Xbox One, FM5 Announced! (UPDATE, See first post!)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 521 comments
I think cartoony is a terrible choice of words. If anything it looks like high quality CG animation. Cartoony implies a fake, surreal look which this does not have.

Yeah cartoony is definitely the wrong word. I'd say F5's graphics look a bit "spiced up". A bit more flashy than real life.

...Perhaps a new Forza might show?

Update, 5/21

Microsoft today unveiled the Xbox One, their next generation, "all-in-one entertainment system". At the event, Turn 10 also showed off and announced Forza Motorsport 5.

Edit, 5/15
Just a PSA;
We have a separate thread for FM vs GT. There wasn't any questionable bickering, but I did notice a little debating.

I just want to, at the very least, try and steer this thread towards a Forza- and Xbox-centric discussion.

That is all.
-Thanks.

Edit, 5/21
The next Xbox is set to be revealed at 10am PST (6pm GMT) today.

Game looks great, but the consoles a piece of garbage

You have one already? No way!

Yeah judging by the specs , id feel quite comfortable saying its a piece of crap , it locks a game to the console for god sake's. There is a reason why ms stocks plunged an sony stocks skyrocketed after the reveal ended ,;)

Yeah judging by the specs , id feel quite comfortable saying its a piece of crap , it locks a game to the console for god sake's. There is a reason why ms stocks plunged an sony stocks skyrocketed after the reveal ended ,;)

I don't think it's actually been 100% confirmed that the games are locked to an account.

And the specs don't really seem that much different than the PS4 and when you put them both side by side with the same game, I bet they'll both look great.

I don't think it's actually been 100% confirmed that the games are locked to an account.

And the specs don't really seem that much different than the PS4 and when you put them both side by side with the same game, I bet they'll both look great.

Its 1000% confirmed, MS reported used games are "possible" but my best bet is you will have to pay a fee to transfer it to your gamer tag , that's pathetic .
What if i want to play at my friends house? do i have to pay a fee to transfer it to his console, and then repay teh fee to transfer it back to mine? Is the game not mine?
Ps4 has ten gigs of Ram
One has eight
one is also running two Os's at once , meaning that 8 gigs of ram might really be morel like 7 and a half of available ram for games
First thing you get when searching Ps4 vs xbox one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AupP_ma1Fvw , all facts too..

they are locked to the console and the profile. play the game at a friends house? sign in with your gamertag and can play. When your gamaertag is in the console, anyone can use the game. It's just like games on demand xbl right now.

BTW, ps4 is 8 gigs as well, get your facts straight

You mean to tell me stocks don't regularly rise and fall on an almost daily basis, and are now somehow contingent on secondary, perhaps even tertiary reveals? I had no idea.

I'm not even going to address the other points in your post.

Last edited:
Forza and Halo 4 were an indicator, halo was known for its vast enviroments, 4 confined it more but bumped graphics. T10 have been keeping Forza fresh and nice by utilizing the hardware in ways to maximize what was being seen, and using LOD techniques to hide the shortcommings of the aging hardware. Makes sense to start anew with a new console

There is a reason why ms stocks plunged an sony stocks skyrocketed after the reveal ended ,;)

You know absolutely nothing about the stock market or how it works.

This is why Sony's stock went up: http://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...y-hire-bankers-to-evaluate-loeb-spinoff-plan/

And Microsoft plunged? It went down .23 points or it lost .66% of it's total value.

Its 1000% confirmed, MS reported used games are "possible" but my best bet is you will have to pay a fee to transfer it to your gamer tag , that's pathetic .
What if i want to play at my friends house? do i have to pay a fee to transfer it to his console, and then repay teh fee to transfer it back to mine? Is the game not mine?

It isn't 1,000% confirmed and you're just talking to hear yourself talk apparently.

Here's Major Nelson's response:
http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Major Nelson
We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

Nothing is confirmed at this moment.

Latte, we can't expect less than that... i was excused much before, but this new muscle should cement those as staples for this gen as minimum

I think it is funny how people are saying the game looks great seeing as how the trailer does not even hint at any actual game play. At best it is an altered replay of game play.

I think it's funny how people have concluded FM5 is less than a simulation racing game without an actual hint of gameplay.

I agree, show a simple display of shenanigans to broaden the appeal and it's, all of a sudden, for casuals who like to dreeeeft,shift down initial D

I think it is funny how people are saying the game looks great seeing as how the trailer does not even hint at any actual game play. At best it is an altered replay of game play.

What exactly are we supposed to be talking about than?:confused:

Are you honestly expecting it to look anything other than 'great'

Every forza game has looked good and this wll be the same, the trailer simply shows us what the new hardware can do.

Compare it with the teaser trailer for forza 4 or even GT6 and there is marked difference, especially in the lighting and level of detail.

Altered replay or not the game looks fantastic

You mean to tell me stocks don't regularly rise and fall on an almost daily basis, and are now somehow contingent on secondary, perhaps even tertiary reveals? I had no idea.

I'm not even going to address the other points in your post.

They don't rise 5 - 9 % daily , they move a bit every day, Oh and bout the ram, yes i got it wrong.
Ps4 has 8 gigs
while the one has 8 ( 5 really due to the outdated gddr3 it uses )
oh and it does lock it to one console, to unlock it you have to pay a fee..

Back