Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments
Apparently with luck you can get some more Store Demo Volume 2 tracks to work.

According to @EncounterGTR , these tracks either crashed or gave him a void when he went through them.

-Circle 60R
-Test 2
-Tahiti Dirt Route 3
-Tahiti Road
-Reverse versions of Seattle and Tahiti Maze

Well, when uploading a video to my channel earlier today, I came across a guy who managed to get some of these tracks to work. So, here they are!

Tahiti Dirt Route 3

Unfortunately, all that appears to have been updated since the OPS2M demo is the skybox, and maybe there's more trees as well.

Seattle Reverse

Identical to the normal version, as you'd expect. It isn't entirely finished however, as the shadows turn the car completely black, plus the AI doesn't work.

Tahiti Maze Reverse

It appears it would've originally been set at sunset here. The final just reuses the normal one's skybox. It also still uses Tahiti Maze's old layout from GT2, but when comparing it the normal one from the OPS2M demo, there's more advertisments. (Possibly based off the Store Demo Volume 1 version?)

Recently I found this rare, but short, GT2000 demo movie.

It is quite similar to the video on the PurePure disc with the demo of GT3. In fact a lot of the footage here was reused in the PurePure video.

Also is it me or do the physics look a lot more realistic in this version? What gets me is at the 55 second mark, when a Viper slams into a GT40 out of the Andretti Hairpin at Laguna Seca, both cars spin as a result. It almost reminds me of Forza 6 online crashes...

Looks like GT2 physics to me. Try pushing a car around while blindly keeping your accelerator doan and you might just spin like this. But yeah. For all we know, this could even be pre-rendered stuff. Who knows.

I mean, GT2000 is nothing more than a HD GT2 demo.

That is quite true. I mean, compare Seattle from the GT2 Test Drive Disc and GT2000, and other than the skybox and the advertisment boards, they're darn near identical.

I actually have plans to make a comparison video between these two once I get my copy of GT2000.

That is quite true. I mean, compare Seattle from the GT2 Test Drive Disc and GT2000, and other than the skybox and the advertisment boards, they're darn near identical.

I actually have plans to make a comparison video between these two once I get my copy of GT2000.

I did one back then and even included GT3's:

Probably going to make a new version of it soon.

Another Japanese GT3 demo movie I came across a couple weeks ago:

It appears to mostly Store Demo Volume 2 footage, however it shows a slightly newer demo in there.

New things I noticed:

-The beta Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rally Car Prototype had a more white front bumper than the final.
Screenshot_20170814-082506.png
Screenshot_20170814-082515.png

-Another HUD is shown in footage of the same race, appears to be similar to the final. However, it appears to be one of the earliest conceptions of the final HUD, as the numbers on the speedo are white for some reason, and the info displayed on the right side of the screen is different (and similar to the demos)
Screenshot_20170814-082548.png

-You can also clearly see the beta Evo VI Rally Car in the same image.

-Lastly, they showed some Tokyo R246 footage, quite possibly from the Store Demo Volume 2. However, I doubt Polyphony would've been brave enough to leave an unfinished R246 as one the demo replays in that demo, just seems crazy to me. Then again, it seems Polyphony was eager for us to see their new track, as there's very early screenshots where it's set at sunset. Although, I actually kinda think the R246 footage in this movie was from a later demo, as the buildings in the last corner appear to be finished here (in the Store Demo I believe they were still unfinished).
Screenshot_20170814-082658.png

Another Japanese GT3 demo movie I came across a couple weeks ago:

It appears to mostly Store Demo Volume 2 footage, however it shows a slightly newer demo in there.

New things I noticed:

-The beta Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rally Car Prototype had a more white front bumper than the final.
View attachment 666876 View attachment 666877
-Another HUD is shown in footage of the same race, appears to be similar to the final. However, it appears to be one of the earliest conceptions of the final HUD, as the numbers on the speedo are white for some reason, and the info displayed on the right side of the screen is different (and similar to the demos)View attachment 666878
-You can also clearly see the beta Evo VI Rally Car in the same image.

-Lastly, they showed some Tokyo R246 footage, quite possibly from the Store Demo Volume 2. However, I doubt Polyphony would've been brave enough to leave an unfinished R246 as one the demo replays in that demo, just seems crazy to me. Then again, it seems Polyphony was eager for us to see their new track, as there's very early screenshots where it's set at sunset. Although, I actually kinda think the R246 footage in this movie was from a later demo, as the buildings in the last corner appear to be finished here (in the Store Demo I believe they were still unfinished).
View attachment 666879

I don't know how rare that demo is, but I believe we need that build for solid research... It's going to be expensive though to get.

(Unless it's a prototype demo we can't get..)

1:23 in the video. The RX7 Type RZ has a (much better) car logo than final. It actually has the stylised RZ. :P

It's always nice to discover new stuff ^^ Hopefully we get our hands on this demo.

EDIT: It would seem that I caught a rare case og glitched duplicate posts >.>

1:23 in the video. The RX7 Type RZ has a (much better) car logo than final. It actually has the stylised RZ. :P

It's always nice to discover new stuff ^^ Hopefully we get our hands on this demo.

A demo / build I kinda want to see discovered is this:

I'm guessing there probably won't be very much interesting stuff in there, but from the footage alone, it's still not exactly like the final.

The music in the races is what gets me. The Smokey Mountain race has Lenny Kravitz playing in the background. Lenny Kravitz was only featured in the NTSC-U version of GT3 if I'm not mistaken. While the description of this build in the demo disc states it as "the import version of the game", so the build is likely Japanese.

