Xbox One, FM5 Announced! (UPDATE, See first post!)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 521 comments
Microsoft have trademarked a feature called Forzavista, which refers to the navigation and operation of virtual vehicles. I'd love it if this meant an extended Autovista where you could drive on open roads using the new engine as a break from racing on circuits. Must be a pretty big feature to trademark it.

I'm on my phone, but it's a story on joystiq if you want to read it.

VXR
Microsoft have trademarked a feature called Forzavista, which refers to the navigation and operation of virtual vehicles. I'd love it if this meant an extended Autovista where you could drive on open roads using the new engine as a break from racing on circuits. Must be a pretty big feature to trademark it.

I'm on my phone, but it's a story on joystiq if you want to read it.

Good catch. That sounds exciting! I enjoyed that open-road feature in Forza Horizon. I hope they expand it into the Forza 5(or next iteration whatever they will call it).

Mclaren Facebook page

Tomorrow, 6pm BST/10am PDT, Xbox is revealing something special.

"We think you might like what they're announcing..."

th

Or PGR 5, any racing game is nice!

I am curious about Forza 5. Am guessing that it will probably require the new Xbox which kinda sucks but if that be the case I hope they at least correct some of the glaring PI issues, remove the manual clutch advantage and fix the ABS as well as give us back the ability to tune our cars in a lobby.

Also very much hope that none of Horizon carries over into it, If it does I would have to think long and hard before I get a copy.

So far I still like Forza2 better than any that followed

If it is Forza 5 and a new PGR is announced, that's a great launch window for racing fans.

VXR
If it is Forza 5 and a new PGR is announced, that's a great launch window for racing fans.

Not for our wallets though :lol:.

I'm pretty excited by the prospect of the next Forza, they just keep getting better and better with every title and I don't expect any less from Forza 5.

^^ Damn straight my fellow Forza fanatic!

I'll be checking out reviews and vids for a good few months initially. It's going to be priced around $500 I believe. And during the first 6 to 10 months the console's strengths and weaknesses will come into the limelight. Not all, but most.

So perhaps, I'll get me one in the near future! Along with a reasonable price drop.

Not for our wallets though :lol:.

I'm pretty excited by the prospect of the next Forza, they just keep getting better and better with every title and I don't expect any less from Forza 5.

Couldn't agree more. Because of Forza 5, I will be getting a Xbox first this upcoming generation instead of a Playstation for once.

What we need is someone to do a Road & Track/The Need for Speed 1 type project with GT/Forza,

That sure does bring back memories! I was just thinking about this game recently and how the narrator's voice suddenly popped into my head. Autovista mode without a voice as famous as Jeremy Clarkson's.

But, none of the other Forzas have the P1. and It was on the One. soo...Plus this year is the release cycle for Forza games. It's been two years since Forza 4. Forza 5 should be out this year.

Felt very CGI-ish and arcadey to me.

I'm not saying I think the actual game is going to be arcadey, just that the trailer was.

that video was very movie like, wonder if it will have the announcers in game play or just added to spice up the video.

Was any gameplay footage shown? If not, I think it's too early to assume it's going to be "arcade".

Are you guys seriously playing the "it's an arcade game" card with just a trailer?

To be honest it looked very PGR-like but that was just an CGI trailer...

Because a trailer really indicates how a game will play. Trailers are nothing but shiny videos with enthusiastic music to get you excited for the game. I figured the "it's an arcade game" card would at least not be played until there was actual game play video. I guess people just can't wait to write the game off can they?

Back