Xenns Cheat Device Codes (Includes demo codes!)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 991 comments
FFFF is basically multiplying your car's horsepower by 65.535, so it's going to pack quite a punch :P

Yes it does! :cool: Just tried it with my Escudo. It has so many HP, that it goes backwards! :lol::eek: Changed the tranny to the widest possible and it went to about 600 MPH, until it took off backwards style!

Yes it does! :cool: Just tried it with my Escudo. It has so many HP, that it goes backwards! :lol::eek: Changed the tranny to the widest possible and it went to about 600 MPH, until it took off backwards style!

I never really understood why the cars fly backwards, haha.

I'm guessing the speed works like a swing, once you reach the 180 degrees it comes back 180 degrees because notice how it doesn't go faster than 654 or 655mph when going in reverse but turns around and goes forward again lol

Following codes will be added to the Bonus Playstation Disc/Playstation Underground Jampack Winter '99 codes section

Track Loader
D0097E50 0015
80097E50 00XX

00: L_circle30
01: L_circle80
02: L_dart_test2
03: L_dirt_test1
04: L_dirt_test2
05: L_dirt_test3
06: Grindelwald
07: SPECIAL STAGE R5
08: indi
09: Laguna Seca
0A: Test Course
0B: autumnring_mini
0C: montecarlo
0D: Trial Mountain
0E: Trial Mountain
0F: parma2 (Apricot Hill)
10: no name dirt 2 (Smokey Mountain South)
11: no name dirt 3 (Green Forest Roadway)
12: no name dirt (Smokey Mountain North)
13: Parmanent (Midfield Raceway)
14: Pikes peak hill climb
15: Roma
16: roma_night
17: roma_short
18: Seattle short
19: Seattle
1A: grand_valley_east
1B: Super speedway
1C: sprint2 (Red Rock Valley)
1D: Tour de tahiti (Safari crouse)
1E: Tour de tahiti (Beach side)
1F: tahiti_test6
20: tahiti_test7 (Tahiti Maze)
21: tahiti_test_short
22: L_test1
23: L_test2
24: L_test20a
25: Deep Forest
26: L_test_j
27: L_test_j1
28: L_test_l1
29: L_test_l2
2A: L_test_s
2B: L_test_s1
2C: L_test_ul1
2D: L_test_w1
2E: L_test_w2

Height Modifier
8009261C XXXX
8009261E XXXX

Cars on Track
301D194B 000X

Xenn, I think I found something interesting on my disc.

I put the Trackloader code on (My version = NTSC 1.2, working like a charm), and put 0029 as the value for the track to be loaded. I ended up in Laguna Seca, but it was a different Laguna: The road was all glitchy and disappearing! (I don't fall through the ground though, but the road becomes transparent in some points). If I put the value to 27, I get the same Glitchy Laguna, but only the Corkscrew Test section (that one with the Viper). My guess is that since Laguna Seca Reverse (value: 2B) had a different texture for the road than the real Laguna, that texture was going to be used for the normal Laguna in the final game (there's no glitchy Laguna Seca Reverse), but it didn't go very well, and that was the result.

What do YOU have to say about that?

Xenn, I think I found something interesting on my disc.

I put the Trackloader code on (My version = NTSC 1.2, working like a charm), and put 0029 as the value for the track to be loaded. I ended up in Laguna Seca, but it was a different Laguna: The road was all glitchy and disappearing! (I don't fall through the ground though, but the road becomes transparent in some points). If I put the value to 27, I get the same Glitchy Laguna, but only the Corkscrew Test section (that one with the Viper). My guess is that since Laguna Seca Reverse (value: 2B) had a different texture for the road than the real Laguna, that texture was going to be used for the normal Laguna in the final game (there's no glitchy Laguna Seca Reverse), but it didn't go very well, and that was the result.

What do YOU have to say about that?

I think it's possibly the game not being able to (somehow) cope with the laguna seca license test being used outside the license test mode, and makes a lot of glitchy textures.

I'm not really sure what causes this.

The 0029 is a full Laguna Seca course by the way, not just the Corkscrew Test section.

I find that odd, this never seems to occur for me when I load up Laguna Seca on my copy.

It might be how it's loading the course with the code on, i'm not entirely sure. Keep trying, it might load properly.

Setting the value to 28 loads a regular Laguna. It's a totally different track.

28 is most likely the track that is used in normal gameplay, and 29 is the license test track in the S license (A guess).

That might explain the numerous duplicate tracks I found in the Sim Disc (by messing with the values) but all of those tracks load normally. Just Laguna Seca doesn't for some reason.

Also, if you set the value to 36 you get Smokey Mountain South Reverse. Another burned reverse track. As far as I know only Smokey Mountain North and Tahiti Dirt R3 were the dirt tracks that got reverse versions in the final game (this not counting Pikes Peak Downhill which is Pikes Peak Hillclimb Reverse).

