X1 after Vettel leaving RBR

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 53 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Split from the X1 hate thread.

What do you think will happen to the X series cars project with Vettel leaving Red Bull Racing and Newey reducing involvement with the team? đź’ˇ

(No whining about the car please, keep it in the X1 hate thread)

There probably won't be another X challenge and even if there was I doubt we will get a track just because one of the the drivers is from a certain country.

I think it's fair to say talking about existing x cars and querying what will happen to them in the future are very different subjects in my opinion (though mods may or may not agree).

The way I see it a lot depends on how much of the push for this was from red bull and how much was from the people themselves.

If red bull still like the idea then we may just find vettel replaced with another driver for gt7.

The second thought I had was wondering how long Newey actually spends on these x cars. If he only spends say 2 days a year he may keep with the project. Though honestly I'm not sure I can see where else they can go with the x cars anyway, unless they do something completely different like make the next x car all electric or something.

I doubt it's highest in their minds at the moment so don't hold your breath to find out! Lol

A little quick on the speculation thread? Let's wait for an announcement, if there is one at all.

I don't think Newey is leaving RBR.

He'll stay in RBR for the next few seasons but be less involved in Formula One.

But yeah, I'm getting used to seeing Danny Ricciardo's grin as the new face for RBR. :D

Personally, I think they should do away with the X's completely and go in a different direction. I'd be all for Sebastian Loeb Challenges where you try to beat him up Pikes Peak, and Goodwood as well as any other record he has under his belt. Red Bull practically own Seb Loeb (WRC, GT3, WTCC, Pikes Peak etc all Red Bull cars) so I can't see why they couldn't just go for a new approach and to make something different involving him. It would be better than beating a dead horse with the X's that only about 5% of all GT players enjoy driving outside of the gimmick events.

Saying that though, PD don't really innovate outside of gimmicks so they'd need to make a vacuum powered, electric rally car that was powered by the reflected solar light of the moon and did mach2 on water, or something pointless...

Abit optimistic for this thread to exist, isn't it? Vettel hardly has any involvement in this project aside from PR and his likeness so to make such a huge deal with this project just because of his move (which can easily be substituted with another driver, like Ricciardo) is abit overboard.

Abit optimistic for this thread to exist, isn't it? Vettel hardly has any involvement in this project aside from PR and his likeness so to make such a huge deal with this project just because of his move (which can easily be substituted with another driver, like Ricciardo) is abit overboard.
Hey RACECAR, I run with you in Tokio Quick Match!

I'm not sure if Daniel Ricciardo would take over to the project, but it certainly is possible.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. All that design stuff was Adrian Newey, but if I recall correctly (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Vettel just tested the X1 on a video and did the voiceovers in the game. Thats all he did.

Not that I think Vettel has anything to do with the X1 (he's just the driver), but I'm hoping that the next PD project will be a new FGT car.
Yea I agree. I would much rather see them improve their own car which has been around since GT4 than create a new X1 car from scratch.

I'm not sure if Daniel Ricciardo would take over to the project, but it certainly is possible.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. All that design stuff was Adrian Newey, but if I recall correctly (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Vettel just tested the X1 on a video and did the voiceovers in the game. Thats all he did.

Basically, that's all. GT5 was probably the most involved he was as he was also captured in-game and as you mentioned, just did the testing. I recall there was also either a Red Bull Promo (or was it a Sony Promo?) where he drove it as well (might have been for the Red Bull 5G competition, unsure really).

Red Bull still has Infinity, Infinity is Nissan's 'luxury brand', PD is big with Nissan. I think the X-cars will continue. They dont need Vettel, Red Bull dont need him either.

For GT6, they will do anything, in my opinion.

For 7, there are three possibilities:

- They remove the name "Vettel", leaving just "Red Bull".
- They replace "Vettel" with "Ricciardo"
- They remove to anything having to do with X cars.

Basically, that's all. GT5 was probably the most involved he was as he was also captured in-game and as you mentioned, just did the testing. I recall there was also either a Red Bull Promo (or was it a Sony Promo?) where he drove it as well (might have been for the Red Bull 5G competition, unsure really).
I don't think Vettel drove the Red Bull 5G as that competition was restricted to players in Asia only wasn't it?

I don't think Vettel drove the Red Bull 5G as that competition was restricted to players in Asia only wasn't it?

Yeah, its Asia exclusive. I know I remember him driving the regular one at a event somewhere.

Vettel wouldn't have much influence over the cars. What would probably happen is similar to what happened to the Bridgestone logo being replaced by the Pirelli logo on the X2010 from GT5 to GT6. His name would probably just be replaced by someone else's or removed entirely. I think PD's deal with Red Bull is what will determine if the car will stay in the game or not.

Besides, the car still serves as a marketing tool for PD and Red Bull. The full scale car was exposed at Autosport International this year and it appeared to be updated with headlights and an interior:
11931750924_61c445e72d_z.jpg

I figure those pieces of garbage will be gone. Few people like them and red bull has bigger and better advert outlets. That and not enough people know who Ricciardo is and kvyat is still a toddler who no one outside of f1 is aware of. If it is free for redbull, maybe they'll keep letting GT do it. Newey made a drawing and Vettel had nothing to do with it. It was a PR stunt that Vettel had no choice but to take part in. It is part of his contract that he must do these things.

I'm pretty sure newey drew the first one years ago and GT took it from there. I've never heard otherwise and again, the car is a drawing from someone who understands fluid dynamics. It is nothing special.

Back