X1 Xbox One Backward Compatible list. (updated 11/16/15)XBOne 

I can send you one but can't confirm when you might get accepted. PM your Gamertag.
Oh I'm in I don't know how but I got a message about 2 weeks ago inviting me in. Thanks for looking out though!

If it was some mysterious benefactor from here Frizbe thanks you.

Oh I'm in I don't know how but I got a message about 2 weeks ago inviting me in. Thanks for looking out though!

If it was some mysterious benefactor from here Frizbe thanks you.
If you are on my friends list, it might have been from me. I sent an invite to ALL my friends to get into the preview program. It would be nice if it said who the invite was from but oh well. Enjoy. You can start playing BC games today. :cheers:

If you are on my friends list, it might have been from me. I sent an invite to ALL my friends to get into the preview program. It would be nice if it said who the invite was from but oh well. Enjoy. You can start playing BC games today. :cheers:
I know I added you at some point but with Xbox One the new way of adding friends is kind of weird. If you wanted to add me and send an invite that'd be cool.:cheers:

I know I added you at some point but with Xbox One the new way of adding friends is kind of weird. If you wanted to add me and send an invite that'd be cool.:cheers:
Go ahead and send me a message and I can send you a preview invite. Maybe you are a follower or a recommended friend? I don't even keep up with it half the time. Some of the people on my friends list I don't even know. haha

Go ahead and send me a message and I can send you a preview invite. Maybe you are a follower or a recommended friend? I don't even keep up with it half the time. Some of the people on my friends list I don't even know. haha
Alright will do.👍

Well that explains how I got it :lol:

Okay.

Yup. :D Have you checked out any of the BC games? You can also invite your friends to the preview program. Its unlimited invites. Sometimes it takes a day or two before they get the invite.
I really haven't tried it yet. I don't have any on disc, so I'll have to try my digital library. I'm just not sure how to access that. To be honest, I haven't really tried, though.

I really haven't tried it yet. I don't have any on disc, so I'll have to try my digital library. I'm just not sure how to access that. To be honest, I haven't really tried, though.
Check the first post. There are currently 22 games that are currently BC for preview members. If you have already purchased any of those digitally on the 360 then go to your "my games" page on the X1 and scroll ALL the way to the right past the games. There should be a page that says "ready to install". Your previously purchased digital 360 games will already be in there ready to download. :) You can also download them from the xbox.com site here. It will say "download to 360" but you will actually be downloading them to the X1.

If you have the physical disc, you just put it in and it will install to your HD. This goes very fast since most 360 games are fairly small in size. Then you just play it. Very easy.

If you are almost out of space then I would recommend re-visiting this thread for an external HD when you have the extra money.

Last edited:
Check the first post. There are currently 22 games that are currently BC for preview members. If you have already purchased any of those digitally on the 360 then go to your "my games" page on the X1 and scroll ALL the way to the right past the games. There should be a page that says "ready to install". Your previously purchased digital 360 games will already be in there ready to download. :) You can also download them from the xbox.com site here. It will say "download to 360" but you will actually be downloading them to the X1.

If you have the physical disc, you just put it in and it will install to your HD. This goes very fast since most 360 games are fairly small in size. Then you just play it. Very easy.

If you are almost out of space then I would recommend re-visiting this thread for an external HD when you have the extra cash.
Oh sweet. I didn't realize it would be that simple :lol:

Yeah I have 35 gigs left. A HD is next on my list, most likely in 2-4 weeks.

Oh sweet. I didn't realize it would be that simple :lol:

Yeah I have 35 gigs left. A HD is next on my list, most likely in 2-4 weeks.
Yes its crazy how easy it works. It just magically appears in that section. :lol:

Even better, you can still use xbox record that for videos, take pics, and still be in the X1 party chat while playing the 360 BC games. Works incredibly well.

You will love the external Hd. I have moved almost all my games to the exHD. Just in case the X1 dies, I will have everything on the exHD. :)

Last edited:
Yes its crazy how easy it works. It just magically appears in that section. :lol:

Even better, you can still use xbox record that for videos, take pics, and still be in the X1 party chat while playing the 360 BC games. Works incredibly well.

You will love the Hd. I have moved almost all my games to the HD. Just in case the X1 dies, I will have everything on the HD. :)
I have a couple of games right now that will keep me busy(Black Flag and Elder Scrolls mainly) until the time I'll actually need a new HD. Just seeing my stats say 90+% filled makes me cringe though :lol:

Being able to record and screenshot displays absolutely excellent commitment to making BC a really useful feature.

VXR
Being able to record and screenshot displays absolutely excellent commitment to making BC a really useful feature.
I agree plus being in the X1 party chat the entire time while playing the bc 360 games is also a very nice feature.

I am looking forward to the next set of BC games they add. I know Burnout Paradise is coming for sure. Not sure if they will release them in groups or 1 at a time. I would think groups of 10 or 20 especially if they want to hit their deadline of "100 bc games" by the end of the year.