That might explain the numerous duplicate tracks I found in the Sim Disc (by messing with the values) but all of those tracks load normally. Just Laguna Seca doesn't for some reason.

Also, if you set the value to 36 you get Smokey Mountain South Reverse. Another burned reverse track. As far as I know only Smokey Mountain North and Tahiti Dirt R3 were the dirt tracks that got reverse versions in the final game (this not counting Pikes Peak Downhill with is Pikes Peak Hillclimb Reverse).

There are quite a handful of reverse versions of courses that didn't have one normally. Since GT2 was rushed, there might've been plans to add those in the game, but never had the time to finish it.

Well, Test Course Reverse and Super Speedway Reverse were cut obviously because they are reversed ovals and make no sense whatsoever. Laguna Seca Reverse was cut because it's a real track and shouldn't have a reverse version. As for Smokey Mountain South Reverse, I have no idea. The course is absolutely identical to the regular one, just it's the reverse direction AND never appears in the game for some reason.

Well, Test Course Reverse and Super Speedway Reverse were cut obviously because they are reversed ovals and make no sense whatsoever. Laguna Seca Reverse was cut because it's a real track and shouldn't have a reverse version. As for Smokey Mountain South Reverse, I have no idea. The course is absolutely identical to the regular one, just it's the reverse direction AND never appears in the game for some reason.

It may have been possible there would be a rally event similar to the North versions reverse course. But this is purely theorising.

Set the value to 17 and ended up in the middle of nowhere. Drove for a while and realized it was actually the Test Course from the 0-400 and 0-1000 Machine Tests (with the invisible wall at the 1st turn).

Also the Trackpiece editor crashed my game. And the power modifier is just nuts. It turns your car into a semi-hybrid.

Set the value to 17 and ended up in the middle of nowhere. Drove for a while and realized it was actually the Test Course from the 0-400 and 0-1000 Machine Tests (with the invisible wall at the 1st turn).

Also the Trackpiece editor crashed my game. And the power modifier is just nuts. It turns your car into a semi-hybrid.

I never really understood that starting position for that machine test course.

With the track piece editor, did you use it in Rome? It's also a little bit picky with how it's being used, one wrong value could crash it.

Hi.

Thanks for the codes. I've been testing the Bonus Jampack Disc ones, it's amazing how much content it has, considering it's just a demo. Do you happen to know if the various GT2 PAL demos have this kind of hidden unlockable stuff? Is there any code for those?

Plus, in a former video that got erased from Youtube I recall seeing one or two tracks that reminded me of super-special rally stages, especially a dirt track surrounded by tight tyre barriers. Do you have the codes for those?

Cheers.

Hi.

Thanks for the codes. I've been testing the Bonus Jampack Disc ones, it's amazing how much content it has, considering it's just a demo. Do you happen to know if the various GT2 PAL demos have this kind of hidden unlockable stuff? Is there any code for those?

Plus, in a former video that got erased from Youtube I recall seeing one or two tracks that reminded me of super-special rally stages, especially a dirt track surrounded by tight tyre barriers. Do you have the codes for those?

Cheers.

Try the track loader code I recently posted, and use the values 03 for the tyre barrier dirt track and 05 for the super special stage course.

Use the height modifier and cars on track codes for the special stage. Set height to 0000 and 0000, and set the cars to 1. This is because entering the track without the height modifier makes your car go crazy and fly around. Turning off the AI prevents the game from crashing when they do the same thing.

Try the track loader code I recently posted, and use the values 03 for the tyre barrier dirt track and 05 for the super special stage course.

Use the height modifier and cars on track codes for the special stage. Set height to 0000 and 0000, and set the cars to 1. This is because entering the track without the height modifier makes your car go crazy and fly around. Turning off the AI prevents the game from crashing when they do the same thing.
Thanks a lot, they're working for me :) Superspecial keeps crashing the emulator, but after some tries it works just fine. ¿I assume there aren't track codes for GT2's Euro demos?

Hey, here's a code that has been doing some weird things on my game:

Buy any car (PAL and NTSC 1.2)
800B9648 XXXX
800B964A XXXX

Replace XXXX with the code for the car you want to buy.

Example for HKS R33 Drag GT-R:

800B9648 E11C
800B964A 180C

Putting a wrong value can crash the game or give you a corrupted car (insane power, but no weight). You can get cars like the GT500KR, CLK Race Car, Volkswagen Polo or STP Taisan Viper GT through the use of this code. They will be with their own performance and everything.

After you put on the code, go to Honda and go to the used car lot. The car you modded will be one of the first ones on the list (Very first one on PAL, third one on NTSC 1.2). After buying the car, turn the code off to avoid crashes.

