XCOM: Enemy Unknown - New DLC announced

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 66 comments
Tried to get the "all girls" trophy so I had to throw in a few newbies in there. "Should be alright, maybe a casualty or two" I thought.

None returned from that mission.

The girls perform just as well as their beefier counterparts in the field, it's just a matter of having enough with some experience. It seems like male soldiers are much more common.

It should be easiest to do with rookies in one of the early missions. I got lucky and got the trophy with a random all-girl squad on the very first mission on one of my many failed classic ironman runs.

The all-girl issue I've run into is finding a full compliment of skills. Heck, it took me forever just to have two snipers on one play, and the lesser experienced one kept getting injured. Until I had upgraded healing time to be cut in half he never had a chance to really get experience. It's an issue because I have some strategies built around having a sniper, whether it be using him as a precision killer or having him be a spotter so the other guys can safely take positions.

I know, I know, the girls are not worse soldiers, they just don't become heavies as it seems. The mission was terrible in many ways: I had a few noobs, and only cars medium cover that tend to blow up, and angled wrong from where the attackers came and I was very unlucky in some important shots and they hit theirs and so on. It all compounded and subsequently went to hell. I have a female assault nicknamed "Tombstone" with 60+ kills that I'm thinking I will let her rest now because she has pulled some unbelievable stunts on her own (of the type if-you-don't-hit-with-double-max-damage-right-now-we're-dead-and-even-if-you-do-the-two-of-you-left-might-not-make-it-anyway) that deserves the medal of honor. So she sure has earned her freedom if you know what I mean.

Anyway yesterday I pulled three simultaneous reaction shots that all hit a berserker and killed him instantly when he came in sight LOL. That's how you do it! :D

Heck, it took me forever just to have two snipers on one play.
I try to bring one at least one newb/level 1 character for every mission so that I over time can get a stock of soldiers with at least some experience. Except for obvious story main missions, for them I gather all the hardened vets I have. I play on normal difficulty though so I know that's more forgiving than the higher difficulties.

Last edited:
Back