XMB PS3 Theme Editor - Tutorials, Downloads, User Submission.

• Thread starter Pako
  • 39 comments
I did, doesn't work (with the mime file type/files uploaded on the web) :'[

woops somoene already mentioned that you made your theme folder plural 'themes'

Any I had to figure out by myself that you are suppose to put the xml file and the picture files in the same folder as the .exe then it will work now I have my own themes

I did, doesn't work (with the mime file type/files uploaded on the web) :'[

well, all in all it doesn't sound that difficult...

make the proper folders on the memory card then copy them to the ps3.
while I'm at it I'll go ahead and make the other relevant folders on the drive that I keep plugged into the ps3

Yes i know, it works perfectly with the usb stick... but things could be a bit easier for the general people if you could just install it from the ps3 web browser :)

Your Folder under the PS3 Folder appears to be named THEMES.
Digital-Nitrate's Folder is named THEME. Perhaps all you need to do is rename your Folder to THEME.
Hey... I didn't even notice he had added a "S" on the end. 👍

Although this doesn't explain why he also couldn't see his photos... although maybe he added an "S" to PICTURE as well?

It's an easy mistake to make, as normally you'd label a folder as being plural when it is holding multiple files.

Hey... I didn't even notice he had added a "S" on the end. 👍

Although this doesn't explain why he also couldn't see his photos... although maybe he added an "S" to PICTURE as well?

It's an easy mistake to make, as normally you'd label a folder as being plural when it is holding multiple files.

I was making the same mistake with the psp for the longest time and when I went through recently to transfer my old files onto my new psp slim (new 4 gig card too) I found many "lost" files that never ended up in the correct folder but were wasting space nonetheless...

Your Folder under the PS3 Folder appears to be named THEMES.
Digital-Nitrate's Folder is named THEME. Perhaps all you need to do is rename your Folder to THEME.

Yeah, that will probably be it then..*Embrassed*

And DN I probably did call my "Pictures" folder Pictures too, I must have done it by instinct. I'll try this in a bit. Hopefully it'll work this time!

In light of the Version 2.0 update with the possibility of custom PS3 theme's, I thought it appropriate to start a theme thread.

User submitted themes are welcome. If you need a place to host the theme, send me a PM.

Theme Download Links:

[*]Motor Storm

The MotorStorm link is dead.

I have a question about themes that have multiple backgrounds.

Is it possible to manually select which backgrounds that come with a theme instead of it randomly selecting one for you?

I looked over the PS3's XMB manual under Theme Settings, and it makes no mention on if it's possible, or how to do this.

I know I can copy any pic from the XMB's Photo menu or from an external drive into a wallpaper, and then assign it as the background of any theme... but as you can only have one pic assigned as the wallpaper, it's not at all a convenient way to cycle through multiple backgrounds for a theme. It would be nice if you could manually cycle through the multiple backgrounds that come with many of the themes.

Is this possible, or are we stuck having to just hope the background we want will be randomly selected?

BTW: This thread was not so easy to dig up... any chance it can get the sticky treatment?

Back