Xbox One, FM5 Announced! (UPDATE, See first post!)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 521 comments
Yes, green to red is temperature... wear was in the telemetry. Try using drag tires on a powerful car for a lap in Le mans and they will be gone in half a lap

It does seem odd that the press release claims all the real tracks are laser scanned but they use a fictional street circuit to promote the game initially. I suppose they've always done this though, start out with a new fictional track.
In a way you can't blame them. It does have that PGR vibe to it!

Here's to hoping they re-scanned the Ring 👍

In a way you can't blame them. It does have that PGR vibe to it!

Here's to hoping they re-scanned the Ring
👍

THIS!

It does seem odd that the press release claims all the real tracks are laser scanned but they use a fictional street circuit to promote the game initially. I suppose they've always done this though, start out with a new fictional track.

Well, Forza Motorsport had always fictional tracks. How can you laserscan a fictional track, professor? And the place is not fictional, but other comments already said that before.

Turn 10 really loves to tease. I mean, they managed to just show a handful of cars and one location in a pretty long trailer. :yuck:

THIS!

Well, Forza Motorsport had always fictional tracks. How can you laserscan a fictional track, professor? And the place is not fictional, but other comments already said that before.

Um, thats what I meant. They obviously haven't scanned a fictional track so if they have scanned real world tracks why not show one of them off, was my point. But yeah as I also said they've done this the last two games so nothing really surprising.

Um, thats what I meant. They obviously haven't scanned a fictional track so if they have scanned real world tracks why not show one of them off, was my point. But yeah as I also said they've done this the last two games so nothing really surprising.
I suppose they could have laser scanned the existing roads and then just took creative license with the data. Sorta kinda? 👍👎

I suppose they could have laser scanned the existing roads and then just took creative license with the data. Sorta kinda? 👍👎

Could have, yeah. I'm sure someone local will let us know how true to life the roads are upon release.

GASP! Is Forza 5 going to have a story mode!? :dopey: hmm.
It sounds like they're going to attempt something along those lines:
Unique careers. Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.

The reflecting dash in the windscreen will sure come in handy if we finally get rain and you can watch the drops beading down the glass.

Assetto Corsa will be a mix of GT, Forza and rFactor.
Kunos recently added drag racing mode and they are preparing a career mode. They want a piece of the huge simcade market. You can either have a sim-cade approach or a full blown simulation, (meaning qualifing, flag rules, pit stop strategies, full clutch support, full endurance grids, full damage etc etc)
Oh and lot of modders are coming back just because of Assetto Corsa. If you like racing simulators and you want to show MS a nice middle finger because of their new "EA style" approach, the time is now. I know it's a shame for Forza 5 because I admit it has some genuine potential, but, if I have to choose to buy something that could spy me or require me to be online to play games or a platform that will allow me to play all the other "next gen" sims without the new Microsoft BS, spy kinect, tv tv tv... well, the choice is quite simple.

Thanks. Sounds cool. I'll have to look into it. 👍

They are in deep doo-doo sales wise if a bunch of folks' $600 officially licensed and branded simulation wheel-and-pedal kit suddenly becomes a paperweight when plugged in to the latest and greatest xbrick. Also, speaking strictly cost/hardware, the two new consoles seem to be backwards. Anyone else notice this.
PS Wheel capability "not looking good according to Alan over at Team VVV. :- /

I do not quite understand in English, somebody can write the main ideas of this video, in the form of text? thanks

hmmm.. let me guess in English? lol your English seems pretty decent too me mate 👍

Video with sound

Last edited:
Just in:

There will be Chrome and gold Paint. Also chrome decals and stickers. :)

Dubai mode: Activate!

Actually, I want to create this beast I saw at the Pirelli Challenge at Belle Isle:
dubai_zps664bd6ed.jpg

Video with sound

At the start of every generation theres always that game which immediately sets the bar. This is it. Gorgeous, lovely, inspiring.

I really have nothing good to say about Microsoft and the hoops they want me to jump through in order to get my hands on this.

I quite like the inclusion of windscreen reflections this time around. Wonder if the glare from the sun and the light reflecting off the dash will impede driver visibility for those who use the interior view, since I can see it happening to some degree in that McLaren demo.

Danny O'Dwyer and creative director Dan Greenawalt kick off day 2 of E3 with a in-depth chat about the technical majesty of Forza Motorsport 5.

It's looking great.👍

Update some real smooth footage here.

Last edited:
I see that they finally got rid of that stupid auto-rev for players that use automatic and manual without clutch!

I quite like the inclusion of windscreen reflections this time around. Wonder if the glare from the sun and the light reflecting off the dash will impede driver visibility for those who use the interior view, since I can see it happening to some degree in that McLaren demo.

My jaw drops everytime I see those windscreen reflections :drool::drool: Such a great visual touch, much needed and pleased to see it in there.

It mpede's your vision in real life, but varies from windscreen to windscreen. Point is, if it's there in real life, why not a sim?

Danny O'Dwyer and creative director Dan Greenawalt kick off day 2 of E3 with a in-depth chat about the technical majesty of Forza Motorsport 5.

It's looking great.👍

Update some real smooth footage here.

More than anything else, they should be focusing on fixing issues that have plagued previous forzas, add more options and variety. And generally improve the simulation model and "motorsport" experience, rather than primarily focusing on giving us over the top pretty graphics.

Not bashing it though, but it would be interesting to see what direction FM5 takes. Won't be getting an Xbox One anytime soon, but can't wait for more details!

The windshield reflections are VERY impressive. The most realistic I have seen so far in any racing game. I think Shift 2 tried to experiment with a little of that but cant remember. Been a while since I played Shift 2.

Back