Xenn's GT4 Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 505 comments
thats from GT:HD Classic (a game that was supposed to be a downloadable game based on the GT4 engine but was cancelled.)

This.

I believe it was scrapped so they could prioritise GT5.

0c70416707.jpg
18f32de895.jpg

No demos out there?

For GTHD Classic? GTHD would probably be the closest thing, though it's download-only (and not even available anymore unless you previously downloaded it) which means it'd be a lot harder to pull apart and see what kind of hidden stuff it might have tucked away in there.

Though due to it being download-only, I'd imagine it also doesn't have a whole lot of extraenous unused bits anyway.

I see. I was happy just to play it though.

That makes me think though, if anyone has any links to any GT demos I can try to analyse them like I did GT3.

Yeah, the GT:HD discs are pretty damn rare outside of Japan.

The only way to get a copy is to hope someone who imported one lists it for sale somewhere or try and find a copy on Yahoo Auctions Japan, they don't show up that often there either. :lol:

Might have to scour Akihabara to see if I can't find myself a copy. Hopefully I get lucky.

Hey Xenn, to go along with my GT PSP "Simulation Mode" series, do you think you can get the icons for the tracks as well? For the Sunday Cup, I need Autumn Ring Mini Reverse, Beginner Course, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley East Reverse and Motegi West.

Hey Xenn, to go along with my GT PSP "Simulation Mode" series, do you think you can get the icons for the tracks as well? For the Sunday Cup, I need Autumn Ring Mini Reverse, Beginner Course, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley East Reverse and Motegi West.

Pay a visit to this thread. :)

This is a great thread, I just spent a few minutes looking through it and its crazy how much stuff was added or changed during development. I wish they kept the beta version of Grand Canyon with the tarmac section though, its a lot of fun to transition between tarmac and gravel like that, unfortunately if I want to play it I have to boot up the 2004 Special Edition Toyota Demo and use that crazy Toyota Triathlon thing which I cannot drive whatsoever :lol:

6900792a89.jpg

69403447e1.jpg

Have found something like more hidden words on textures :)
I was looking at the beautiful Alfa-Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale To draw some blueprints and on the rear bumper texture I found some words that I can't see on the car in the game
(Orico(???) and something on the top)
zk4qo8.png

I was looking at the beautiful Alfa-Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale To draw some blueprints and on the rear bumper texture I found some words that I can't see on the car in the game
zk4qo8.png

HTB1yIS3FVXXXXarXXXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg

orico-usb-3-hub-932x414.jpg

ORICO Seems to be a Electrical Company. it may be an Easter Egg on sponsoring.

HTB1yIS3FVXXXXarXXXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg

orico-usb-3-hub-932x414.jpg

ORICO Seems to be a Electrical Company. it may be an Easter Egg on sponsoring.
To me, the letter spacing is a bit off, and I think there should be something before the visible ORICO, but that aside, there seems to be a very solid relationship between this ORICO and the one on the plate of the Giulia.

EDIT: Some Google seaching later, I found that ORICO is an Asian company, primarily based in China. There is no English Wikipedia page on it.

Last edited:
zk4qo8.png
Can you add the rest of the textures of the Alfa? The menu backgrounds would be great too!:)

I always wondered why is HPA Golf R32 cheaper than stock one. I think that HPA is so good for it's price that it may be a mistake made by PD.

Copied from Post #10957322, slightly edited to exclude requirement of context from other posts in the thread where the aforementioned post resides and to further guarantee clarity.
Reason: Very few sources explain the proper location and existence of some morse on the Nike One 2022, so this goes here to this thread because it's relevant and makes it clear where all of the morse on said vehicle exists. This has already been clarified by the artist himself, however the lack of upkeep of facts on Gran Turismo 4's Wikipedia page (and other places) led to its rediscovery by me. Whoever wrote the page didn't try to make sure he was right.
Pre-edit Wikipedia
The 2022 Nike ONE has Morse code on the right hand side of the car. When reversed, this reads "www.phil-frank.com", the artist commissioned to design this car for GT4. There is also some Morse code visible on the inside of all four tires, but it is not decipherable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I can see,theese are all the textures of the Nike ONE which have some sort of morse on them.
Enjoy decrypting:lol:
From top-left, left-to-right:

Both sides of the vehicle, very large and obvious clump of morse documented everywhere.
www.Phil-Frank.com (if you ignore punctuation it becomes "wwwephiltfrankecom", but you can see that the punctuation dots and dash are slightly larger than every other dit and dot)

Very undocumented bit of morse on the vehicle body near the rear tyres.
PFD

Inward side of all tyres, loops around them.
WFDPFDE (implied PFDPFD)

Same area as photo 2
PFD

Tyre morse has to be mirrored because it has a nonexistent "character" that becomes a "D" when mirrored. Joining "W" and "E" makes a "P", implied by how "PFD" seems to be a recurring pattern in the last 3 (probably Phil Frank Design, judging by the website the first morse leads to).

EDIT: "The Nike One 2022 was designed (...) for Gran Turismo 3 (...)" What?

Last edited:
Wow...

Now I'm curious if any other cars from GT4 were meant for GT3. The Motor Triathlon Race Car maybe?

Wow...

Now I'm curious if any other cars from GT4 were meant for GT3. The Motor Triathlon Race Car maybe?

The Triathlon was made in 2004, cars from the Concept series beginning from 2000 may have been suggested for inclusion, although they were used for GT Concept such as the Toyota Pod.

This may be old news, but I found an error when I first got the game. In simulation mode, if you go to the World Circuits , there will be a description missing for Suzuka West. Instead it will read something along the lines of "CRSinfo_suzukawst". Anyone know what is the missing description?

This may be old news, but I found an error when I first got the game. In simulation mode, if you go to the World Circuits , there will be a description missing for Suzuka West. Instead it will read something along the lines of "CRSinfo_suzukawst". Anyone know what is the missing description?
Now that certainly is old news I'm afraid. The PAL version has it fixed. Not sure the exact details. The funny thing is I'm just about to start researching this game myself. Just about to search the cars like I did in GT3. I didn't find anything new that time, but I believe it is very similar or the same as how Xenn searches.

Been messing around with PSound lately and I have found some leftovers from GT4 Prologue still on the disc. Is their a VOL extractor for GT4? I would like to inspect it a little closer.

Been messing around with PSound lately and I have found some leftovers from GT4 Prologue still on the disc. Is their a VOL extractor for GT4? I would like to inspect it a little closer.

You can extract GT4 with the GT3 extractor, worked for me before. 👍

Latest Posts

Back