Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
I found this interesting design map of Smokey Mountain.

jpexpy.jpg

Looks like some sort of conception of what would become the final Smokey Mountain, as you see those extra roads coming out of the front stretch, those are probably continuing the road beyond the course. In the final, if you look behind the barriers just before you move onto the gravel section, you can see road which leads somewhere.

BTW, is that a sign seen on the track? Because below the sign there appears to be textures for other road signs.

Looks like some sort of conception of what would become the final Smokey Mountain, as you see those extra roads coming out of the front stretch, those are probably continuing the road beyond the course. In the final, if you look behind the barriers just before you move onto the gravel section, you can see road which leads somewhere.

BTW, is that a sign seen on the track? Because below the sign there appears to be textures for other road signs.

It might be a sign somewhere on the track just like Grand Valley.

Speaking of Grand Valley, the sign before the third tunnel was different, and was originally yellow.

gvsign.png

The shot here is from the US demo, but the sign still remains in the OPS2M demo. Could someone perhaps rip the texture for that sign? I can't tell exactly what it says as part of the HUD is obscuring it.

That Celica photo fascinates me due to it's looks. I wonder if they considered using real life photos of the car (e.g Celica) when choosing a car in the dealership.

Is it me or are the car selection screens in the car dealership are better than in the final version? That Elise 190 screen looks better than the final version.

Speaking of Grand Valley, the sign before the third tunnel was different, and was originally yellow.

The shot here is from the US demo, but the sign still remains in the OPS2M demo. Could someone perhaps rip the texture for that sign? I can't tell exactly what it says as part of the HUD is obscuring it.

(The resolution has been doubled here. It's originally 64x64.)

(The resolution has been doubled here. It's originally 64x64.)

Looks like maybe an easter egg was meant to be on the third tunnel at Grand Valley? That last line might say "DAYTONA" but it's too pixelated to tell for sure. There's also something inside an oval at the top of the sign but I have no idea on what it says, because it suffers the same fate.

That's a press kit for GT3, on one disc it contains info about the game, screenshots, trailers, etc.

While the other disc probably has a playable build of the game.

However, I don't expect anything really interesting as the date on the press kit says July 2001, the same month as GT3's North American and European releases.

GT Concept had a press kit as well:

Interesting stuff, also there may be a design map somewhere which may link to paths much alike the smokey mountain one.

jpexpy.jpg

EDIT:

I'm a little curious what this version might have.

1003693718_1_644x461_gran-turismo-3-a-spec-plus-bonus-disc-ps2-original-r200-alberton.jpg

1003693718_2_644x461_gran-turismo-3-a-spec-plus-bonus-disc-ps2-original-r200-add-some-photos.jpg

Interesting, but we may need a 2000 E3 disc of GT 2000 to see what was left behind over the years, as much as I would like to research the Press Kit myself, I don't think we would find anything interesting in there, unless it uses the OPS2M demo builds.

YouTuber xTimelessGaming has posted a video of the sample cars and all the hidden courses of the Store Demo Volume 2.

At 1:05:22, he shows Complex String for the first time, as EncounterGTR didn't show this course when he went through the demo. Unfortunately, it appears to be mostly identical to the OPS2M demo.

The next track he shows is Tahiti Road, however just like EncounterGTR he gets a black void.

Also, according to the video description, Course Sample 001 (Super Speedway '00s) and Tahiti Maze didn't work when he tried to load them. Interesting, as they did work for EncounterGTR... :confused:

YouTuber xTimelessGaming has posted a video of the sample cars and all the hidden courses of the Store Demo Volume 2.

At 1:05:22, he shows Complex String for the first time, as EncounterGTR didn't show this course when he went through the demo. Unfortunately, it appears to be mostly identical to the OPS2M demo.

The next track he shows is Tahiti Road, however just like EncounterGTR he gets a black void.

Also, according to the video description, Course Sample 001 (Super Speedway '00s) and Tahiti Maze didn't work when he tried to load them. Interesting, as they did work for EncounterGTR... :confused:

I tried Course_Sample001 and it worked fine for me, however. I will try Tahiti Maze also.

I replaced the Super Speedway string with another track. It should work.

I wonder is SSr11 in the final version of Gran Turismo 3? Wonder if we can get a code for it... or it may have no path for the A.I.

I wonder is SSr11 in the final version of Gran Turismo 3? Wonder if we can get a code for it... or it may have no path for the A.I.
Yea, it's in the final version. Gran Turismo 4 - Sport is a nope though, and that includes GT2.

Yea, it's in the final version. Gran Turismo 4 - Sport is a nope though, and that includes GT2.
can you make an action replay max code for it jake?

Just to have the old Special stage route 11 replacing the current one in Gran Turismo 3?

I have never played on it before, I have gran turismo 1 and 2 but have not played them since I Was just 4 ish yr old when my brother had them, I just have them now for collection really.

can you make an action replay max code for it jake?

Just to have the old Special stage route 11 replacing the current one in Gran Turismo 3?

I have never played on it before, I have gran turismo 1 and 2 but have not played them since I Was just 4 ish yr old when my brother had them, I just have them now for collection really.
Oh, I thought you were on about the 00's SSR11. The 90s was cut when Polyphony did not have the time to implement it, and the GT2000 Builds probably served as a testing ground of sorts.

Whilst randomly searching for the GT3 soundtrack on YouTube, I found this rare and pretty old looking screenshot of two JGTC Skylines racing on Trial Mountain.

Screenshot_20170526-085459.png

Some beta GT3 pics from IGN

Beta Motor Sport Elise? (from the Store Demo Vol. 2)
gt_15-202637_480w.jpg

Beta Midfield

gt_1-202623_480w.jpg

Smokey Mountain South or Swiss Alps pics

gt3_25-210100_480w.jpg
gt3_24-210099_480w.jpg
gt3_23-210098_480w.jpg
gt3_22-210097_480w.jpg
gt3_21-210096_480w.jpg

SSR5 Wet race with 2 cars

gt3_20-210095_480w.jpg
gt3_19-210094_480w.jpg
gt3_18-210093_480w.jpg
gt3_17-210092_480w.jpg
gt3_16-210091_480w.jpg

May I request the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '99? This one right here?

This may be a little tricky, because of differing data whenever this car shows up. In the OPS2M demo, it's meant to be replaced by the SVT Cobra R, and has none of its own data.

I'll see if any other versions has its own data for the SVT Cobra.

Somebody did manage to port this car to GT3 once... there's evidence somewhere in this forum with a picture of a black one on Test Course with swapped rims (albeit still with the wheel glitch from the OPS2M demo).

Somebody did manage to port this car to GT3 once... there's evidence somewhere in this forum with a picture of a black one on Test Course with swapped rims (albeit still with the wheel glitch from the OPS2M demo).

Oh, the body is easily able to be ported, definitely. The issue is also porting the different parts, like engine, chassis, etc. The OPS2M demo doesn't have any specifically for the SVT Cobra.

I finally got a copy of the OPS2M Demo but I need to know how to access the hidden tracks.
Can someone help me there?
Try searching the tracks via cheat engine. For example, laguna is the Laguna Seca track. If you find that then you should find several tracks along with that.

EncounterGTR made a tutorial on how to create custom grids:

This only works on the PAL version, however. :indiff:

It should work for any version. From the video itself it read all the car data from the executable. Meaning if you know one part of the car means that it's possible to do in the NTSC versions.

Back