XBOX Wheel

Greece
Thessaloniki
anastasis14, GTP_Anastasis14
Is there any chance i can connect my ooold XBOX Logitech Wheel(2002-03)(can't remember model, will tell you later this day) to my PS3 for GT5????

I have a Logitech Formula Force GP (the first official pc wheel with force feedback) and it connects fine to my PS3.
Of course it's not officially supported so I reckon it will use the DFGT profile automatically. Haven't used it since I bought the G25 and that's already replaced again. It worked fine in Shift 1 at the time at least.

Besides the original Xbox had connectors that looked different but were just USB ones using the HID protocol. So it should be ok. No guarantee though.

Last edited:
If its the official xbox one then it probably won't, why don't you try it though?, but I don't know if it will break anything if you do try.

I just looked into that wheel a bit and it comes with a Xbox type connector right? That means you have to either get an adapter if it exists or replace the existing connector with a normal USB one. Then I also read windows doesn't normally pick it up and you need XBCD drivers or something to make it work. Which makes me seriously wonder if it would be recognized by the PS3 at all.

Maybe an idea to just get a new wheel? Fanatec has a nice offer just today for 100 dollars for the Carrera wheel which I read on Thomas his blog.

I just looked into that wheel a bit and it comes with a Xbox type connector right? That means you have to either get an adapter if it exists or replace the existing connector with a normal USB one. Then I also read windows doesn't normally pick it up and you need XBCD drivers or something to make it work. Which makes me seriously wonder if it would be recognized by the PS3 at all.

Maybe an idea to just get a new wheel? Fanatec has a nice offer just today for 100 dollars for the Carrera wheel which I read on Thomas his blog.

I thought Fanatec products all costed more than 200 Euros :embarrassed:
100 Euros is wonderfull for a Clutch & H-Shifter wheel :)
I was planning to buy DFGT for 130E in February but you put me into extra thoughts :crazy:

Anyways, on-topic, my XBOX collects dust, some problems when entering all the discs i have. I owned FM2 but now can't play it. I think i'll risk taking the XBOX connector from the wheel to make it USB

I thought Fanatec products all costed more than 200 Euros :embarrassed:
100 Euros is wonderfull for a Clutch & H-Shifter wheel :)
I was planning to buy DFGT for 130E in February but you put me into extra thoughts :crazy:

Anyways, on-topic, my XBOX collects dust, some problems when entering all the discs i have. I owned FM2 but now can't play it. I think i'll risk taking the XBOX connector from the wheel to make it USB

The deal was only temporary though. http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/7302

Depending on the drive used in your xbox you can still repair it by installing a new lens into it. Plus other options... http://www.xboxscene.com/xbox-tutorials.php?p=191|192|#192

Back