Xploder HDTV Player for Playstation 2 w/GT3

Anyone tried this on 480p with GT3? It is it a significant improvement over the default 480i? Does the game still run well graphically as far as frame rate and otherwise?

no idea but i have noticed great graphics on ps2 using an svideo cable and elgato game capture connected to tv via hdmi.

Anyone tried this on 480p with GT3? It is it a significant improvement over the default 480i? Does the game still run well graphically as far as frame rate and otherwise?

I just answered my own question. Purchased Xploder HDTV, brand new, inserted the pristine disk into my slim PS2. Selected 480p, removed the disk, inserted GT3 and pressed start (all per the instructions) and got nothing - a blank screen. Tried several times - nothing. GT3 is listed as compatible on the Xploder web site but it does not work on my late model PS2 slim with the game. I'll will be returning it for a refund.

I am currently using the following high quality component video cable to connect the PS2 to my LG 42" LED TV and home theater sound system.
Playstation 3 Monster GameLink Kit

Will soon have a Monoprice Component & S/PDIF Digital Audio to HDMI Converter

GT3 looks good on my TV but I wanted to see if 480p was an improvement over 480i.

no idea again sorry, but things like that never work for me. try reconnecting everything and turning everything off and on again. then try contacting the manufacturer

i thought interlaced was better than progressive though. could be wrong.

I can't help but brag, i've gotten gt to run at 576i using the elgato

that ps3 kit uses 24k gold!

Back