Xbox One, FM5 Announced! (UPDATE, See first post!)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 521 comments
New Forza looked good, but it had that movie effect to it imo. So they say that wasn't cg, so it must be a replay or an in game trailer/tease. Wait till E3, everyone will have something to show. Will be interesting whats to come.

New Forza looked good, but it had that movie effect to it imo. So they say that wasn't cg, so it must be a replay or an in game trailer/tease. Wait till E3, everyone will have something to show. Will be interesting whats to come.

This is true.

They said it's not CG but "in engine" usually means the same thing. Can't wait for E3 and real gameplay.

Calling it arcade just from a short cgi-teaser is so much more mature, right? Great argueing.

Turn 10 showed such cgi-teasers for every title. But lets say something irrelevant directly to talk it down. :)

I may have said it looked arcadey but that doesn't mean its going to be an arcade racer. Turn 10 are known for making cgi-teasers so it's not a surprise. More will be at E3 though. 👍

Forza has always had trailers that done/showed things that can't be done in game like head movements or camera angles etc, the joys of being the Devs eh?

I may have said it looked arcadey but that doesn't mean its going to be an arcade racer. Turn 10 are known for making cgi-teasers so it's not a surprise. More will be at E3 though. 👍

Oh, its kind of exactly the same as the people bashing GT 6, saying its just GT 5.5. Got it. You heavily opposed any downtalk on gt6, telling people to wait, but then post that? hypocritical much. 👍

I still cant get over that video that you posted Philkill, I wish I was at home, as my work does not have speakers on the computers :(

Forza 5 looked good. I do hope they don't have an announcer screaming in my ear the entire race, though. I can understand it for replays, but in race would be extremely annoying.

You don't insert the entire URL, just insert the ID code and you'll be good to go. 👍
Oh come on! I was really hoping it would have been something much more complicated...

Not exactly gameplay and we're used to the old bait and switch, but I thought this close up was interesting. It seems like they're showing a new level of tire wear and debris.
FM5Tires_zpsda03e15c.jpg

Oh, its kind of exactly the same as the people bashing GT 6, saying its just GT 5.5. Got it. You heavily opposed any downtalk on gt6, telling people to wait, but then post that? hypocritical much. 👍

You have to remember, GT can't be criticized until more is known and even then you can't really say anything bad about it, but with Forza it's open season regardless.

Also, glad you've got it working HAL. :lol:

Oh come on! I was really hoping it would have been something much more complicated...

Not exactly gameplay and we're used to the old bait and switch, but I thought this close up was interesting. It seems like they're showing a new level of tire wear and debris.
FM5Tires_zpsda03e15c.jpg

Noticed that as well and is one of the only things i think we can take from the teaser other than it looks stunning

The little things like the exhaust backfire, the drifting at insane speeds to the cut slow-mo give you that cinematic 'movie effect'. It's just a trailer but to me it was overdone in those areas. The wide angle shots with the bridge and fog imo was where the meat is at. If that translates to in-game theres a huge improvement. The details in the car paint were tops as well.

The fact that the headlights were on is another nugget to walk away with. T10 just confirmed on their site that there will be more info at E3.

Wonder what use they'll be making of the cloud?

Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the infinite power of the cloud, no game better delivers the sensation of being behind the wheel. “Forza Motorsport 5” sets a new bar for racing games and will be available exclusively for Xbox One at launch.

The end of the video mentioned the chance to win a drive in a real P1 starting next month. P1 DLC and event for FM4 perhaps?

Forza 5 looked good. I do hope they don't have an announcer screaming in my ear the entire race, though. I can understand it for replays, but in race would be extremely annoying.

Not often I can say I agree with you but I do.

I think there's a bit more to it than that though.
Is it a hint of live races being screened to the masses? Is that possible? Seemed an odd trailer really.

Those new pics on the site look amazing.

Edit:Hope we can have that city as an autovista location since the doors are open.

god damn that trailer is pretty. Not getting an xbox but I seriously think that trailer was made just for me. The greatest car manufacturer in the world and two of it's greatest cars - the legend and the new blood going head to head. **** me. Only thing that could have been better would have been the P1 showing up and whipping them both.

You have to remember, GT can't be criticized until more is known and even then you can't really say anything bad about it, but with Forza it's open season regardless.

Also, glad you've got it working HAL. :lol:

One major difference I noticed between the 2 guys that said it looked arcadey was that they based that opinion off what was shown in the trailer whereas with GT6 it was more so people basing their opinions about the game on what WASNT shown in the trailers.That plays a major part in the whole " wait for more info" thing.I think it looked great, however I see how they thought the trailer ( not the game ) looked arcadey because of the cinematic look T10 was going for, like they have been doing with all the other forzas trailers.
Im quite mad MS didnt talk more about games though or even go more in depth about the specs.Hopefully they touch more on both at e3.

edit
http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/ba/3d/ba3d078c-b77b-40d5-94fa-3a3021fde440.jpg?n=FM5_5.jpg
:drool: Hope in game looks like this.

Day one purchase for me.

Although I can't say this trailer gave away a Forza vibe at all. Everything seems like I am watching new Project Gotham Racing - which is not a bad thing IMO - but still it does not give away the "Forza" spirit.

Worth mentioning is that Prague looks fantastic and new lightning engine (no more IBL "reverse engineered sun" crap, this is proper lighting finally - at least in the trailer and on the screenshots) doe wonders for the urban surroundings.

I can't wait for E3 and first gameplay. This lightning and 60fps will be amazing.

Now the new XBOX just need to be G27 compatible....

X1 will almost certainly continue to use Xinput (XID) protocol and no USB wheel can't communicate with X1 in the same way it couldn't communicate with X360. Sad, but that is the reality. Of course, I would so love to be wrong.

Anyone else excited for the return of city circuits?
And great trailer from phil, much better trailer without the chatter and insane pace.

Like many I am looking forward to both the new Forza and new GT. I really would rather not have to buy new hardware but fully expected it. I am not crazy about the notion that both will be released near the same time as that will split the players more and make it a bit harder to get a race on the one you want to play but 2 racing games are much better than no racing game any day.

The trailer did not do much for me all I can say is that I hope that that voice over was just added to the trailer for effect and will not be in the game as that would drive me up the wall very quickly. I remember playing NFS Pro Street and that that guy commentating on the races. That got old before the first race was over.

Still hoping that put back the option to tune cars while in a lobby, private lobbies at least that alone would make the game much better and seeing that it was in Forza 2 I see no reason why it should not be back. They claimed some reason about corrupted saves being an issue but any programmer worth his salt should have been able to correct that within a few days or at least find a work around for it not to mention that none of my friends ever had an issue with it in Forza 2.

Hopefully they will have done something more about the sun as well. It was better on 4 than on 3 but a bit of an issue in both, if the sun is not going to move then it should be high in the sky and not in your eyes or glaring on the track in the same spot for every single race on a given track. Was really bad in a couple of places on Forza 3 fewer on Forza 4 but still an issue.

Hopefully my existing wheel will work with the new hardware. If not then I may not bother with it.

Back