And no, you can't get a car that has only a body. So no Course BG and no Trophy.

The code is meant for PAL, but it works on my NTSC 1.2.

EDIT: Saw it for myself, if you buy a body-only car it comes with RX-7 A-Spec LM Edition specs by default. So yes, you CAN buy a Course BG/Trophy/Body-only car, but it will come with RX-7 A-Spec LM performance.

EDIT2: Some values for the View Changer:

00 to 02: Default Views
03: High View
04: Higher View
05: 3rd Chase View
06: 4th Chase View (like 3rd Chase but farther away)
07: Even Farther Away View (causes the track to lag)
09: Skygazer View (You can't see your car, just the sky)
0A: Below Car View (I lol'ed at this one)
0C: Cockpit View (The car has no interior, which makes it look rather funny)
11: Ground Chase View (Bumper View [00] mixed with the Chase View)
12: Ground Chase - Super Far
13: High Chase View
14: Lower Skygazer (Like the Skygazer View but closer to the ground. And no, you still can't see your car)
15: Lower Skygazer 2 (slightly lower than the previous one)
16: Cockpit Center View (Camera appears to be on the center of the cockpit)
17: Ground Chase - Close
18: Underside View (The camera seems attached to the underside of the car, which gives this view its name)
19: Deep Stare (lower version of the High Views)
1A: ????? (Camera is positioned on the center of the car's shadow. I don't know what name should I give this view)
1C: Roof View (It's not properly positioned, which makes it show the [empty] interior of the car instead of the roof)
1D: Ground Chase 2 (somewhat inbetween Ground Chase and Ground Chase Close)
1E: Ground Chase - Stunning View (Ground Chase - Super Far, but with some slight changes)
1F: Super Deep Stare (A Deep Stare view, but much harder to drive on than the regular one)
20: Tall Skygazer (Yet another skygazing view)
21: Under the Track (I lol'ed when I saw this one. It's self explanatory, but you can't see much of the track. Since the objects are above the camera, then the camera is on the "nothing" with the track above me)
22 to 27: Duplicates of the above views.
28: Duplicate of Cockpit Center View.
29: Duplicate of Underside View
2A: Duplicate of Ground Chase Close.
2B: Deep Stare - Easy Mode (Driveable Deep Stare view)
2C: Duplicate of Shadow Center View.
2E to 32: Duplicates of views 1C to 20.
33: Duplicate of Lower Skygazer View
34: Central View (This one is actually on the center of the car)
36: Cockpit Center View - Lower (Lower than the Cockpit Center View I posted earlier)
37: Ground View
38 to 3A: Some duplicated views
3B: Blue Hell View (you see the blue parts of the scenery)
3F: Really Glitchy view (Cannot identify, it's too glitchy)
41: Bonnet View
Any other value: Front Suspension View (hard to drive on, but it's quite funny)

EDIT3: With the Grip Modifier and Gear Shift Delay Remover codes, switch the codes off before entering a race or the game will crash. You can switch them back on when the Pre-Race Menu pops up. The code is fun to use though, and I saw a definite improvement on the car's performance. On HSR I couldn't go a lot faster than 192mph on a Denso Sard Supra. I managed to get beyond 200mph with the code on, getting laps on the 47's, and got a 46.9 once.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, they're working for me :) Superspecial keeps crashing the emulator, but after some tries it works just fine. ¿I assume there aren't track codes for GT2's Euro demos?

As far as I know, the codes will work with any demo that is the same as the Jampack winter demo, even euro demos containing the same demo should work with it.

Hey, here's a code that has been doing some weird things on my game:

Buy any car (PAL and NTSC 1.2)
800B9648 XXXX
800B964A XXXX

Replace XXXX with the code for the car you want to buy.

Example for HKS R33 Drag GT-R:

800B9648 E11C
800B964A 180C

Putting a wrong value can crash the game or give you a corrupted car (insane power, but no weight). You can get cars like the GT500KR, CLK Race Car, Volkswagen Polo or STP Taisan Viper GT through the use of this code. They will be with their own performance and everything.

After you put on the code, go to Honda and go to the used car lot. The car you modded will be one of the first ones on the list (Very first one on PAL, third one on NTSC 1.2). After buying the car, turn the code off to avoid crashes.

And no, you can't get a car that has only a body. So no Course BG and no Trophy.

The code is meant for PAL, but it works on my NTSC 1.2.

EDIT: Saw it for myself, if you buy a body-only car it comes with RX-7 A-Spec LM Edition specs by default. So yes, you CAN buy a Course BG/Trophy/Body-only car, but it will come with RX-7 A-Spec LM performance.

