XCM F-1 Converter V.2!!!

• Thread starter 20B_4ME
  • 41 comments
Clutch-Support:
The clutch-pedal is treated as a second break-pedal. You could redefine your clutch-pedal as a clutch in principle, but you would end up with 2 clutch-pedals and no break-pedal…not a very satisfying solution. So forget about clutch-pedal support. But clutch can at least be used on a wheel button – which of course means you can only have a binary clutch (engaged/not engaged).

Wow, what a bummer! Are you implying that brake and clutch pedals can only map to the same xbox 360 controller button? Thanks for pointing it out, but imo that destroys the advantage of having the h shifter working in version2.

Again, thanks for this thorough review Grantourist!

In GT5, i drive most of the time in full manual (clutch + H-shifter). But when i'm racing online in ranked events or just in very competitive rooms, i use mostly the paddle shifters. So, i guess it won't be too much of a nuisance to play FM4 without a clutch.

So now, there's the question of where to buy it... So far I've only found it on ebay and www.play-asia.com

Are you implying that brake and clutch pedals can only map to the same xbox 360 controller button?
Exactly. Both are mapped to "LT" on controller.:banghead:

Again, thanks for this thorough review Grantourist![/url]
You're welcome.

In GT5, i drive most of the time in full manual (clutch + H-shifter). But when i'm racing online in ranked events or just in very competitive rooms, i use mostly the paddle shifters. So, i guess it won't be too much of a nuisance to play FM4 without a clutch.[/url]
I finally managed to get the H-shifter to work. It's quite circumstantial because you initially have to set the gear on the XCM-device...stupid method, but now it works.
I'm using the left front buttons on the G27 (they are all treated as one button) as clutch. Works quite good. I like Forza for it's accurate simulation of shifting with clutch. The dropping of revs and shaky catching up again when you shift slowly and apply clutch longer results in a very authentic engine noise, especially on the Porsches and the Italian 12-cylinders. Love it. Spent some time just cruising around and listen to the engine while shifting...:sly:

So now, there's the question of where to buy it... So far I've only found it on ebay and www.play-asia.com
I fetched mine at Divineo China, because they were the only ones who had in on stock at the time I ordered it.
http://mag.divineo.cn/magento/uni-f2.html

Well after much thought and research, I've decided to buy a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia wheel instead of buying the XCM converter and using it with my Fanatec GT3 RS v2 since that would've only given me phantom FFB anyway and the Thrustmaster wheel was cheaper than buying the XCM, although it doesn't have any FFB at all...

Hi there,

I have tried to do some research on the F1 v2 but it is hard to find reviews, except for the one above by GranTourist. Now my question is if some of you who have this converter could aslo do a review. The more impressions, the better! The most import thing is, does the gear shifter really works on Forza 3, 4 and Horizon? I read that the clutch pedal works as a second brake, so you have to map the clutch to a button, which isn't such a big deal for me. And does Forza do custom button config or not?
I hope you guys could help me out ;)

Thanks!

Hi there,

I have tried to do some research on the F1 v2 but it is hard to find reviews, except for the one above by GranTourist. Now my question is if some of you who have this converter could aslo do a review. The more impressions, the better! The most import thing is, does the gear shifter really works on Forza 3, 4 and Horizon? I read that the clutch pedal works as a second brake, so you have to map the clutch to a button, which isn't such a big deal for me. And does Forza do custom button config or not?
I hope you guys could help me out ;)

Thanks!

Well here you go. i did a video review with the XCM F1 V2 on Forza Horizon ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j36Vxk_aprs

Thanks for the review, and great work!
I am still thinking about it though.

i may have to make a new Review or a part 2. since i figure out here the other day that i had turn off the vibration in the Xbox settings so it was turned off in any game i played :S

anyways i figure out how to setup the FFB and the Sensitivity
sadly after turning on the vibration. man i felt like i was stock on stupid

Hi everybody! I Buy a XCM F1 Converter v2 but it doesn't work with my Logitech Driving Force GT. Could anyone explain me if the device is not supported with my wheel or is simply broken this one and i must change it? Please help me,i'm going crazy continuing to try and try...

I just bought a xcm f1 ver.1, does it support 900 degrees of rotation?
Because my g25 only goes untill 200 degrees.
And if so, how do I adjust the wheel to be set to 900? Can it also be that the latest update from microsoft was meant to disable the full rotation of the wheel?
Thanks in advance.

Back