Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by Xenn, Jan 22, 2012.

1. mokokyu

mokokyu

gt3rt chrysler logo.jpg

Early Chrysler logo

girabyt3, J24681357 and Miskaroni like this.
  2. Miskaroni

Miskaroni

3. mokokyu

mokokyu

PAPX 90208

90208_menu.jpg
    90208_menu2.jpg
    unusedmenu

90208_unused_menu.jpg
    i.Link menu?

GTPVenomZombie and j0nny0093 like this.
  4. Miskaroni

Miskaroni

5. j0nny0093

j0nny0093

It looks like an i.Link menu but it also resemble a demo disc with video and game

6. burritoo

burritoo

Hoping this isn't off-topic, but does anyone know how to make the .ads music files playable in the correct speed and pitch? I tried both MFAudio and VGSC (Video Game Sound Converter) but they end up giving me the same garbled results. I know @Xenn has posted unused music from GT2000 and GT3, but there's still the race music (prototype version of Mirage by Daiki Kasho) from the former that's been missing. It was previously posted on Youtube, but the account that had it uploaded was deleted. All I have is this MP3 conversion for reference, although I'm pretty sure that most of you have already heard it: https://clyp.it/0hsk2nz2?token=c9481469c0c0702b246c29b18b02d595

I've probably asked too many people on the Internet for this request, but I have no clue on how and why it is the only song that refuses to play correctly.

7. pez2k

pez2k

This is more research and less hidden things, but it turns out that the original Japanese release of GT4 Prologue (and the Prius Trial demo based on it) uses GT3 car and track formats, rather than GT4 formats like the PAL release. If used to replace an existing track, GT3 can load and run the tracks flawlessly, including AI lines and replay cameras. The car models work too, but obviously without the correct physics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GT4P also has a very, very early Nurburgring model, with only the track loft and minimap present:
    [​IMG]