X1: not designed to be easy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ukpak
  • 42 comments
  • 3,536 views
Messages
12
Hello all, I havent posted much but I thought I would say hi and say what a great place GTP is. Ive just spent the last week or so with my PS3 and Bob(s) busting their guts out doing Indy to get to level 30. Literally drove the X1 this morning for 10 minutes on the N'ring and Im amazed, what a fantastic car!

I keep seeing posts where people are like, well its too damn hard and the times are so unobtainable its silly....but then I guess we are not all Sebastien Vettel!

How quickly did you get to Level 30 and what method did you use? B-spec or A-spec?

Thanks
 
It's odd because to get Golds (which I have), you have to go faster and catch Vettel's ghost, who also gets a headstart! So we have to be FASTER than the current F1 World Champion???
 
Could be that was done because Vettel may not have had as much practice as we would potentially get....but nevertheless! a tall order!

There seems to be a technique circulating which is power braking with this car, is this the technique you used to get golds? how about others? how do you drive your X1?
 
You do not have to pass Vettel to get gold. I know on Monza I was behind him and got it. And the times really are silly when you consider that it is apparently impossible to get gold if you use a normal controller. If PD designed a game that can't be completed with the standard materials PS3 owners are given to play with they messed up big time.
 
The timing of the T500RS seems to be almost perfect if you've reached such a level to unlock the challenge and have thrown your DS3 at the cat/wife/fridge/LCD.

I wonder if people will improve their times with this wheel compared to those with the DFP,G25,G27. The G25 which I use seems to be very violent with the high powered cars even with the feedback turned down. Makes the X1 even more of a challenge.
 
The G25 which I use seems to be very violent with the high powered cars even with the feedback turned down. Makes the X1 even more of a challenge.

Ain't that the truth. I actually had to put my racing gloves on when going for gold in the X1 at Nurburgring because my hands started to hurt from the wheel.
 
I personally think the Sebastian Loeb challenge would have been harderst challenge if we had to beat his times with no SRF. I don't know if he used it or not but his times are very fast from the example replays I saw and can remember from.

Sebastian Vettel laps were done with TCS and probably no SRF so he is handicapped, and with the settings we are using, he should be able to set a lot faster time with a bit of practice. His lap there is no tyre smoke, most likely due to TCS. This challenge is a lot harder without SRF but I didn't have the time to try and Gold it without it as I have to get back to doing work for University. I have done all the Special Events before it without SRF and may try it again without it when I have more time.
 
I personally think the Sebastian Loeb challenge would have been harderst challenge if we had to beat his times with no SRF. I don't know if he used it or not but his times are very fast from the example replays I saw and can remember from.

Sebastian Vettel laps were done with TCS and probably no SRF so he is handicapped, and with the settings we are using, he should be able to set a lot faster time with a bit of practice. His lap there is no tyre smoke, most likely due to TCS. This challenge is a lot harder without SRF but I didn't have the time to try and Gold it without it as I have to get back to doing work for University. I have done all the Special Events before it without SRF and may try it again without it when I have more time.

I disagree. I tried it with and without assists and found virtually no difference in my times. I got golds in Nurburgring and Monza with no assists except ABS on 1. Just need to work on Suzuka now.
 
You do not have to pass Vettel to get gold. I know on Monza I was behind him and got it. And the times really are silly when you consider that it is apparently impossible to get gold if you use a normal controller. If PD designed a game that can't be completed with the standard materials PS3 owners are given to play with they messed up big time.

I know but you still have to catch him.
 
Still how rewarding is it when you do it you'll be able to say I am faster than the current F1 champion.
 
The X1 is easy to drive if you follow these rules.
1. Trust - If you belive the car can take a corner at 120mph then it will but you do need to find the limits.
2. Tyre saturation - At high speed the car will have f1 sort of grip when turning and then it will suddenly bite and pull you round as you turn the wheel if you expect this you will be faster.
 
1. Trust - If you belive the car can take a corner at 120mph then it will but you do need to find the limits.

VERY VERY important to have 👍
Downforce is equal to the square root of speed which means that your car comes out of the hairpin at Suzuka like a rocket.
 
I disagree. I tried it with and without assists and found virtually no difference in my times. I got golds in Nurburgring and Monza with no assists except ABS on 1. Just need to work on Suzuka now.

I'm pretty sure you can't be as aggressive with the X2010 without SRF. I didn't try much without SRF so that's probably why I thought it was a lot faster with it on. It took about about 5 hours to gold all three. I think it would have taken me longer without it personally, I did have TCS at 0 and ABS 1 like all the other events I did though.
 
I'm pretty sure you can't be as aggressive with the X2010 without SRF. I didn't try much without SRF so that's probably why I thought it was a lot faster with it on. It took about about 5 hours to gold all three. I think it would have taken me longer without it personally, I did have TCS at 0 and ABS 1 like all the other events I did though.

I noticed that it was easier to turn the car in the esses at Suzuka wih SRF on, specifically at Dunlop, but my sector 1 time was no faster with it on.

I'll expirment with the aids more for Suzuka as I'm still 1.9 seconds off gold there. Considering I only tried for an hour though, its not too bad.
 
I noticed that it was easier to turn the car in the esses at Suzuka wih SRF on, specifically at Dunlop, but my sector 1 time was no faster with it on.

I'll expirment with the aids more for Suzuka as I'm still 1.9 seconds off gold there. Considering I only tried for an hour though, its not too bad.