If you are almost out of space then I would recommend re-visiting this thread for an external HD when you have the extra money.

My wishlist so far:

Forza 4, Forza 3, Forza 2, Skyrim, Test Drive Unlimited, Sniper V2, MLB 2K11, Tiger Woods 14, Ashes Cricket 2009, International Cricket 2010.

The next 4 BC games have been revealed. http://www.windowscentral.com/week-xbox-one-news-july-19

1. Geometry Wars 2
2. Mirror's Edge
3. Shadow Complex
4. Worms 2 Armageddon.

Expecting quite a few more after GamesCom in a couple weeks.

Also currently these "Rare" BC games will need to be re-installed after the update for Preview users. http://www.gamepur.com/news/19633-x...ty-forced-reinstall-eight-rare-games-due.html

Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo: Elements of Power
Jetpac Refuelled
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie

I wonder if this means players with Rare Replay will be able to play with players that don't have Rare Replay. Very interesting. 💡

EDIT Found the answer....
http://www.gamesradar.com/rare-replay-installation-comes-cool-50gb/

This is why we need to re-download the Rare bc games. Still makes me wonder if we can play with others that don't have the rare replay game.

Last edited:
Looks like there are 4 more to add to the list now that the entire Gears of War collection is BC. http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/xbox-one-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-comes-with-gears-collection

Expect a lot more BC info this week at Gamescom.

SURPRISE.jpg

Gears of War 1 is now downloaded on the XB1 for preview members. It plays pretty good.
I noticed that last night and downloaded it. Havent played yet but I have been playing BC games for at least a month and yes the BC games do play very well.

I played Rare Replay this morning and absolutely love it. It also has 8 BC games.

Keep an eye out today, I am sure MS has a lot more up its sleeve with BC games that will be announced today.

Last edited:
Bit of a letdown. Thought almost all games were backward compatible... signature ones like TR, GOW, Bioshock, Forza etc.
Just thought I would let you know, it has been confirmed after Gamescom, the ENTIRE GOW series is going to be Backward compatible. In fact GOW1 is right now if you are a preview member. :)

I also updated the first post to show close to 60 total games now. About half are not confirmed but VERY likely.

Also on top of this, we will now receive 4 free X1 games per month because the 2 360 free games per month are now going to be BC. That means 4 free X1 games per month. I posted this in post #50 in case anyone missed it.

Just thought I would let you know, it has been confirmed after Gamescom, the ENTIRE GOW series is going to be Backward compatible. In fact GOW1 is right now if you are a preview member. :)

I also updated the first post to show close to 60 total games now. About half are not confirmed but VERY likely.

Also on top of this, we will now receive 4 free X1 games per month because the 2 360 free games per month are now going to be BC. That means 4 free X1 games per month. I posted this in post #50 in case anyone missed it.

4 free X1 games per month? Wait.. what's the catch here? Sorry, tired and stressed out to scroll up or go into the links.

4 free X1 games per month? Wait.. what's the catch here? Sorry, tired and stressed out to scroll up or go into the links.
Typically we would get 2 xbox one games per month free and 2 360 games per month free.

Now

We get 2 xbox one games per month free, and here is the catch, the 360 games that are released free every month will now ALL be backward compatible. That is essentially 4 FREE xbox one games per month. :)

And yes if you are not viewing the above links you missed a LOT of information this week. Also the entire GOW series will be BC. GOW 1 is BC right now.

Last edited:
Typically we would get 2 xbox one games per month free and 2 360 games per month free.

Now

We get 2 xbox one games per month free, and here is the catch, the 360 games that are released free every month will now ALL be backward compatible. That is essentially 4 FREE xbox one games per month. :)

And yes if you are not viewing the above links you missed a LOT of information this week. Also the entire GOW series will be BC. GOW 1 is BC right now.

This is huge! The X360 games... ain't free unless you've previously owned them, right? *apart from the monthly free ones*

This is huge! The X360 games... ain't free unless you've previously owned them, right? *apart from the monthly free ones*
If you previously owned the disc or the digital copy then yes they are 100% free. In fact if you owned the digital copy, its already on your X1 right now in the "Ready to install" section. ;)

If you have never owned the BC games, then correct, you will have to purchase the games via disc, or digital download. If you digitally download a game it will say "download to 360" but its actually downloading to your X1 in the "ready to install" section.

To my surprise it looks like he release date is officially November 12th for the new dash and BC.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...rm_SOCIAL_Twitter&cid=Platform_SOCIAL_Twitter

Looking forward to the bc games but I do not think this is ready to launch to the public yet. I am in the preview program and this new dash update killed my X1
I'd assume (perhaps incorrectly) that MS are pretty sure that they won't be frying thousands of X1's on the day?

Otherwise its going to cost them big money to replace them all

Back