Xbox One won't be compatible with 360 accesories

• Thread starter Voxalizer
  • 45 comments
Er, it looks exactly like the 360 version using the desk clamp to me. You wouldn't be able to see the shifter from that angle.

Considering that the whole video was covered in older footage, I don't think it odd that they show a shot of an older wheel during it.

The image looks like a current X360 Madcatz wheel with the table clamp. This is giving me a fuzzy good feeling because I hope my Fanatec wheel works. I'm not buying another wheel. As is I have 3 working wheels, 4 if you count the dead MS one, and wifey will NOT be happy.

Well it certainly has not the same base as the current X360 model but yes it could likely be the table clamp. Maybe an owner can confirm this. The more I look at it the more I think it is just the clamp on the current model.

The X360 version was shown shown back at E3 2011 for FM4 so it by no means makes it an official FM5 wheel as Fanatec had the CSR and Elite shown at the exact same time at E3 that year.

The facts are however that we see a MadCatz wheel in the trailer and we have an announcement from MadCatz that they are doing Xbox One accessories/peripherals.

Based on their market presence the liklehood is a new budget wheel is coming from them which may or may not look like the one in the video.

So far they are the only major 3rd party to announce accessories.
Their is nothing I can see to suggest current wheels will work with the system and as yet announcements of new products and the statements of none compatibility surely put the % chances of it happening as slim.

I also would expect new wheel products to support the new rumble features which current ones may not support. So again another possibility that hinders any chance of current wheel compatibility. I could of course be completely wrong?

I guess we will know soon enough.

Last edited:
From the angle you can't see it properly. What you see though is the table clamp. It's the front underside of this:
Clamp-Closeup.jpg

This wheel isn't an official FM wheel, but it was officially licensed for the X360.

There's some hope for people that have a headset for the 360.

nyko-headset-610x664.png

Made specifically for the Xbox One, the Nyko Headset Adaptor plugs directly into the console's HDMI port to let gamers use their analog audio components while still allowing high-definition video to pass through. By going this route, users won't have to worry about using headsets that may not be compatible with Microsoft's new console.

Missed some of what went on yesterday as have arrived in holidays in sunny Spain.

Seen a brief glimpse of the boxed over beta Thrustmaster steering wheel.
Appreciate if anyone can upload more images or info.

I'm not convinced yet with Xbox One anyone else feel the same?
Part of me is thinking it would of been better on X360 but the other half of me understands it is an incentive to go next gen.

I can get flash graphics on the PC already so just what else will FM5 bring to warrant buying the new console and potentially new wheel?

I run 2 accounts on my xbox imagion if it forced me to buy 2 copies of the game and 2 copies of all the dlc just so I could switch between 2 profiles.

MS has been making some odd choices over the last 4 years or so. If it is true and they keep making decisions like that then it may not be long before the giant falls.
4 years or so? M$'s bread and butter is licensing fees. Whether it be for proprietary hardware that doesn't work as well as its standardized counterparts, or Software that is buggy, closed, and necessary (for instance Office/Active X/IE/Visual Studio) sometimes work better than their open-sourced counterparts (mainly copyright and patents limits development of similar software), M$ is all about nickel-and-diming its enterprise customers. This strategy has worked in the past because of lack of competition, but if MS thinks its going to have the advantage, luck, and massive head start they had with the Xbrick 360, they are sorely mistaken. Then again, MS and Sony have no competition to speak of in the console market so they can likely continue to treat their customers like crap for the foreseeable future without repercussions. Team Xecutor and the like will see sales grow if they do though.
Funniest pic evarrrr btw:
Mijqqzql.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^ As soon as I saw you had written MS as "M$" I instantly devalued your opinion and stopped reading.

^^^^ As soon as I saw you had written MS as "M$" I instantly devalued your opinion and stopped reading.

Why? I can write $ony like that too... We are talking about how M$ nickel and dimes users with proprietary c*** that doesn't work very well. Do you not agree? Anyway, both companies would do well to compete with each other instead of being content with 95% of the console market and treating their customers adversarially while slowly bleeding them for their hard earned shillings. Anyway I have bought the right to put the dollar sign wherever I want with both of them after buying 5 Xbox360s and 3 PS3s (including both consoles at launch). If you are wondering only one of each works still and the ol xbox (brick, I have 4 that are actually as much use as bricks or paperweights, or doorstops...) is on its last legs.

Last edited:
My AX720+ might be compatible with the Xbox one.

It uses an optical cable which leads to this.
Tritton-AX720-Dolby-Headphone-Surround-Sound-PC-PS3-X360-Xbox-360-14381092-5.jpeg

That port in the front of for the headset itself.

Y? I can write $ony like that too... We are talking about how M$ nickel and dimes users with proprietary c*** that doesn't work very well. Do you not agree?

No because I don't understand you. What language is that? Jibberish?

I can't make out the words! Writing childish things like "M$" default me to "don't care" mode. I didn't even bother reading your last post and that was just a couple sentences.

Y? I can write $ony like that too... We are talking about how M$ nickel and dimes users with proprietary c*** that doesn't work very well. Do you not agree?

Let me make this simple:

Either post something that's actually legible and contributes to the discussion or don't post at all. It really is that simple.

And it's "Why?" not "Y?", as per the AUP:

• You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

I just did respond in full sentences. I don't know why I bother...
Here's another nugget of genious that the MS PR department didnt bother to consider, did they not realize that the "XBox One" will be abbreviated, "XBone"? Its like they have completely stopped trying...
Let me make this simple:

Either post something that's actually legible and contributes to the discussion or don't post at all. It really is that simple.

And it's "Why?" not "Y?", as per the AUP:
I'm using an IPhone, it is habbit... Sorry. I'd still like to see a rebuttal to some/any assertions I have made. My post has been amended.

Last edited:
Back