily without needing to change the Fuel map at all.Check the screenie for tyre wear on lap 7 of Le Mans.Feel free to ask me for my settings.
314335086_493252516070746_1358273946555060166_n.jpg

Recently i have been fiddling with the Alpine 220 settings.I think i have just about nailed the best setup.Out of all the cars i have there isnt one that decent Fuel economy and tyre wear.If i get a mainly dry race(some rain is ok as long as it stays around 50% on the track wetness indicator)i can use the same set of tyres,the limiting factor in the race is now fuel economy.That said,with a bit of a light touch on the accelerator i can get 5 laps on a tank.The A220 can win the race easily without needing to change the Fuel map at all.Check the screenie for tyre wear on lap 7 of Le Mans.Feel free to ask me for my settings.
View attachment 1205895
I'd be interested in your settings. I'm sure many people would be.

Thank you.

View attachment 1205895
Would love to see those settings, I'm sure a few others would to, post them up and ill post up the mazda LM55 VGT(GR1), Once I work out how lol. It's brilliant for Sagadena too using rh's and fm 4 for 1st 4 laps then 3 till pitting lap 10 bringing it down to 2 for last 5 laps

As promised the A220 setup.Do take notice of the gear ratios as they have been changed quite a bit.Also you may want to modify the way you drive around corners.If you watch some of the Goodwood Revival races the Drivers brake and coast around corners only applying power once out of the corner.Although the Alpine has some aerodynamics they arent of this century and some Classics have none at all,so driving this way you get the best out of the car and tyres.
gt3.jpg

gt4.jpg

gt8.jpg

Mercedes CLK-LM '98 ez win with fuel to leanest mix and hard tyres. You'll have to add balst up 133 kg but it will be easy since competitors will do 2 stop instead of one stop.

Most of the cars suggested here are detuned Gr.1 cars, detuned Gr.2 cars or tuned Gr.3 cars, tuned race cars or tuned road cars.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to win this race with an unmodified Gr.3 car. Racing against the same class of car in this race seems like a good challenge, but I wasn't expecting it to be as difficult as it has been for me. It's no trouble in the WTC 700 30 Minute Le Mans race to win using a Gr.4 car (vs. other Gr.4 cars) so long as you pit at appropriate times for fuel/rain tires.

I have been trying various FM and pit strategies in my 911 RSR, but so far my best result is P4.

I might have been able to finish higher had I not made one mistake. P1-P3 were grouped pretty close together at the end, but I was still about 17 seconds from P1, I'm not sure how much time my mistake cost me.

Most of the cars suggested here are detuned Gr.1 cars, detuned Gr.2 cars or tuned Gr.3 cars, tuned race cars or tuned road cars.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to win this race with an unmodified Gr.3 car. Racing against the same class of car in this race seems like a good challenge, but I wasn't expecting it to be as difficult as it has been for me. It's no trouble in the WTC 700 30 Minute Le Mans race to win using a Gr.4 car (vs. other Gr.4 cars) so long as you pit at appropriate times for fuel/rain tires.

I have been trying various FM and pit strategies in my 911 RSR, but so far my best result is P4.

I might have been able to finish higher had I not made one mistake. P1-P3 were grouped pretty close together at the end, but I was still about 17 seconds from P1, I'm not sure how much time my mistake cost me.

17 seconds from P1 isn't due to mistake-s , its probably lack of " pace " from the car you use for it .
I don't remember that race since i run only at 700pp for griding purposes but that's what i think.

I guess every car that can win at Sartegna 800pp can win and there but if you're looking for " stock " gr3 cars you might asking too much in a race full of straights especially if you're running at hard level.

Also Gr1 and Gr2 cars are more " flexible" at fuel and tyre management while gr3 and gr4 aren't .
80-90 pp difference is a significant amount to copy with if you're not holding an Ace in your hands .
Where ace , can be less pitstops due to better fuel and tyre economy .

@GlockPants you cost me 450k 😂
Just bought a new RSR 911 to ensure stock form.
Run at FM1 , did one stop for fuel only and i managed 2nt place at hard level.
I found my self first starting 5th lap ( due yo AI pitstop) but couldn't block two cars behind me , Viper and Audi was ready to " swallow" me and the Viper did it and made and the faster lap on the race also.
You simply need a faster car , one pitstop and lap times under 4.00 .
No stop cars doesn't play at this category, i don't know if there is any but even if it is ,the time you loose is much more than one stop delay.

One from the two Audi's certainly can do the job or any car you can go with it well under 4.00 minutes, otherwise you're doomed 😵‍💫.

Just note that for 1 or 2 laps more ,you loose a significant amount of credits by choosing this race instead of the 700pp.
Anyway your choice, i just give you what needed.
Good luck.

Last edited:
@smoothbore12

Thank you for your input.

I'm putting this particular challenge on the shelf for now. I used the CLK-LM for an easy win here. FM-6 and Hard tires resulted in a no-stop race finishing ahead of P2 by 1 minute.

As far as the Gr.3 cars, I agree. Unless someone comes in and provides some new insight or strategy that worked for them. The way I figure, a no-stop in an unmodified Gr.3 is impossible. So FM-1 and Soft tires is probably an optimal strategy, if one exists. Might need some fuel savings on one lap to stretch a stint if fuel can't last a full 3 laps.

@smoothbore12

Thank you for your input.

I'm putting this particular challenge on the shelf for now. I used the CLK-LM for an easy win here. FM-6 and Hard tires resulted in a no-stop race finishing ahead of P2 by 1 minute.

As far as the Gr.3 cars, I agree. Unless someone comes in and provides some new insight or strategy that worked for them. The way I figure, a no-stop in an unmodified Gr.3 is impossible. So FM-1 and Soft tires is probably an optimal strategy, if one exists. Might need some fuel savings on one lap to stretch a stint if fuel can't last a full 3 laps.

I think its impossible a gr3 car and non stop at 800pp race .
The AI at hard level are running around 4.00 minutes per lap .
An unmodified gr3 even if you could run 5 laps with fuel saving ,it would be so slow that there isn't any chance to cover the pitstop the AI do .
In my RSR i didn't use soft tyres , perhaps i could have win because i could had better brakes and better last part.
I won with the AUDI lms 15 stock on RH on easy level but since i was lapping consistent under 4.00 minutes ( 3.57 -3.58 ) i think it would be also easy to win and at hard level 😊

Best cars for la sarthe are R92CP and 787 , period.

If ill take them at 800 pp race as it is ( tuned at 700pp ) they will easily win both at hard level and since there's no penalties apply if you get a bit wide it would be perfect to chase a 3.50 lap
If you put and RS tyres on ?
Then we are talking about " party animals " .

Latest Posts

Back