• 117 comments

The Bman

That's just one of my names.
Premium
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
The_Bman24
Red_Bull_X_Challenge_Junior_Racing_06-1024x576.jpg

Included in the version 1.02 patch for Gran Turismo 6 were two new cars, a Red Bull livery 125cc go-kart and the Red Bull X2014 Junior formula car.

This is an online series using the latter of the two, the 728 PP, Mid-engine rear-wheel drive, 246 horsepower, 550 kg, naturally aspirated formula car. Being much more 'tame' version of the fan-powered X2014, the X2014 Junior is a highly aerodynamic car with a low amount of horsepower, providing excellent racing between competitors of all skill levels. At 200,000 credits a unit, and rewarded for completing the Red Bull X2014 Junior Championship, this formula machine is a bargain regardless of what way you obtain it.

The X2014 Junior Cup Series will visit famous racing circuits around the world for short endurance races (around 100 miles per-race).

Schedule

1. Circuit de la Sarthe (2013) - 12 laps/99.9 miles (Winner: timeee11)

Next Race: March 9th, 2014 (6:00 PM EST)

2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 28 laps/100.8 miles

3. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 23 laps/100.1 miles
4. Nurburgring GP/F - 31 laps/99.2 miles
5. Suzuka Circuit - 28 laps/101.1 miles
6. Fuji Speedway F - 35 laps/99.4 miles
7. Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course) - 34 laps/101.3 miles
8. Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 26 laps/100.4 miles
9. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 45 laps/100.8 miles
10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Oval) - 40 laps/100 miles
11. Brands Hatch Grand Prix - 41 laps/99.6 miles
12. Silverstone Grand Prix - 27 laps/98.8 miles

Races will be held on Sundays at 6:00 PM EST, or Saturdays at 5:00 PM EST. The lobby will open an hour before the race start.

Regulations

Performance Point limit: 728 PP
Horsepower: 246 HP

Tire compound: Racing: Medium
Driving aids: ABS only

Ballast may be added and adjusted freely.

Race Settings

Qualifying: Race Together (20 minutes)
Start Type: Grid Start (Double-file rolling start for Indianapolis)
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal (Fast for Indianapolis)
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 1 time
Require Tire Type Change: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light

Race/Lobby Rules

When the qualifier is started, it will not be restarted for any reason. If you do not enter, leave, or get disconnected, you will not be able to enter the event.

Dirty driving (wrecking other drivers, cutting corners, etc.) will not be tolerated.

Points System

The points each driver earns from a race will be based on a 'position points' system. While 1st place earns bonus points for the win, the rest of the points will be based on 2nd-16th, where 2nd place earns 15, 3rd place 14, and so on.

The driver who qualifies on pole position will earn an extra bonus point.

1st - 18
2nd - 15
3rd - 14
4th - 13
5th - 12
6th - 11
7th - 10
8th - 9
9th - 8
10th - 7
11th - 6
12th - 5
13th - 4
14th - 3
15th - 2
16th - 1

Retirees will only earn half points.

Points Standings

Registration

Please post both your GTPlanet and PSN usernames on the thread and I will add you to the registered drivers list.

1. The Bman/Stormtrooper2178
2. peiratis1976/peiratis1976
3. PICHON617/Pichon617
4. Sander 001/Sander1887
5. 350x/kfo69
6. quade420/qrtintheshade
7. Mxflyer281/Mxflyer281
8. Jochenrindt/JochenRindt
9. L Keniston 13K/L_Keniston_13k
10. jammy21/jam_my21
11. timeee11/timeee11
12. Michelin/GTP_Michelin9960
13. mistersafeway/mistersafeway
14. Akmuq/GTP_akmuq
15. monarchydesign/monarchydesign
16. turnupdaheat/turnupdaheat

Make sure that Stormtrooper2178 is on your friends list over PSN. The room is set at 'Friends Only', so those who are not on my friends list may not join the lobby.​

Last edited:
I did formulate an idea for this, you can use anything from it if you like.

The schedule is good, but I had a few more races in mind.

The race format would be 10 min qualifying, a 30-km sprint race (1/4 points given) and a 120-km championship race with the grid being reverse order of the sprint race. Since all track lengths vary, it would be "give or take", but no more than 3 km difference.

Points system would have been the same as GT6.

Tire regulations: RH for qualifying and sprint race , RM and RS for a "prime" and "option" for the championship race with 1 required stop. Tire wear ad fuel would be set to normal.

Tuning would not be allowed, I had envisioned it being a spec series.

Last edited:
Which day and what time do you have in mind for this series?
Currently I'm thinking of holding the races on Sundays at 6:00 PM. I do understand, however, that it would be inconvenient for those across the pond as there is a 5 to 6 hour difference from the United States to Western Europe. I'll take some suggestions for when the races will be held.

If the time suits and you would like, I can serve as a Safety Car if you plan on using one. If not, I still might consider racing.

This sounds awesome. Would love to join this series. The cars are great and I would be glad to race them with other drivers.

So, will there be a test race before the season?
I will include some test sessions before the season begins, likely starting in early January.

Does January 26th sound like a good date for the season to begin?

I AM IN!

please give more info soon, or i will host one myself, as i love this car

Last edited by a moderator:
please give more info soon, or i will host one myself, as i love this car
I plan to have a test session on January 5th, followed by two more on the 12th and 19th. The 26th will be the first race of the season, with the next eleven races being held on the Sundays after.

Last edited:
I am very interested in running in this series. I'll be away at the rolex 24 for the first race, but I will be able to make the rest.

Is it cool if I join for the first practice session or two? I fell in love with this car last night, just not totally sure I can commit to the season yet... juggling WRS and a family and all that... not enough hours in the week to give as much as I want to GT6.

I'll shoot you a friend request tonight, if that's cool.

Also, are we talking Spec (other than Ballast) or can suspension/transmission be adjusted?

Also, are we talking Spec (other than Ballast) or can suspension/transmission be adjusted?
You may tune all aspects of the car (transmission, suspension, etc.).

Registration is open. Please post both your GTPlanet and PlayStation Network usernames and I will place you on the registration list.

PSN- PICHON617

GTP- PICHON617

COUNTRY- USA/MANATI, PR

CAR #/COLOR- 75/ORGINAL REDBULL COLORS

WHEEL- LOGITECH DFGT

EASTER TIMES ZONE

Can't wait to start lets have fun fellas.

We should make it SPEC RACING no tuning at all. Every car has same set up to win its takes driving skills not how fast your tune is. I will be honest I can't tune for 🤬 also I know little about cars like basic 🤬.

Pump gas change oil & tires

I like this car, what days were you thinking storm? I've already got a full weekend schedule in January-March, the "standard" X2014 might also be a newbie as far as performance/handling is concerned.

Back