Same thing with the first race on Tokyo R246. I have no idea what that song was, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't play in the NTSC-J version either...

The other thing that got me was the collision sounds. They actually sound more realistic here, IMO. They are also different to the Store Demo Volume 2, although in one of my like, 10 comments in that video, I replied to somebody saying that they were exactly the same as the Store Demo Volume 2...:lol:
I also mistakenly thought that the Raybrig NSX's wheel color was changed to the color it was in the demos in the final, when I later found it that it wasn't.:P
And I also called Route 246 on that video "the finished version of what was on the OPS2M demo"... :confused: :odd: :boggled:

Those were almost two years ago though, and now I've realised that all those statements were completely wrong.

I also spotted two easter eggs.

-At minute 2:00, we see the RUF 3400S racing with Honda NSX, Nissan Skyline, Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG and Subaru Impreza and Pagani Zonda C12, when on the final game, Pagani Zonda C12 races with Chevrolet Corvette C5, TVR Griffith 500, Lotus Elise and Tommy Kaira ZZ-S instead;
-At minute 2:35, the Chevrolet Corvette C5R '00 racing with Honda NSX JGTC, Toyota Supra JGTC, Nissan Skyline JGTC and Opel Astra DTM, however, instead of that, the Corvette C5R ends on racing with the Le Mans cars such as Toyota GT-One and Nissan R390. And also, the Corvette C5R produces different car sound from the final game.

when on the final game, Pagani Zonda C12 races with Chevrolet Corvette C5, TVR Griffith 500, Lotus Elise and Tommy Kaira ZZ-S instead;

It's crazy how the Elise and Tommy Kaira are thrown in that mix too... in the demos, they were racing against B-class cars, such as the Toyota Altezza, Celica, and Honda S2000.

It is also strange how the Zonda races those cars in that video, when in the OPS2M demo it's much more like the final, racing against a RUF CTR2, Dodge Viper GTS, Lotus Esprit Sport 350, to name a few.

-At minute 2:35, the Chevrolet Corvette C5R '00 racing with Honda NSX JGTC, Toyota Supra JGTC, Nissan Skyline JGTC and Opel Astra DTM, however, instead of that, the Corvette C5R ends on racing with the Le Mans cars such as Toyota GT-One and Nissan R390.

The Viper GTS-R Team Oreca also had a similar fate. In the demos, it was racing against JGTC cars, while the final mixed it in with the Le Mans cars (which is honestly where it should be, since it ran in the 2000 24 Hours of Le Mans).

And also, the Corvette C5R produces different car sound from the final game.

Another weird thing I noticed on that video is that the Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype doesn't seem to have an engine sound yet...

It's crazy how the Elise and Tommy Kaira are thrown in that mix too... in the demos, they were racing against B-class cars, such as the Toyota Altezza, Celica, and Honda S2000.

It is also strange how the Zonda races those cars in that video, when in the OPS2M demo it's much more like the final, racing against a RUF CTR2, Dodge Viper GTS, Lotus Esprit Sport 350, to name a few.
Well, on the final game, the Toyota Altezza runs with oponnents Toyota Celica SS-II ST202, Chrysler PT Cruiser and Mazda MX-5. Regarding about the RUF CTR2 and Dodge Viper GTS, they don't run on Arcade Mode on the Final Game, while the Lotus Esprit Sport 350 runs with Tommy Kaira ZZ-S and Lotus Elise.

And as for Toyota Celica ZZT231 and Honda S2000, they run with opponents such as Fiat Coupé, Nissan 180SX and Opel Speedster on the final game.

The Viper GTS-R Team Oreca also had a similar fate. In the demos, it was racing against JGTC cars, while the final mixed it in with the Le Mans cars (which is honestly where it should be, since it ran in the 2000 24 Hours of Le Mans).
Well, the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT1 was racing against JGTC cars as well, however, it was removed from the PAL version and kept as a hidden car instead.

From GT5 onwards, The Corvette C5R and Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca race against JGTC/Super GT Cars.

GT2000 has a demo replay, I never saw anybody upload it on YouTube so I uploaded it myself.

Pretty cool how the camera automatically switches from car to car during the replay.

Apologies for the off-sync audio, I don't know what happened when uploading it. :indiff:

Camera Angles feel soo much alike a arcadey 90's game.

And also, I see a Toyota Altezza RS200 racing with Honda NSX, Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 and Mazda RX-7. However, on the final game, it ends on racing with the oponnents such as Toyota MR-2, Chrysler PT Cruiser and Peugeot 206 S16.

So I figured out how to decompress images from various files in the GT3 demos, and final game. Here's a look at what assets were available in the OPS2M demo, of the GT Mode.

Attachments

• debug2.pmb.zip
    193 KB · Views: 50
Let's analyze the most interesting images:

Screenshot_20170816-181112.png

What does this "P" mean? Anyone have a clue?
Screenshot_20170816-181122.png

That's a warning sign, I don't recall any being used in the final game.
Screenshot_20170816-181146.png

The Kids Prize logo from GT2... was it meant to return in GT3?
Screenshot_20170816-181218.png

This looks like an early Options menu background to me.
Screenshot_20170816-181316.png

I'm guessing this is an early illegal entry warning?
Screenshot_20170816-181329.png

Not sure where this background would've been used... my best guess is that this was an early Go Race background.

Either Circle 60R or 100R in the wet. It looks unfinished in that image, is it possibly another Store Demo Volume 2 track that we haven't been able to load yet?

Back