Xcm f1 converter

• Thread starter LANDO
  • 20 comments
Landokarl
I have a Driving force GT, and I am thinking about getting a X360.

My question is, has anybody try this converter with this wheel? It works fine?

I've been thinking about getting one of those but hearing that it's not true
Force Feedback kinda makes me a bit cautious on spending $80 dollars on this.I want to try out Forza 4,but since i've been using my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel(for PS3) i don't think i could go back to using the pad.

It would be nice,in the near future,for Microsoft to start supporting the Logitech Wheels.It makes sense when you think about it.

I think that you should wait until FM4 comes out,after all they might introduce Logitech support,but that is not sure until release.

I think that you should wait until FM4 comes out,after all they might introduce Logitech support,but that is not sure until release.

You know that would be a good thing.Especially for Turn 10.For those who don't have a 360 would consider getting one and getting the game if this could happen.There could be big money for both Microsoft and Turn 10 if they did this.

Yeah I think $80 would be better spent towards um, well 360 has no FFB wheels beyond Fanatec. Hoping E3 expo someone announces a new ffb wheel for xbox 360. Mad Catz I'm hoping will get motivated and hopefully announce a real ffb wheel that I can buy at a store instead of churning out non-ffb wheels to make a quick dolla.

I noticed Mad Catz is on E3 2011 Exhibitor list. Hoping they decide to pull a Thrustmaster and shock the world with a great product

And yeah would be even more awesome if someone could make a conversion device that truly makes the Logitech/t500rs wheels show up as a real 360 wheel so it can get true FFB

It's not looking so good for Forza 4 for me. Cant use my t500rs with it. Dont want to use a pad. I have Kinect but not thrilled about using my hands to imagine I am using a wheel either

You know that would be a good thing.Especially for Turn 10.For those who don't have a 360 would consider getting one and getting the game if this could happen.There could be big money for both Microsoft and Turn 10 if they did this.

The xbox fundamentally cannot run current logitech wheels because how it transfers Force Feedback data. The xbox force feedback is processed by the controller while the ps3/pc force feedback is processed by the system.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone at this coming E3 in June would announce making a device that converts the xbox's XID tech into HID (what logitech, etc uses).

so what I am saying, it would be cool if someone made a true forcefeedback device that enables one to hookup ps3 wheels into an xbox. They'd make a lot of money.

But perhaps that's not possible I am not familiar with console steering wheel technology. Just thinking out loud

I was hoping someone at this coming E3 in June would announce making a device that converts the xbox's XID tech into HID (what logitech, etc uses).

so what I am saying, it would be cool if someone made a true forcefeedback device that enables one to hookup ps3 wheels into an xbox. They'd make a lot of money.

But perhaps that's not possible I am not familiar with console steering wheel technology. Just thinking out loud
Anything's possible, whether it's plausible and lucrative enough is the question.

The only thing stopping me getting an Xbox360 is my DFGT. If I could just plug it in and it worked I'd buy one. I think a lot of DFGT users would do the same. Not to give up on GT5 but to add other race games to play like Forza. That would make Microsoft money in console and game sales. Money they are losing out on because of the XID/HID issue and their wish to make money on third party controllers that it gives. Their loss not mine.

The only thing stopping me getting an Xbox360 is my DFGT. If I could just plug it in and it worked I'd buy one. I think a lot of DFGT users would do the same. Not to give up on GT5 but to add other race games to play like Forza. That would make Microsoft money in console and game sales. Money they are losing out on because of the XID/HID issue and their wish to make money on third party controllers that it gives. Their loss not mine.

Believe me when I say they researched the hell out of it and the numbers came out that doing what they did would yield the best results.
The only thing Microsoft loves more than money is more money.

The only thing Microsoft loves more than money is more money.

It bugs the crap out of me how people like to paint Microsoft as being some money-hungry giant, like a Hungry Hungry Hippo that lumbers around inhaling bags of money wherever it can get them. "Moneysoft". "Micro$oft." Yes, it's true, Microsoft does love money.

The problem with this mentality is that $ony is the exact same way. Sony is all about the Benjamins just as much as Micro$oft. Nintendo (couldn't work a dollar sign in there) loves money, too. All companies do, and all companies are about the money. That's how businesses work.

So, the only thing Sony loves more than money is more money. The only thing Nintendo loves more than money is more money. The only thing Apple loves more than money is more money. The only thing Ford loves more than money is more money. The only thing GM loves more than money is more money. The only thing General Mills loves more than money is more money. You see the pattern here.

The problem with this mentality is that $ony is the exact same way. Sony is all about the Benjamins just as much as Micro$oft. Nintendo (couldn't work a dollar sign in there) loves money, too. All companies do, and all companies are about the money. That's how businesses work.

Nint€ndo

Now that would be great.I would definitely buy one of these if it was made.

It's a shame that my 360 just gathers dust in my ottoman when i could using my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel to play Forza and Race Pro.

It bugs the crap out of me how people like to paint Microsoft as being some money-hungry giant, like a Hungry Hungry Hippo that lumbers around inhaling bags of money wherever it can get them. "Moneysoft". "Micro$oft." Yes, it's true, Microsoft does love money.

So, the only thing Sony loves more than money is more money. The only thing Nintendo loves more than money is more money. The only thing Apple loves more than money is more money. The only thing Ford loves more than money is more money. The only thing GM loves more than money is more money. The only thing General Mills loves more than money is more money. You see the pattern here.

It bugs when people start ranting without knowledge of what they speak. I work in the computer field and have been for years. I KNOW Microsoft's practices and other companies. All companies want money but Microsoft LOVES money and there's a difference. One company I worked for was Sun Microsystems. This company was truly about the people first.

Is that company still running?

That's the only company I know that puts people above profit.

Is that company still running?

That's the only company I know that puts people above profit.

Hold on here. We all know companies need to see profit and work for it. Let's not get silly. It's where certain companies are "profit at all cost" and some are profit but let's do right by the customer. If people here honestly haven't experienced the difference then that's kinda sad that they went through life like that. Must be pretty jaded people walking around.

This!

I would certainly consider it.

You are correct, Its not possible. I remember either reading or seeing a review with Thomas from fanatec somewhere. He was saying that the x360 will NOT output the XID data unless the Hardware ID chip tells the xbox it is an approved XID device. Thomas was also saying that microsoft are so protective of this that nobody has the contract to manufacture these chips for the fanatec wheels, Microsoft sends fanatec the chips to use in the wheels.
Talk about over protective. But either way, Its definately extremely bad news for any kind of true converter device.

Only a small note: Xbox 360 Logitech Wheels DO HAVE Force Feedback - it is only named different

Guess that's because Logitech simply doesn't want to pay the license fees to Microsoft

Latest Posts

Back