Xbox One won't be compatible with 360 accesories

• Thread starter Voxalizer
  • 45 comments
Last edited:
Pretty bold move if they didn't, at worst I would say they'll need a firmware update

I hope so. Looks like I will have to hold off buying the Xbox One and Forza 5 until something is confirmed. If the current Fanatecs can't become compatible with the Xbox One, then I see myself staying with the 360 for a long time. I'll be very disappointed to say the least.

Fanatec wheels aren't 360 Accessories, they just happen to work with the 360
Some of them work with the 360 because they have the correct wireless interface to talk to the 360.

Pretty bold move if they didn't, at worst I would say they'll need a firmware update
I hope so but I am not very optimistic about it. They mention that the new console uses some kind of wifi direct and is different from the 360. A firmware update could change handshaking signals and packet structure but it can not for example turn an AM transceiver into an FM transceiver.

To me it is just dumb that both the XBox 360 and XBox 1 do not allow the use of the USB ports for controllers and allow you to use all the wheels on the market but then they probably charge a fee to the manufacturer to allow them to use their wireless interface in their products making more money for MS and reducing our options.

Just thought I'd share this from the Fanatec thread:

Sadly confirmed :grumpy:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353912/xbox-one-will-not-support-xbox-360-controllers

It all starts to make sense:

-The CSR Elite is not available in the Fanatec stores anywhere
Stock has been cleared
-The CSR Elite Formula wheel gets months of delays
Producing the formula rim for the Elite shouldn't take that long, since is not really a entire new product, but just a redesign of the CSW formula rim. Fanatec is using the production capacity for making a new xbox one wheel. The fact that the formula rim will be the only add rim for the elite also starts to make sense now.
-Forza 5 will be an xbox one launch title
Forza 5 needs a high end wheel at launch

In my opinion there are two possible scenerios:

A: XBOX ONE will allow a USB peripheral connection for the wheel to work
This could mean that the CSW will be compatible and explains why the CSR Elite will/is discontinued
B: Fanatec will be presenting a new XBOX ONE wheel at the E3

Things aren't looking good. This pretty much seals the deal for me; current Fanatec wheels will not be compatible with the Xbox One by themselves. Let's just hope we're not forced to buy new wheels for Forza 5 and Fanatec comes up with an affordable solution for their existing customers.

Last edited:
I don't understand the conclusion on this part
This could mean that the CSW will be compatible and explains why the CSR Elite will/is discontinued
The CSR Elite works fine with a USB connection on the PS2/3 and the PC so that conclusion makes no sense at all.

If you need a new wheel for the "One" that could get expensive. The console itself is probably going to be pretty pricey.

If you need a new wheel for the "One" that could get expensive. The console itself is probably going to be pretty pricey.
Yep and if that is indeed the case then they are going to be loosing some sales for sure. I know several people who have both the PS3 and the 360 and use Fanatec wheels. If FM5 came out on the 360 they would all pre order it. On the new console if it worked with the existing wheels a few would buy the console and the game but probably not right away they would likely just buy GT6 and play that for a while then maybe get the next Xbox and FM5 later but if the Xbox is pricey and the existing wheels are not supported then I know quite a few people who will not be buying FM5.

On the plus side I should have more people to play GT6 with if that be the case

Think about it why would Microsoft allow USB connection to work with past controllers?
The wheels never used USB for X360 so why do some assume it will be possible on X1?

Well, this is certainly interesting. More info is needed. I was strongly considering the new console just for F5. A new wheel and wheel stand in addition to a new console is way more than I can spend. Oh well.

Well, this is certainly interesting. More info is needed. I was strongly considering the new console just for F5. A new wheel and wheel stand in addition to a new console is way more than I can spend. Oh well.
Same here...

At least we will be getting GT6 so that will soften the blow

Well Microsoft just lost a Xbox One launch customer if this is true.👎 I was planning on buying a One and Forza 5 but if my CSR isn't compatible it will not be happening.

Last edited:
^^ That cannot be true right guys? I mean to pay for an online fee doesn't irk me that much, but if what this article says is true that is messed up. The source it comes from also has my eyebrow up, please somebody who has any info let us know what's going on.