What was your first sector, mine was about 27.9 I think with it on but never tried it without it on that track. It's so easy to mess up even if you got the pace to get Gold, it took me about 2 hours to get Gold which felt like ages. I came close many times, got Silver in about half an hour into it but keeping a good pace for Gold can be frustrating. You learn new techniques to go faster all the time with this car. The only aid worth adding is SRF and obviously keep ABS on at 1. Change brake bias to 10F and 10R if you haven't already. Good luck on it 👍.
 
what was your first sector, mine was about 27.9 i think with it on but never tried it without it on that track. It's so easy to mess up even if you got the pace to get gold, it took me about 2 hours to get gold which felt like ages. I came close many times, got silver in about half an hour into it but keeping a good pace for gold can be frustrating. You learn new techniques to go faster all the time with this car. The only aid worth adding is srf and obviously keep abs on at 1. Change brake bias to 10f and 10r if you haven't already. Good luck on it 👍.

28.4 :(

Yes, I've been doing the 10f and r brake bias. I'll try it again with SRF tomorrow. Doing at 24 hour Bspec race ATM. Thanks for the tips! :)
 
28.4 :(

I'll try it again with assists tomorrow. Doing at 24 hour Bspec race ATM. Thanks for the tips! :)



If you see the onboard half way through the video, it should help you reduce your first sector time.

The X2010 is coming in handy for my Bob as he can do the Suzuka 1000KM very quickly to help me grind up to Level 35 to unlock the 24hr endurance events. My PS3 for this month will most likely be doing B-Spec all the time as I need to become competitive in that Signature Edition competition. I'm way off the pace at the moment, but I'm only Level 32 only at the moment. They should have given more credits for the endurance events as the Dream Car championship gives you so much more in so little time.
 
that is definately doable with the controller if you practised A LOT
 
that is definately doable with the controller if you practised A LOT

I thought this at first (I haven't had a chance to drive the car personally), but I think if it was realistically doable then multiple people would have come forward claiming they've done it, considering how many people must be trying.

As natural as a wheel may be for a driving game, it's still an extra peripheral (and not a cheap one) and shouldn't be necessary for 100% completion.

I think we should look into exactly why the DS3 can't match the wheel, because I think it's about more than just precision... I'm inclined to think the wheel in game doesn't turn as fast as it should with the controller.
 
Simply that the ghost record must not the fastest lap time he can made, maybe
80-90 %.
PD must give some space for PLAYER to beat,just like golding the license.
 
SRF is not an aid, its a magic force that adds grip that does not exist when your tires start to slip. Turn it off.
 
that is definately doable with the controller if you practised A LOT

this car is retarded with a DS controller. But I refuse to pay $300-500+ just to beat a couple lame challenges that give me a car I already have from Bspec.

More useless **** from this game go figure.
 
this car is retarded with a DS controller. But I refuse to pay $300-500+ just to beat a couple lame challenges that give me a car I already have from Bspec.

More useless **** from this game go figure.

I got Golds with a Driving Force Pro.
 
that is definately doable with the controller if you practised A LOT

I've gotten my time on GP/F into the mid 1:05 range. The controller physically can't steer as hard into turns like a wheel can which means you have to take some turns much slower or else you'll fly off the track. I'm still trying with just the controller but my doubts are growing.
 
this car is retarded with a DS controller. But I refuse to pay $75+ just to beat a couple lame challenges that give me a car I already have from Bspec.

More useless **** from this game go figure.

Fixed that for ya.
I haven't unlocked it, but I'm eager to give this a go.
 
VERY VERY important to have 👍
Downforce is equal to the square root of speed which means that your car comes out of the hairpin at Suzuka like a rocket.

Not sure I agree with this in a fan car... Downforce is somewhat independent of speed because of the fan sucking the car down equally at speed or in the corner.

Hmmmmm..... thinks for a minute. Perhaps the Red Bull team didn't QUITE give us the 'ultimate' car with current technology? 2011 F1 is going to introduce driver adjusted passive downforce, why didn't they think of THAT? Maybe a system that reduces the fan power on straights (either from steering wheel position or, while we are leveraging current state of the art technology, GPS position on the track!) to get a bit more speed in the straights.

Or you could just engage the hyperdrive...:dopey:
 
Not sure I agree with this in a fan car... Downforce is somewhat independent of speed because of the fan sucking the car down equally at speed or in the corner.

Hmmmmm..... thinks for a minute. Perhaps the Red Bull team didn't QUITE give us the 'ultimate' car with current technology? 2011 F1 is going to introduce driver adjusted passive downforce, why didn't they think of THAT? Maybe a system that reduces the fan power on straights (either from steering wheel position or, while we are leveraging current state of the art technology, GPS position on the track!) to get a bit more speed in the straights.

Or you could just engage the hyperdrive...:dopey:

The X1 was designed with cornering in mind.
Which is why they used a small V6 instead of a V8.
 
this car is retarded with a DS controller. But I refuse to pay $300-500+ just to beat a couple lame challenges that give me a car I already have from Bspec.

More useless **** from this game go figure.

Exaggerate much? You can get a used DFGT of DFP for $40 - $50. I got my DFGT new for $89.99 at a Best Buy boxing day sale.
 
this car is retarded with a DS controller. But I refuse to pay $300-500+ just to beat a couple lame challenges that give me a car I already have from Bspec.

More useless **** from this game go figure.

1st: A decent wheel doesn't cost that much.

2nd: Yeah right, people only buy a wheel so they can beat a "lame" challenge and not because it's way more fun to drive ANY car with a wheel...
 
The problem with the X1 is its designed to be used with a wheel. I managed golds without too much trouble but my poor friends who don't own a wheel have no chance of getting gold.

As GT5 can detect what your using the times required for Gold should of been less for pad users. The same with the time trials because these should have seperate leaderboards for pad/wheel users.

Many of my friends have now finished with GT5 because of the advantage wheel users have. This has left me in a dilemma because I use the G25.
 
Back