wtf still in virgin?

• Thread starter PS3Noob
  • 38 comments
Update on my career; (Expert Mode)
After my first race in Mercedes I was feeling good about getting pole or maybe first row start, however it didn't go as planned... 👎

My lap time was around 3secs worse than Vettel on pole and I started in 17th position... FAIL, I really hate Australia btw...

In the race I finished 6 which I thought was quite good and I was pleased with +11 positions... :)

In Malaysia I started from 4th position, and what helped was heavy rain throughout the whole race... The first corner was right scary as I race in cockpit view I couldn't see anything behind Webber, fortunately I didn't hit him and got into first position and stayed like that for the whole race... I didn't have to pit as the conditions didn't change... 👍

I was looking forward to China as I really enjoy that track and I knew that I have the pace against the "Legendary" AI... In Malaysia I received the "Fast" Engine Mapping which helped an awful lot so my Merc had similar pace to Red Bull's...

In the qualy I had second position right next to Webber... I was the quickest in the first sector and third however the Red Bull's were fastest in second...

In the race I quickly got past Webber and got a 5 seconds lead... On lap 4 I pitted and got on the prime tyres... I got behind Glock and in the first sector that is something terrible... he was so slow and I couldn't overtake him and made some mistakes and had 2 small spins... and lost lot of time... After Webber pitted he came out around 6 seconds in front of me, with 6 laps to spare... I had to catch him quickly...

On expert mode it is especially hard as commit one mistake and you're off... With one lap to spare I caught him... I overtaken him and won the race with one second lead... 👍

Now I'm leading the championship with 22 points and it's Catalunya next... How I hate that track... :yuck: I'm gonna try to limit my losses and get as much points as possible...

Update on my career; (Expert Mode)
After my first race in Mercedes I was feeling good about getting pole or maybe first row start, however it didn't go as planned... 👎

My lap time was around 3secs worse than Vettel on pole and I started in 17th position... FAIL, I really hate Australia btw...

In the race I finished 6 which I thought was quite good and I was pleased with +11 positions... :)

In Malaysia I started from 4th position, and what helped was heavy rain throughout the whole race... The first corner was right scary as I race in cockpit view I couldn't see anything behind Webber, fortunately I didn't hit him and got into first position and stayed like that for the whole race... I didn't have to pit as the conditions didn't change... 👍

I was looking forward to China as I really enjoy that track and I knew that I have the pace against the "Legendary" AI... In Malaysia I received the "Fast" Engine Mapping which helped an awful lot so my Merc had similar pace to Red Bull's...

In the qualy I had second position right next to Webber... I was the quickest in the first sector and third however the Red Bull's were fastest in second...

In the race I quickly got past Webber and got a 5 seconds lead... On lap 4 I pitted and got on the prime tyres... I got behind Glock and in the first sector that is something terrible... he was so slow and I couldn't overtake him and made some mistakes and had 2 small spins... and lost lot of time... After Webber pitted he came out around 6 seconds in front of me, with 6 laps to spare... I had to catch him quickly...

On expert mode it is especially hard as commit one mistake and you're off... With one lap to spare I caught him... I overtaken him and won the race with one second lead... 👍

Now I'm leading the championship with 22 points and it's Catalunya next... How I hate that track... :yuck: I'm gonna try to limit my losses and get as much points as possible...

Great progress. But if you hate Catalunya...well, wait until you have to race in Monaco. The track itself is great but the "10 fps area of death", also known as the harbour area, sucks.

I started racing with manual sequential gears today and I'm loving it. I was on expert difficulty but had the transmission on automatic. While practicing for a Super GT race on GT5 I decided to use manual gears and set a lap time 3 seconds faster than I had with automatic. So naturally I decided to try out manual on F1 2010 and the first race I had with those gears was Marina Bay. I finished 17th but it was fun lol. Now I'm at Suzuka and I got the pole for the race 👍 on expert difficulty. Anyways glad to see your progress mac 👍

I won at Suzuka by quite a large margin due to the rain and we all know how slow the AI is in the rain in F1 2010. Regardless using manual gears breathes new life into the is game for me now. I can spend season 6 and 7 on expert difficulty trying to get the expert trophy now 👍

Last edited:
Yeah, glad you like manual... I love driving with Manual as I can drive slowly in high gears and I can choose when to change and what gear to use in different corners... 👍

I like Monaco a lot so I should win the race... I don't mind the harbour area as I've learned it quite well... now I'll just learn how much throttle to use on certain corners as in Expert you cannot do: 100% throttle, 100% and right away get on 100% throttle...

However I am quite dissapointed with the sensless spin when you do make a mistake :crazy: you just spin and you cannot countersteer it and "drift"... instead you get on the brakes and the car stops spinning lol

Yeah, glad you like manual... I love driving with Manual as I can drive slowly in high gears and I can choose when to change and what gear to use in different corners... 👍

I like Monaco a lot so I should win the race... I don't mind the harbour area as I've learned it quite well... now I'll just learn how much throttle to use on certain corners as in Expert you cannot do: 100% throttle, 100% and right away get on 100% throttle...

However I am quite dissapointed with the sensless spin when you do make a mistake :crazy: you just spin and you cannot countersteer it and "drift"... instead you get on the brakes and the car stops spinning lol

They better fix this on the new one!

Im still in williams for my second season, the best offer i got was from sauber, even though i finished 6th with 3 wins, however i did lose to my rival(Hamilton) who came 5th. Though in my second season, Williams is alot better then the previous....i just might stay with them, through my whole career.

What the hell, where does it ever say in the game that your interview answers can get you new contracts..... I thought it was just a gimmick. Bad mouthing the team to progress through the game is unrealistic AND I would have never known unless someone told me

I started in Williams and got 2nd in the drivers title. I got an offer from Virgin, Lotus, HRT and Red Bull. So in my 2nd season I am racing for Red Bull. Surprised you did not get a better offer PS3noob.

Back