Xbox Series X Won't Get Exclusive First-Party Titles for At Least a Year

people buying a PS5 for exclusives there
Actually, only PS5 exclusive thats we know about is Godfall. And its not a platform seller. What we know is that all Sony firstparty studios released/releasing thier games in 2017-2020 and there isnt enough time for great AAA game to make from scratch for 9 generation console. Most likely, there will be new Gran Turismo and new God of War games heavily based on previous instalments and, actually, there isnt any reason of not releasing those on 8 gen consoles(at least on Pro).

My bet is that Sony will drop PS4, but not Pro.

Last edited:
Not going through the PC again, yes I know they're better (at a cost) but also a pain in the ass, haven't got enough time as it is just to have a quick race let alone messing around with drivers & compatibility issues.

My PC experience has not been a PITA. In fact it’s been nothing short of excellent.

Nvidia updates their drivers every month or so, takes 60 seconds to install.
I’m still running Fanatec drivers that came out in 2018 and compatibility?

I’m running a CSL elite with CSR loadcells and a Heusinkveld shifter no drive hub needed.

Windows 10 set up triple 144hz screens for me, Steam setup VR it’s so easy.

It would seem these consoles are trying to close the gap to PC and that’s a good thing, embrace it.

My bet is that Sony will drop PS4, but not Pro.
Probably that's one reason why the new PS4s in the stores were being sold with huge discounts last December. A cousin of mine just got hers for like $200 if I'm not mistaken.

My PC experience has not been a PITA. In fact it’s been nothing short of excellent.

Nvidia updates their drivers every month or so, takes 60 seconds to install.
I’m still running Fanatec drivers that came out in 2018 and compatibility?

I’m running a CSL elite with CSR loadcells and a Heusinkveld shifter no drive hub needed.

Windows 10 set up triple 144hz screens for me, Steam setup VR it’s so easy.

It would seem these consoles are trying to close the gap to PC and that’s a good thing, embrace it.
This was over a 10 year period starting from 1995, I'm sure things are a bit better nowadays.

But either way I like the plug & play side of things, especially with the kids involved.

Probably that's one reason why the new PS4s in the stores were being sold with huge discounts last December. A cousin of mine just got hers for like $200 if I'm not mistaken.
They will stop production of ps4 this spring

In that case, will its price drop to around $150 for the last batch? I'm wondering if Microsoft will also do something similar with the Xbox One.
If I remember correctly, the original Xbox has already dropped out of production. I believe it's only the One S(with and without a disc drive) and up

"It also means that Forza Motorsport 8 will likely be playable on both the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X."

Terrible idea for me, as either it won't make the most of the new console or be downgraded for last gen and even if they take the time to
port it over properly, that's time that could be spent solely on the new console version.

"It also means that Forza Motorsport 8 will likely be playable on both the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X."

Terrible idea for me, as either it won't make the most of the new console or be downgraded for last gen and even if they take the time to
port it over properly, that's time that could be spent solely on the new console version.
It'll have to be downgraded for last gen. Not so sure how that it's a huge issue, and should be expected if they're going to span to console generations.

I have no idea what I'm talking about here, but if we can get a backwards compatible game to work on both consoles by merely inserting the disc into the new-generation console, would the same be possible if it was the other way around? Forza 7 worked just fine with a hefty patch for the One X, would the SX maybe function in the same manner?

Either they'll make a crap part to the Xbox One or make a really crap game on both.

If I remember correctly, the original Xbox has already dropped out of production. I believe it's only the One S(with and without a disc drive) and up
Correct, they have already discontinued it. The original Xbox One to be exact. I seemed to forget that.

With Motorsport they can use 30fps mode for Xbox One. With physics and input working in 60fps its still will be playable, but next gen version will be much better.

There is a bunch of reasons for that decision:
1) nowadays, Motorsport isnt popular enough to sell consoles as release title.
2) Motorsport is an online racer , first of all. Without Xbox one installbase its online will be dead.
3) there isn't alot of things, gameplay wise, that Motorsport couldn't achieve at One

For Horizon 5 they should drop One/One S, imo. Since Horizon 2 its oblivious that Jaguar isnt enough for proper open world racer. Horizon is a much more popular nowadays and could be a reason to buy new console or try xCloud.

It'll have to be downgraded for last gen. Not so sure how that it's a huge issue, and should be expected if they're going to span to console generations.

I have no idea what I'm talking about here, but if we can get a backwards compatible game to work on both consoles by merely inserting the disc into the new-generation console, would the same be possible if it was the other way around? Forza 7 worked just fine with a hefty patch for the One X, would the SX maybe function in the same manner?

Being on the Xbox S, it's not ideal, Project Cars 2 looks terrible and Dirt 2 has slow down. Before that, Forza Horizon 2 got terrible reviews on 360.

Being on the Xbox S, it's not ideal, Project Cars 2 looks terrible and Dirt 2 has slow down. Before that, Forza Horizon 2 got terrible reviews on 360.
If anything the most likely of scenarios is that we might be getting another game that looks similar to how FH4 looks. That’s not exactly a bad thing. Who knows though.

Is it though? Consoles really aren't money makers for a company, but games certainly can be. It makes sense to publish the games on both the One and the SX considering many people probably won't make the jump to the new console at first. Also releasing it on PC opens the door to even more potential customers. It seems like a pretty smart way to go for MS in a market that will probably be much different this time around than it is with the current version.

