Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
Try searching the tracks via cheat engine. For example, laguna is the Laguna Seca track. If you find that then you should find several tracks along with that.

OK,I tried it with Route 11. It loaded but it crashed when it shown up 3. What did I wrong?

Oh no, it's gone! Haven't got the time to try it... :guilty:

I watched it through when it was up yesterday, here's how I think you do it (my prior knowledge combined with what I remember from the video):

1. Start up PCSX2 and GT3. Start up Cheat Engine and select "PCSX2" as the process.

2. Replace the string of the class you're replacing with "CLASS_PREVIEW". Upon selecting the class you replaced, you should be granted a selection of every car in the game.

3. Replace each opponent car string with the car you're driving. Then when you're all done, you'll have your own custom grid! :)

Did I get it right? I'm actually interested in trying this myself.

I watched it through when it was up yesterday, here's how I think you do it (my prior knowledge combined with what I remember from the video):

1. Start up PCSX2 and GT3. Start up Cheat Engine and select "PCSX2" as the process.

2. Replace the string of the class you're replacing with "CLASS_PREVIEW". Upon selecting the class you replaced, you should be granted a selection of every car in the game.

3. Replace each opponent car string with the car you're driving. Then when you're all done, you'll have your own custom grid! :)

Did I get it right? I'm actually interested in trying this myself.
Thanks, that's what I remembered roughly. But even the second step I can't manage to do, it hides the C class from the screen and no car is selectable in S Class.

Also, do you remember the addresses of the cars to look for in the memory?

Also, do you remember the addresses of the cars to look for in the memory?

That part I forget. Plus, that might not be the correct way to do it, that's at least what I remember. Could be why C Class disappears and S Class has no cars.

Interesting, but we may need a 2000 E3 disc of GT 2000 to see what was left behind over the years, as much as I would like to research the Press Kit myself, I don't think we would find anything interesting in there, unless it uses the OPS2M demo builds.

Did someone say they need a copy of gt2k? I have a copy! Been in it and there isn't to much inside.

So,I have another question:
How can I disable the opponents in the OPS2M Demo?
Maybe that's the issue why I can't load Route 11

If you have an Action Replay Max you simply use this code:

No CPU Opponents
CYQF-F6JR-TJP5J
BA4J-RJNU-TQV9D

Xenn also has a bunch of codes here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-cheat-device-codes-includes-demo-codes.187354/page-18
But if you don't, then that's beyond me...

Xenn also ran into a similar issue when going through the demo a few years ago; when going through tracks some wouldn't load unless no cars were on it. So he somehow had to disable all the cars, enable one, and then somehow disable it again to get some tracks to work. You'll notice it in a few of his videos too:

If you have an Action Replay Max you simply use this code:

No CPU Opponents
CYQF-F6JR-TJP5J
BA4J-RJNU-TQV9D

Xenn also has a bunch of codes here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-cheat-device-codes-includes-demo-codes.187354/page-18
But if you don't, then that's beyond me...

Xenn also ran into a similar issue when going through the demo a few years ago; when going through tracks some wouldn't load unless no cars were on it. So he somehow had to disable all the cars, enable one, and then somehow disable it again to get some tracks to work. You'll notice it in a few of his videos too:

Thx for reply. I will try it out. :)

Did someone say they need a copy of gt2k? I have a copy! Been in it and there isn't to much inside.

I also have a ps1 japan demo that showcases future up coming games and development of the ps2. And in that is an interview with kaz(gt creator) talking about future development of gran turismo for ps2, and a tv behind him showing gt2000 footage using a beta blue ps2. But its only japanese, so can anyone do english subtitles for it? If so, I'd share it, and post it on youtube.

I also have a ps1 japan demo that showcases future up coming games and development of the ps2. And in that is an interview with kaz(gt creator) talking about future development of gran turismo for ps2, and a tv behind him showing gt2000 footage using a beta blue ps2. But its only japanese, so can anyone do english subtitles for it? If so, I'd share it, and post it on youtube.

This one? ;)

This one? ;)

Nope! Lol. Kaz was wearing a yellow shirt. Also that video you have is from a usdm psu disc (intro states playstation underground). Mine is from a japanese demo disc. The video shows a blue skyline and nsx.

Close but no cookie. Its an odd video interview. And I believe that one you just posted was from a tv promo ad/commercial. I'll try to make the cleanest copy I can make and upload it to youtube. I just wish for english subtitles for it.

So GT Concept tracks can also be ported to GT3. Interesting. Makes me want to see tracks like Motegi or the Demo Jump (or whatever it's called, the dirt track to test jump physics) ported to the game.

Lol I just realized I have that video from pure pure plus whats next 10 99 disc 2 japanese demo, but mine being from a japanese demo it has a different intro.... Keep a look out in this post for the rare gt2000 interview! (I only call it rare cause I can't find it anywhere else!)

Edit: finally uploaded!

GT2000 interview:

GT2000 promo demo video (purepure demo version):

I hope you all like them. And let me know if anyone can do english subtitles for the interview video......

Last edited:
I think that's the highest quality footage of the SSR5 tech demo I have ever seen. Thanks for uploading! :)

The second video was already uploaded on MattJ155's channel, but once again, yours is higher quality, so thanks for the upload.​

I think that's the highest quality footage of the SSR5 tech demo I have ever seen. Thanks for uploading! :)

The second video was already uploaded on MattJ155's channel, but once again, yours is higher quality, so thanks for the upload.​

Yeah I saw matt's video but mine has a different 2sec intro.....

And thank you, I'm glad to hear they are of good quality! I was worried when I extracted them that they wouldn't be good. I also have a gt2 japan commercial, lol.

Yeah I saw matt's video but mine has a different 2sec intro.....

And thank you, I'm glad to hear they are of good quality! I was worried when I extracted them that they wouldn't be good. I also have a gt2 japan commercial, lol.
Can you upload the GT2 commercial? Thanks.

You can clearly see the soft-top Elise in that clip.

121_zpsnxgw6ehz.jpg

Didn't the Spoon S2000 come in multiple colors in GT3 anyway? I mean, I know it only came in one color in GT4, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it in other colors when playing GT3.

Vdhf5Lu.png

wwqKfMf.jpg

No idea what demo i stumbled upon but it has the old GT2 version of Super Speedway and a Spoon S2000 you can change the colors on.
Specifically, this is the Store Demo Volume 2, because this is the only demo where the Spoon S2000 is playable by default. I also remember that the Spoon S2000 does indeed come in multiple colors in the final version.

Vdhf5Lu.png

wwqKfMf.jpg

No idea what demo i stumbled upon but it has the old GT2 version of Super Speedway and a Spoon S2000 you can change the colors on.
Yeah... That's Store Demo Vol 2, I have it currently.

We need to somehow find Store Demo Vol 1 to find out more about this game.

Back