X1: not designed to be easy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ukpak
  • 42 comments
  • 3,536 views
Has anyone golded this with a DS3 pad?

Someone over in the X1 gold thread supposedly did but only after countless hours. Still no easy task, so I wouldn't bother wasting time trying for gold with a DS3.
 
I thought this at first (I haven't had a chance to drive the car personally), but I think if it was realistically doable then multiple people would have come forward claiming they've done it, considering how many people must be trying.

As natural as a wheel may be for a driving game, it's still an extra peripheral (and not a cheap one) and shouldn't be necessary for 100% completion.

I think we should look into exactly why the DS3 can't match the wheel, because I think it's about more than just precision... I'm inclined to think the wheel in game doesn't turn as fast as it should with the controller.

The DS3 can't match the wheel because the left analogue stick is too sensitive, if there was an option to adjust the sensitivity of the analogue sticks and R2 and L2 it would make driving the car a whole lot easier.
 
The DS3 can't match the wheel because the left analogue stick is too sensitive, if there was an option to adjust the sensitivity of the analogue sticks and R2 and L2 it would make driving the car a whole lot easier.

I'm not sure that's the main reason. I know the wheel is much more precise, but I don't think that level of precision is essential to get the right track placement.

I think the problem is the speed at which you can achieve the correct steering angle. I'm one of the few d-pad users, and I know that if I slam the button down the wheel won't instantly switch positions (for obvious reasons), but the game has to turn the wheel in some gradual way, which I don't think will be fast enough for the X1.
 
Hello all, I havent posted much but I thought I would say hi and say what a great place GTP is. Ive just spent the last week or so with my PS3 and Bob(s) busting their guts out doing Indy to get to level 30. Literally drove the X1 this morning for 10 minutes on the N'ring and Im amazed, what a fantastic car!

I keep seeing posts where people are like, well its too damn hard and the times are so unobtainable its silly....but then I guess we are not all Sebastien Vettel!

How quickly did you get to Level 30 and what method did you use? B-spec or A-spec?

Thanks

Hello !

I really like the vettel challenge, i got 2 bronze and I got silver on Monza (0,1 sec away from gold :( )

I was lvl 25 a-spec and 0 b-spec.
Now i'm lvl 33 A-spec and I just hitted lvl 20 b-spec

I didnt like b-spec at all but now that im in the extremee series I find it a lot more interesting. I agree with you, its a very good challenge and i'm happy that I dont gold it all in one shot like 90% of all the challenge in the game.
 
I'm not sure that's the main reason. I know the wheel is much more precise, but I don't think that level of precision is essential to get the right track placement.

I think the problem is the speed at which you can achieve the correct steering angle. I'm one of the few d-pad users, and I know that if I slam the button down the wheel won't instantly switch positions (for obvious reasons), but the game has to turn the wheel in some gradual way, which I don't think will be fast enough for the X1.

theres a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE difference between a 900 degree wheel VS a small tiny stick on a controller.

X2010 challenge is not the only challenge to be much harder with a controller. Nascar is way easier to drive with a wheel since you just turn your wheel a couple degrees and thats it !.
 
I'm not sure that's the main reason. I know the wheel is much more precise, but I don't think that level of precision is essential to get the right track placement.

I think the problem is the speed at which you can achieve the correct steering angle. I'm one of the few d-pad users, and I know that if I slam the button down the wheel won't instantly switch positions (for obvious reasons), but the game has to turn the wheel in some gradual way, which I don't think will be fast enough for the X1.

Wait until you have a chance to drive it and you'll see what I mean, the least little movement of the analogue stick and the car almost lurches to one side sometimes. It's ok if you've got a very very light touch but for most people I'd say it is too sensitive. Obviously with the wheel you can eliminate that fairly easily as it's a lot more precise, with the pad you can't.
 
What was your first sector, mine was about 27.9 I think with it on but never tried it without it on that track. It's so easy to mess up even if you got the pace to get Gold, it took me about 2 hours to get Gold which felt like ages. I came close many times, got Silver in about half an hour into it but keeping a good pace for Gold can be frustrating. You learn new techniques to go faster all the time with this car. The only aid worth adding is SRF and obviously keep ABS on at 1. Change brake bias to 10F and 10R if you haven't already. Good luck on it 👍.

Now im sure where im going wrong with this track. My first sector times with a DS3 are averaging about 28.5. The chicaine and the following 2 corners do me in..
 
Now im sure where im going wrong with this track. My first sector times with a DS3 are averaging about 28.5. The chicaine and the following 2 corners do me in..

That is very impressive with a DS3. I tried it earlier with the controller and found it very hard to go around with much speed. The steering rate is so slow. You can get Gold doing your first sector times but you will need both laps to be fast. If you are struggling on the other corners then it will be hard to get Silver or Bronze though. Respect to all control users trying to get Bronze, Silver or Gold, PD should really change the controls like a custom setting for steering rate or fix it to an increased speed, specifically for the X2010.
 
The DS3 can't match the wheel because the left analogue stick is too sensitive, if there was an option to adjust the sensitivity of the analogue sticks and R2 and L2 it would make driving the car a whole lot easier.

You could try these:
leftspeed.png


Or these to increase the range of movement and thereby giving more finite control:
pressfpssmall.jpg
 
Hello !

I really like the vettel challenge, i got 2 bronze and I got silver on Monza (0,1 sec away from gold :( )

I was lvl 25 a-spec and 0 b-spec.
Now i'm lvl 33 A-spec and I just hitted lvl 20 b-spec

I didnt like b-spec at all but now that im in the extremee series I find it a lot more interesting. I agree with you, its a very good challenge and i'm happy that I dont gold it all in one shot like 90% of all the challenge in the game.

How did you open the challenges if you werent level 30...
 
Saloon bar piano suddenly stop playing......
 
You could try these:
leftspeed.png


Or these to increase the range of movement and thereby giving more finite control:
pressfpssmall.jpg

Something like that may actually be worth a try. I managed to get bronze on Monza after about 45 mins trying, however I'd say that it's by far the easiest of the three tracks and I made it by under a second. Anything just to try and make the analogue stick less sensitive would be a godsend, I'll look into these things. Much appreciated.
 
Back