Xenn's GT3 Research Topic (Might not be 56k friendly)

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 1,506 comments

Xenn

NSX
Premium
United Kingdom
The U of K
GTPXenn
So here we go, i'm starting research into Gran Turismo 3 and to start things off, here's some view points that are never seen in normal gameplay.

GT2 Styled Zoom

1.png

Very similar to the zoomed out view you could use in Gran Turismo 2, this adds some camera shake however, like in the replays.

Left Wing Mirror View

2.png

Not a lot to say about this one, this view is in front of the left wing mirror.

Right Side View

3.png

A view point from the right side of the car, again, not a lot to say about this one.

Close To The Road

4.png

This view point is quite close to the road here and infront of the front bumper too I assume.

Look Down On Car

5.png

This looks down on your car at an angle, it looks pretty good I think.

Left Side View

6.png

A pretty cool left side view.

Rear Behind View

7.png

This looks similar to one of the replay views you could get in GT5.

Close To The Road (Rear)

8.png

A behind view version of the Close To The Road viewpoint.

Cockpit Sideways View

9.png

Quite an interesting view point here.

Cockpit Sideways View 2

10.png

Same view point, in a different direction this time.

And one just for laughs...

STRRRREEEEECCCCCCHHHHH!

22.png

There'll be more views added when I find them :)

Moron alert: Why are the graphics so dodgy?

Good finds though. Anything with an XJ220 in it is beautiful. Loving the left side view.

Moron alert: Why are the graphics so dodgy?

Good finds though. Anything with an XJ220 in it is beautiful. Loving the left side view.

It's what i'm using to play the game, I messed with some settings which made it look like that, I'll have to change it back.

I agree though, left side view's great.

I've fallen in a puddle of drool and I can't get up! This makes me breathless. Keep the discoveries coming, please. :eek:

He accidentally turned off texture filtering (biilinear filtering, used to make textures non-pixelised) he also reduced the resolution.

Here's something that's also going to be added for future posts.

Race for N/A Sports Models (Beginner)

Toyota YARIS RS 1.5(J): 1.800
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Type I,J): 1.550
Peugeot 206 S16: 1.430
Toyota MR2: 1.430
PT Cruiser: 1.320

Yep, AI car power multipliers.

Further research is being abandoned, you can thank ACTA for this.

Nevermind, research is still going.

Last edited:
Where did all the pictures go?

I removed them in a panic when I heard recent ACTA news, thinking it was coming into effect immediately.

Then I realised it hasn't, so all that for nothing. My bad. I'll re-upload them soon.

I removed them in a panic when I heard recent ACTA news, thinking it was coming into effect immediately.

Then I realised it hasn't, so all that for nothing. My bad. I'll re-upload them soon.

The whole ACTA/SOPA/PIPA saga is a joke. 👎

Will you upload them here or in another topic?

So, this ACTA/PIPA bulls*it applies even to that things ?!

My godness. Wheres the freedom? Utopic movies like Vendetta has come to reality. :-(

My godness. Wheres the freedom? Utopic movies like Vendetta has come to reality. :-(

Off-topic: Sad, but true. :nervous: Eventually, the Bill of Rights would just be another piece of paper. :banghead:

On-Topic: So, Xenn, is there anything more interesting than the STTRREEEEEEECCCCCHHHH photo you posted up there?:lol:

Off-topic: Sad, but true. :nervous: Eventually, the Bill of Rights would just be another piece of paper. :banghead:

On-Topic: So, Xenn, is there anything more interesting than the STTRREEEEEEECCCCCHHHH photo you posted up there?:lol:

I did find some cars that may have ended up being unused...in euro versions that is.

Can anyone clarify that the F/XXX formula one cars are in the NTSC version? All I was able to get correctly appearing was the Polyphony001 and Polyphony002.

I did find some cars that may have ended up being unused...in euro versions that is.

Can anyone clarify that the F/XXX formula one cars are in the NTSC version? All I was able to get correctly appearing was the Polyphony001 and Polyphony002.

Yeah, they do appear in NTSC as F/XXX. Some of them (I don't remember all of them :P) are: F/090S, F/687S, F/094H, and a whole bunch of others...

Yeah, they do appear in NTSC as F/XXX. Some of them (I don't remember all of them :P) are: F/090S, F/687S, F/094H, and a whole bunch of others...

Interesting, I do wonder why these aren't in the euro versions.

Well...technically they are, but their car body has been removed.

Anyway Xenn do you have BD-ROM ? I'm wondering about GT5 files.

The problem with GT5 is, the files are installed into the Hard Drive. It'll be difficult to take them out of it.

Okay, but GT1-4 werent installed , and you still can dig the interesting things, i dont understand. Another file format (maybe packed) is used for GT5 ?

Also i notice that you deleted your Youtube videos. If not all, at least the one with my drive with Audi TT :-(

Okay, but GT1-4 werent installed , and you still can dig the interesting things, i dont understand. Another file format (maybe packed) is used for GT5 ?

Also i notice that you deleted your Youtube videos. If not all, at least the one with my drive with Audi TT :-(

The files could still be on the GT5 disc, i'm not sure as I don't have a BD-ROM drive yet.

My youtube page was removed because of my panic over ACTA news, i'll be making a new account soon to upload new videos.

Remember, GT1-4 are on a CD. It's codes are easier to read from a CD. Since GT5 is in an Hard Drive, there is no (possible.... maybe) way to pass it from a USB to a PC.

But isn't it like that the whole youtube automatically gets banned instead of you ? Even if the youtube cannot possibly make sure, that nobody will upload videos with copyrights and so.

I also doubt that PD or Sony will sue you for uploading videos from 10 year old games.
(don't know what else you have had on your account.

Remember, GT1-4 are on a CD. It's codes are easier to read from a CD. Since GT5 is in an Hard Drive, there is no (possible.... maybe) way to pass it from a USB to a PC.

Yes, but you can still put GT5 game (Blu-ray) disc with GT5 game files in your PC with BD-ROM. And that was my question, but Xenn doesnt have one, so for now the question is not relevant yet. And sort of off topic, but in GT5 forum are so MANY topics.

But isn't it like that the whole youtube automatically gets banned instead of you ? Even if the youtube cannot possibly make sure, that nobody will upload videos with copyrights and so.

I also doubt that PD or Sony will sue you for uploading videos from 10 year old games.
(don't know what else you have had on your account.

All other videos I had apart from the GT videos, were from other old games.

I must've been doing something right that I was allowed to go over the 10 minute limit, haha.

Back