EDIT2: Some values for the View Changer:

00 to 02: Default Views
03: High View
04: Higher View
05: 3rd Chase View
06: 4th Chase View (like 3rd Chase but farther away)
07: Even Farther Away View (causes the track to lag)
09: Skygazer View (You can't see your car, just the sky)
0A: Below Car View (I lol'ed at this one)
0C: Cockpit View (The car has no interior, which makes it look rather funny)
11: Ground Chase View (Bumper View [00] mixed with the Chase View)
12: Ground Chase - Super Far
13: High Chase View
14: Lower Skygazer (Like the Skygazer View but closer to the ground. And no, you still can't see your car)
15: Lower Skygazer 2 (slightly lower than the previous one)
16: Cockpit Center View (Camera appears to be on the center of the cockpit)
17: Ground Chase - Close
18: Underside View (The camera seems attached to the underside of the car, which gives this view its name)
19: Deep Stare (lower version of the High Views)
1A: ????? (Camera is positioned on the center of the car's shadow. I don't know what name should I give this view)
1C: Roof View (It's not properly positioned, which makes it show the [empty] interior of the car instead of the roof)
1D: Ground Chase 2 (somewhat inbetween Ground Chase and Ground Chase Close)
1E: Ground Chase - Stunning View (Ground Chase - Super Far, but with some slight changes)
1F: Super Deep Stare (A Deep Stare view, but much harder to drive on than the regular one)
20: Tall Skygazer (Yet another skygazing view)
21: Under the Track (I lol'ed when I saw this one. It's self explanatory, but you can't see much of the track. Since the objects are above the camera, then the camera is on the "nothing" with the track above me)
22 to 27: Duplicates of the above views.
28: Duplicate of Cockpit Center View.
29: Duplicate of Underside View
2A: Duplicate of Ground Chase Close.
2B: Deep Stare - Easy Mode (Driveable Deep Stare view)
2C: Duplicate of Shadow Center View.
2E to 32: Duplicates of views 1C to 20.
33: Duplicate of Lower Skygazer View
34: Central View (This one is actually on the center of the car)
36: Cockpit Center View - Lower (Lower than the Cockpit Center View I posted earlier)
37: Ground View
38 to 3A: Some duplicated views
3B: Blue Hell View (you see the blue parts of the scenery)
3F: Really Glitchy view (Cannot identify, it's too glitchy)
41: Bonnet View
Any other value: Front Suspension View (hard to drive on, but it's quite funny)

EDIT3: With the Grip Modifier and Gear Shift Delay Remover codes, switch the codes off before entering a race or the game will crash. You can switch them back on when the Pre-Race Menu pops up. The code is fun to use though, and I saw a definite improvement on the car's performance. On HSR I couldn't go a lot faster than 192mph on a Denso Sard Supra. I managed to get beyond 200mph with the code on, getting laps on the 47's, and got a 46.9 once.

Thanks a lot for that, very useful and will add this to the first post. Thanks!

I found my Jampack demo disc!!

NOTE: The game crashes if any demo codes are on when the pre-race splash screen appears. Turn off the codes before going to the race, and turn them back on when the starting line-up appears on the screen. If you time it wrongly, you might crash the game, or some codes might not work.

The codes work, but as said above, having them on before the starting grid shows up always crashes the game.

The good part about the Buy Any Car code I posted earlier is that you don't buy the car at full price, you pay the price for the used car you replace (just below 4,000 on PAL and about 5,000 in NTSC 1.2), which means you can buy that car right from the start of the game.

Also, Monte Carlo is so buggy. It's a pain to drive there!

New PAL and NTSC 1.2 code:

Bouncing Mayhem (PAL)
800A986A 00XX
800AA3AA 00XX
800AAEEA 00XX
800ABA2A 00XX
800AC56A 00XX
800AD0AA 00XX

Bouncing Mayhem (NTSC 1.2)
800A983A 00XX
800AA37A 00XX
800AAEBA 00XX
800AB99A 00XX
800AC53A 00XX
800AD07A 00XX

A higher value will result in more stronger bounces.

Last edited:
No problem. Just a note, F0 produces insane bounces. The Alto Works I was racing against jumped over the Start/Finish sign. Cleared it easier. Is there a way to make it work only when I press L2? We could have a long jump or hurdles competition :lol:.

No problem. Just a note, F0 produces insane bounces. The Alto Works I was racing against jumped over the Start/Finish sign. Cleared it easier. Is there a way to make it work only when I press L2? We could have a long jump or hurdles competition :lol:.

I believe I posted an activator a few pages back, i'll edit this post with the activator.

Here it is:

D01F0C9A XXXX

FFFF = Nothing
FFEF = Up
FFDF = Right
FF7F = Left
FFBF = Down
DFFF = Circle
EFFF = Triangle
7FFF = Square
BFFF = X
FFFE = Select