X2014 Standard Nürburgring timesOpen 

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 40 comments
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
After recently winning the new Standard X2014, I loved it. It's like a perfect F1 car.

I then had an idea to do a lap at the ring in this car.

My best time was a 4:49.6xx (will post replay later)

Then I began to think.. Maybe, if the community here helped me by taking up the challenge, we could get a bit of a leaderboard going.

The X2014 standard is a great test of driver control, and the ring is a great test of the X2014 standard!

So, I'm going to make a leaderboard. If anybody wants to try and see how well they can do, I'd love it. I think this would be good fun after seeing how competitive the Goodwood 5-3 event was.

RULES:

-Post a hot lap time around the Ring. You may use any conditions/time of day you wish, but track water must be set to 0% and grip loss must be set to real.

-You MUST use the RH tires with which the car comes with. This is to keep the playing field level. Hard tires also require more control which should help separate good drivers from great ones. It also saves people 20,000 credits for more racing tires.

-You may use any aids you wish other than SRF. While everybody has SRF available, it seems to simply reward over-driving the car, which is not the goal of this.

-Grip loss MUST be set to REAL!

-Please do not post dirty laps! I really want a fair leaderboard here and I'm sure that everybody else feels the same way.

I realize that it would be easy to break all of those rules but I hope everybody here is mature enough not to so that this can actually be a bit of fun.

-----LEADERBOARD-----:

1. Vic Reign93 - 4:38.956
2. KinLM - 4:49.6xx
3. cizardev- 4:51.753
4. AugmentedFury - 5:17.443
5. Th3Juggernaut - 5:35.xxx

Note: it took me 45 minutes to achieve my 4:49.6xx time. I'm no alien, I only used ABS=1 with all other aids off. You true aliens should easily be able to bring it below 4:30, so I'm excited to see what some of you are capable of!

Last edited:
Subscribed. Would also like to see what people are capable of. I had enough of the car after getting gold on the championship after ten attempts, so I don't think I'll have the patience to take the car to the ring myself. But maybe when I get my new wheel I'll give it a go.

Subscribed. Would also like to see what people are capable of. I had enough of the car after getting gold on the championship after ten attempts, so I don't think I'll have the patience to take the car to the ring myself. But maybe when I get my new wheel I'll give it a go.
I might give this a shot later today. I'll aim to get into the sub 40's. Wish me luck. 👍

lol well i found out pretty quickly i'm not good enough with the ds3 to go all out with it, had to drop it down to 550hp/879pp so it wouldn't shoot all over the place, pulled a 5:35.xxx. no leaderboard for me but i'm cool with that time haha

lol well i found out pretty quickly i'm not good enough with the ds3 to go all out with it, had to drop it down to 550hp/879pp so it wouldn't shoot all over the place, pulled a 5:35.xxx. no leaderboard for me but i'm cool with that time haha
Ill put it up there for now anyways; you're still in second place!

I reduced the power for arcade race.

image.jpg

Well this was a ball buster of a lap for me. First full lap was a 4.43 and that alone would have been enough for spot number 1, but I promised I go sub 40's and after 30 mins of bed pounding errors, I nailed it. Hopefully the photo doesn't come out in 'Australia' mode (upside down :lol:).

This is super-interesting, definitely watching this. I might post a sub-par DS3 time of my own soon™ to help give a broader range of times ;p

I apologize for the OT, I just did a 6:22 on the 24hr layout with the fan car, stock, and all driving aids disabled. (I brought my GT6 rig to work to show my boss today, 1st attempt) I couldn't believe I lapped it carefully and somewhat safely, without a crash.

(Got the fan car because those last events are 100x easier to win than the standard car one, due to track choices given, and AI)

I'll report back with the Standard car on the Ring only.

I apologize for the OT, I just did a 6:22 on the 24hr layout with the fan car, stock, and all driving aids disabled. (I brought my GT6 rig to work to show my boss today, 1st attempt) I couldn't believe I lapped it carefully and somewhat safely, without a crash.

(Got the fan car because those last events are 100x easier to win than the standard car one, due to track choices given, and AI)

I'll report back with the Standard car on the Ring only.
No apology needed, totally understandable!

Leaderboard will be updated soon.

No apology needed, totally understandable!

Leaderboard will be updated soon.
I should clarify that all the rules were followed when I ran that lap. No SRF,ASM. Hard race tyres and Grip to real. Lap was done with a DS3 as well.

Interesting, I think I'm going to get on just to try this. :)
It was hard as hell breaking into the high 30's for me but nailing that lap was so damn satisfying. All I can say is, Do it Mitchell.:D Show us what you can get out of the Standard. 👍

Last edited:
What are the tire restrictions? Are we using racing softs for this or sticking to hards?

this is different.

Jumping on right now!
Sticking to hard for 3 reasons.

1. Level playing field with a set tire rule.

2. Saves people credits from buying medium and soft tires.

3. The slightly less grippy hards will be more challenging and prove who the best drivers are. Some of the turns take true guts to take flatout at this track with RH tires, as I'm sure anybody who's attempted this will attest.

I should clarify that all the rules were followed when I ran that lap. No SRF,ASM. Hard race tyres and Grip to real. Lap was done with a DS3 as well.

It was hard as hell breaking into the high 30's for me but nailing that lap was so damn satisfying. All I can say is, Do it Mitchell.:D Show us what you can get out of the Standard. 👍
Sticking to hard for 3 reasons.

1. Level playing field with a set tire rule.

2. Saves people credits from buying medium and soft tires.

3. The slightly less grippy hards will be more challenging and prove who the best drivers are. Some of the turns take true guts to take flatout at this track with RH tires, as I'm sure anybody who's attempted this will attest.
I like it, sounds like a plan to me :)

I was hoping you'd say that.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it. I definitely did.

I had time for about 2 laps, left raging hahaha.... I was driving with the thought of "don't mess up I have one shot"
had a great lap going, royally ruined my lap in the last 20 seconds.

I was on pace for some where in the 40's or so, I'll try again tomorrow.

It's Friday however, so I won't be home at all tonight. Have a good one guys, good luck with your times. I'll be back ;)

I had time for about 2 laps, left raging hahaha.... I was driving with the thought of "don't mess up I have one shot"
had a great lap going, royally ruined my lap in the last 20 seconds.

I was on pace for some where in the 40's or so, I'll try again tomorrow.

It's Friday however, so I won't be home at all tonight. Have a good one guys, good luck with your times. I'll be back ;)
Thats how I felt as well. It took me 45 minutes and I only completed 1 lap. I went off or crashed on every other lap, including one headed for the low 4:40's. It's very hard (for me at least) to find that perfect balance between pushing like crazy and not putting it into the wall.

Thats how I felt as well. It took me 45 minutes and I only completed 1 lap. I went off or crashed on every other lap, including one headed for the low 4:40's. It's very hard (for me at least) to find that perfect balance between pushing like crazy and not putting it into the wall.
Its not just you friend, I know there is another second out there for me but will I ever get it? Probably not. But its the reason we keep racing so that one day, we get that (in our minds) perfect lap.

Moved to the Single Races & Time Trials section where it belongs 👍
Thank you! I wasn't 100% sure it was in the right place so I greatly appreciate you moving it to the correct place! 👍

Back