xbox claims better than psx2

You're the one making the statements. Are there technical reasons? Aesthetic reasons? Game reasons? Help me out here.

So basically what we have here is an uniformed opinion. I know the recipe....
Take 1 PS2 owner.
Add a healthy dose of ignorance.
Seperate the facts from the reality.
Shake well until fully agitated.
Serve while hot.
:P

Is this another Macintosh vs. PC debate? There still fighting over it....

Here's a thought, get both! There, discussion closed. :D

I have to say, the Xbox doesn't suck, I just hate that it's a bill gates product and not a sony upgrade to their PS2....

I just hate endorsing the Anti-Christ... I guess, until Xbox has a must have game, it will continue to sit on the shelf at Wal-Mart... Until then, I'll keep playing PC games on my PC instead of on a console.

:cheers:

Originally posted by ViperGTSRconcpet
so basically what are you trying to say?

I'm saying that having all three consoles it is totally clear to me that the Xbox is the best of the bunch in every area. (Although the Gamcube has a good shot, but I need to see some big name titles...)
The PS2 is a good console and will definitely last for a long time (until PS3 hits) but don't expect it to be the cutting edge of technology anymore, it's just not going to happen.
Enjoy what you have and quit taking verbal swipes at what others have, all it does is reveal the little green monster.

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
So basically what we have here is an uniformed opinion. I know the recipe....
Take 1 PS2 owner.
Add a healthy dose of ignorance.
Seperate the facts from the reality.
Shake well until fully agitated.
Serve while hot.
:P

Gee - I was really trying to avoid that sort of stuff.

I am a happy PS2 gamer myself. I hate to say it but...I firmly believe that Xbox is better. The graphics on that damn system totally kick ass. I really dont care about the size of the system. Whatever the size the fact is it is still better than PS2. And who is to say that Xbox games are no good? Ever heard of Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Dead or Alive 3, and that new Rally game? Anyway I am selling my PS2 to my friend for $300 and with it he is getting a memory card and 2 games. Guess what I am doing with the $300? I am buying a Xbox. 😈

Also...if Xbox sucks so bad compared to PS2 then why is it every time I am at Wal*Mart I always see like 15 PS2's sitting there while there are no Xbox's. Dont even say cause they dont have enough cause the day before I always see 15 and then they are gone.

Originally posted by ViperGTSRconcpet
BUT I SAY THE PLAYSTATION2 IS BETTER THAN THE XBOX NO MATTER OF THE MHZ OR WHATEVER EVEN IF IT HAS A BUILT IN HARDDISK.

You're just saying that cuz the PS2 has games like GT3 and the Xbox doesnt. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ruffryder27
can anyone give me the actuall sales figures of the ps2 worldwide for 2002?
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/092/092701p1.html

"PlayStation 2 Shipments Reach 10 Million
Despite all the criticism, it looks as if Sony has met every single one of its shipment promises.

March 23, 2001 - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. announced today that it had achieved cumulative worldwide shipments of 10 million units to support its groundbreaking PlayStation 2 in its first year on the market. In comparison, the PlayStation achieved the 10 million-unit shipment milestone over a three-year period.
Given that PlayStation 2 production is currently tracking twice the pace of PlayStation, the company is looking to nearly double PlayStation 2 shipments during fiscal year 2002, beginning April 1, 2001, with a projected worldwide target of 20 million units.

The shipment figures and the launch date for each territory are as follows:

PlayStation 2 Worldwide Shipments (as of March 23, 2001)

-- Japan (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.) 4.65 million units March 4, 2000 launch
-- North America (Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.) 2.76 million units October 26, 2000 launch
-- Europe/PAL (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited) 2.63 million units November 24, 2000 launch

"We are pleased to announce that five months after the introduction of PlayStation 2 in North America the company is on target to meet the three million unit shipment projection for this market by March 31, the end of our fiscal year," said Kazuo Hirai, president and chief operating officer, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. "Vigorous sales of PlayStation 2 hardware and software further demonstrate the mass market appeal of the PlayStation brand and illustrates the company's ongoing dominance in this highly competitive category."

The company aims to achieve a shipment forecast for the 2002 fiscal year of 20 million units, and the company expects to increase PlayStation 2 monthly production capacity from 1.5 million units in the spring to 2 million units this fall.

There are currently more than 73 PlayStation 2 titles available for the system today, plus more than 1,000 original PlayStation titles that are playable on the system. Sony expects to meet and surpass its three million units shipped goal for North America for the end of this month. "

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. announced today that it had achieved cumulative worldwide shipments of 10 million units to support its groundbreaking PlayStation 2 in its first year on the market. In comparison, the PlayStation achieved the 10 million-unit shipment milestone over a three-year period.

There is only one word for this...Wow. :eek:

hehe.. Yeah thats what i said when i read it last month. :eek: :P

I wonder why the sales are so much higher!? I mean I bought it since the graphics were kick ass and since it is new technology. I am sure back when the PSOne came out people thought the same. Maybe DVD capibility pushed it over the edge.

I think its just because it has a Sony logo on it. :lol: And yeah at the time it was the only console with a DVD buit in. But The biggest thing is that its combatable with all the old PS games.

I think its just because it has a Sony logo on it. :lol: And yeah at the time it was the only console with a DVD buit in. But The biggest thing is that its combatable with all the old PS games.

Yeah that is probably a huge reason as well. It is sort of like having 2 systems. Actually...it is like having 2 systems. :)

Back