I think it is.
Consoles are basically PC's... except you are locked into one digital store and a set of hardware. Most people only buy a single console and if Sony can give people a reason to get locked in, they have the upper hand.
Digital sales of games are THE money maker and MS has to compete with Valve on the PC where as Sony has no competition on it's PlayStation. Not only that though, Sony can also then release games on PC too...

So, if Sony can give people a reason to get locked in, they 100% have the upper hand. All MS is doing is meaning instead of competing with Sony, it's now also competing with Valve.

Personally, I'm pretty excited to get into the Halo series when it comes to Steam

If anything the most likely of scenarios is that we might be getting another game that looks similar to how FH4 looks. That’s not exactly a bad thing. Who knows though.

We'll still have poor car sounds though. I just think they've pushed the current console as far they can with FM7. And they really need a fresh start to win back many of the fans. I was excited about the next game on the new console, now I'm thinking I might as well wait it out.

We'll still have poor car sounds though. I just think they've pushed the current console as far they can with FM7. And they really need a fresh start to win back many of the fans. I was excited about the next game on the new console, now I'm thinking I might as well wait it out.
I don’t see how that means we’ll have poor car sounds. I’m definitely going to be waiting it out this time around. I’m not so willing to jump in first day anymore as the series is getting stale for me regardless. I’m not sure what to think about this news tbh, like you mentioned, I’m hoping that it doesn’t negatively affect development of games for next gen consoles. Hopefully it’s something that they’re putting extra effort into it not happening.

True, Sony gets a head start on selling consoles. However, the potential install base for MS will always be higher due to the vast majority of PC's running Windows.

Just thinking about the developers... would this mean that Xbox Series X developers have to optimise/get their games running on Xbox One's, Xbox One X's and PC's?? Seems like a pretty big ask

So if Sony can leverage some first year exclusives into PS5 sales, more developers will look kindly on the PlayStation ecosystem while MS lags behind.
If exclusive would be that important Wii U would have been a success.

Forza Horizon 2 had an 360 version. It was great game and more well received than FM5 an X1 exclusive. Looked better, too.

Look, i would have liked to see XsX exclusives from the start. But there are different ways of dealing with cross gen games like FH2 or battlefield 3 showed. It's not the end of the world and only a year.

Last edited:
If exclusive would be that important Wii U would have been a success.
The Wii U was mostly killed by its name and its branding that made it seem like it was an add-on for the Wii (for some stupid reason they didn't go for Wii 2 to cash in on the popular Wii brand).
Forza Horizon 2 had an 360 version. It was great game and more well received than FM5 an X1 exclusive. Looked better, too.
YES! Somebody else likes the 360 version of FH2!

YES! Somebody else likes the 360 version of FH2!
He never said the FH2 360 version was better than the FH2 Xbox One version like you keep trying to claim, because it isn't. He said it was better received than FM5.

He never said the FH2 360 version was better than the FH2 Xbox One version like you keep trying to claim, because it isn't. He said it was better received than FM5.
Exactly. I meant the Xbox One Version and i don't think it was hold back by the 360 version, which was developed separately.

This probably means that Forza Motorsport 8 won't use as much potential from the new console as it could. :guilty:
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session...pu-using-a-procedural-dependency-graph/869182

Don't worry. Looks like Ray Tracing is happening...

to the vast majority of PC's running Windows. And I'm guessing there will be very few PS5 exclusives since even Sony is presumably looking to bring its games to the PC in the near future with the most notable being MLB The Show.
horizon is rumoured to be coming to pc.

Last edited:
i can hear the Sony fans now. “Brand new console and still no exclusives.”
Well, if backwards compatibility is truly recognized in the console, they can play the older exclusives from the past generations in the meantime if they like.

Well, if backwards compatibility is truly recognized in the console, they can play the older exclusives from the past generations in the meantime if they like.
Who’s paying £500 to play 5-10yr old games they already own?

Who’s paying £500 to play 5-10yr old games they already own?
Don't ask me. Ask that big question yourself and find out. :lol:

By the way, I already indicated there only "if they like", therefore at least they have a choice what games to play while the new console doesn't have many latest titles yet but it seems you have overlooked it somehow plus it was mainly for those who haven't owned a PS4 yet anyway. :rolleyes:

Don't ask me. Ask that big question yourself and find out. :lol:

By the way, I already indicated there only "if they like", therefore at least they have a choice what games to play while the new console doesn't have many latest titles yet but it seems you have overlooked it somehow plus it was mainly for those who haven't owned a PS4 yet anyway. :rolleyes:

I mean, it was sort of rhetorical, because no one would... hell backwards compatibility was largely dropped because it wasn't something consumers actually used and was expensive to develop/support.
There are many articles about games STILL not really engaging with it (the head of Sony in 2017 also stated that it's not a widely used feature). It's a selling point and it creates good optics.
MS has only been pushing it so hard because it has nothing else and the Xbone has been an example of how to totally **** up a console launch/cycle.

With over 100m PS4's sold, how many are there who haven't got a PS4 but want one and are willing to pay £500~ for a PS5? Zero.

So the fact that MS has no exclusives at launch is a problem for them because: why would you buy this system when I can play these games on my existing Xbox or PlayStation? If all the Xbox can do is play games nicer, do I really need to spend £500 on that? And there are no good answers to those questions.

Back