I run 2 accounts on my xbox imagion if it forced me to buy 2 copies of the game and 2 copies of all the dlc just so I could switch between 2 profiles.

MS has been making some odd choices over the last 4 years or so. If it is true and they keep making decisions like that then it may not be long before the giant falls.

I think they may not be done with this, does not appear to be very well thought out. In the meantime, LET EM KNOW WHAT YOU THINK . . . SCREAM!!! By the way, anyone got any idea on what this puppy is gonna cost? Might not be cheap! :crazy:

Don't laugh but i'm using the wireless speed wheel for FM4, i'm already burning a candle that they will make a new one WITH the LB and RB buttons on it this time!

What the? How did it not have the LB and RB buttons? Was this the controller sized wheel released with FM4?

What the? How did it not have the LB and RB buttons? Was this the controller sized wheel released with FM4?
Yes indeed, the one in a U shape. Actually it works great as you have the wheel feeling, so you can place your lines a lot smoother than with the controller, and the LT and RT buttons have more travel, so you can also dose gas and brake better. BUT some fool forgot to place the LB and RB buttons on it, meaning i have to use the controller the whole time for the menus and for tuning the car, and then deactivate it, and switch to the wheel for the actual racing...

Couldn't you just plug the wheels in via USB? I mean, the next Xbox has a "Windows core" in its OS architecture, right? :/

Couldn't you just plug the wheels in via USB? I mean, the next Xbox has a "Windows core" in its OS architecture, right? :/

There's two different architectures (is that the right word?) for the FFB for wheels, HID and XID. HID is what PCs and the PS3 use. XID is what the 360 uses, and it doesn't support HID FFB devices.

The assumption is that the Xbone won't either. MS tend to like their proprietary peripherals. We may be proven wrong on this, but that's the thinking at the moment.

Yes indeed, the one in a U shape. Actually it works great as you have the wheel feeling, so you can place your lines a lot smoother than with the controller, and the LT and RT buttons have more travel, so you can also dose gas and brake better. BUT some fool forgot to place the LB and RB buttons on it, meaning i have to use the controller the whole time for the menus and for tuning the car, and then deactivate it, and switch to the wheel for the actual racing...

That's awful, though it does sound familiar now. I use manual with clutch and I think that's why I opted not to get one.

Sadly confirmed :grumpy:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353912/xbox-one-will-not-support-xbox-360-controllers

It all starts to make sense:

-The CSR Elite is not available in the Fanatec stores anywhere
Stock has been cleared
-The CSR Elite Formula wheel gets months of delays
Producing the formula rim for the Elite shouldn't take that long, since is not really a entire new product, but just a redesign of the CSW formula rim. Fanatec is using the production capacity for making a new xbox one wheel. The fact that the formula rim will be the only add rim for the elite also starts to make sense now.
-Forza 5 will be an xbox one launch title
Forza 5 needs a high end wheel at launch

In my opinion there are two possible scenerios:

B: Fanatec will be presenting a new XBOX ONE wheel at the E3

I don't understand the conclusion on this part

The CSR Elite works fine with a USB connection on the PS2/3 and the PC so that conclusion makes no sense at all.

He is suggesting that, of the two potential scenarios he put forth, if the CSW is made compatible with the XBox One by way of the USB port, Fanatec, conceivably, sees no need for the CSR Elite to continue production, since, moving forward, the CSW can cover both Microsoft and Sony camps, while being a more functionally robust and feature set wheel.

Possibly the first official shot of a new wheel.

Looks to be a replacement for the old Microsoft X360 Wheel.
DoE6MTHl.jpg

Dan seems excited.
Mijqqzql.jpg

Update:
This is similar to a Madcatz wheel for the X360.
Notice they are not identical so could this be a new "Xbox One" variant?

Here is the X360 version and has shifter mounted beside wheel with a different base/body.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YBUSMW/?tag=gtplanet-20
GDn5f2Al.jpg

Confirmation of accessories by Madcatz
Here

MadCatz attending E3 @ Booth 4810
Map Here

Last edited:
Back