Yegor's Sim-Rig (YSR): From Start to Finish

• Thread starter yegor
  • 67 comments
Yegor, loved reading your story and applaud your fine work.
Very eye catching and superb level of finish, indeed your commitment is evident throughout.👍

Hope it brings you great enjoyment.

Your beautiful furniture doubles as a racing rig.....clever ;)
High level build and finish...a class above. 👍

Yegor, loved reading your story and applaud your fine work.
Very eye catching and superb level of finish, indeed your commitment is evident throughout.👍

Hope it brings you great enjoyment.

Mr Latte, thank you very much!

Do you know what's funny guys? I barely had a two to three hour session with this rig and almost the entire time spent on tweaking the CSR Elite's settings, so for the rest of the time the rig is parked next to the wall wrapped in blankets to protect it from my daughter's cats, as they are very interested in it :)

Last edited:
Yegor, that is an amazing build and a pleasure to read your story and watch it evolve in pictures. You mention your MKVI GTI as the template for the ergonomic relationship between the wheels and pedals etc in your design; from the look of your slide show, you've also managed to match the build quality of your MKVI too!! :drool:

How did it come up weight wise, I can see its on castors, is it easy to move around? Also, now you've gone through the process, is there anything that you would change or do differently?

Congratulations again. :)

I just added another gallery. Please, try that one instead.

Thank you yegor, I finally managed to see the photos (I suppose It was an anti virus - firewall problem) and I have to say that you did a great job indeed!
You do have skills!!!👍
I wish you endless pleasure, riding your new cockpit.

One thing that surely differentiate your rig is the system that supports your wheel. Doesn't it impede the movement of your knees (seems to be a bit bulky) and causes the wheel to stand very high? (Dοn't get me wrong, I don't criticize your work, contrary I admire it and trying to derive valuable experience for my own constructions.)
Does this system supports tilt and forward-backward movement for the wheel?

I am working now on a new (PVC) cockpit which Ι aspire to make it versatile and ultra adjustable that even includes the ability to easily change from a normal, to a formula 1 driving position.
My current (GT3RS)cockpit is beautiful (to my eyes) but lacks of many adjustability possibilities and that's why I'm aiming now to that factor.
Unfortunately adaptability and beauty seems to be inversely related things, but looks like you have done extremely well on both! At least your cockpits GF approval factor is enormous high!👍

Last edited:
One thing that surely differentiate your rig is the system that supports your wheel. Doesn't it impede the movement of your knees (seems to be a bit bulky) and causes the wheel to stand very high? (Dοn't get me wrong, I don't criticize your work, contrary I admire it and trying to derive valuable experience for my own constructions.)
Does this system supports tilt and forward-backward movement for the wheel?

Hi Mars, thank you very much for your feedback.

Mounting the CSR Elite on the steering column was another time consuming process. I initially designed the structure for GT2, then converted it. Half of the bulk is added by the CSR's metal bracket. I wanted to eliminated it, but then couldn't solve how to achieve the wheel base angle I needed. Mounting the column itself under certain angle didn't work too, as it was interfering with pedals in that case, so the current solution was the most optimal as it was too late to alter any structural part on the rig.

It doesn't impede at all the movements of my knees and I am 5.11, not even of a person 6.6' tall. It is almost in the same relation as of sitting in a real car. The wheel can be perfectly positioned without compromising anything.

However, I will definitely redesign that section in the next build by probably creating my own solution of a one-lock mechanism.

...How did it come up weight wise, I can see its on castors, is it easy to move around? Also, now you've gone through the process, is there anything that you would change or do differently?

Jasr, thanks a lot!

I don't know how much it weighs, but it's heavy, I am assuming more than 100-120 pounds, however it's not an issue, as the casters allow it to move very easily in any direction and because of solid weight, no brakes required for casters while in use.

In terms of improvements... yes there are several aspects to be definitely considered and redesigned. For the future project I will simplify the structure as much as possible, redesign the wheel mounting section, mount the accelerator pedal on the floor and reverse mount the clutch and brake only. I will also experiment with composite plastic board instead of MDF and polish the overall design with added delicate elements to look even better.

Wow this build is insane, a whole new level! Its so clean and modern looking, matches the wheel perfectly.. Awesome build!

This is just incredible. I can't even imagine the pleasure of just sitting in such a masterpiece. The shapes, the materials, the colors, the alignment of the different parts, everything is perfect ! You can be proud of your work, i think that everyone here would dream of having such a wonderful rig at home ...

I have a question, where did you find those Sparco pedals ? This is exactly what i need to replace the pedals from my CSP (they are way too big). Thanks !

This is just incredible. I can't even imagine the pleasure of just sitting in such a masterpiece. The shapes, the materials, the colors, the alignment of the different parts, everything is perfect ! You can be proud of your work, i think that everyone here would dream of having such a wonderful rig at home ...

I have a question, where did you find those Sparco pedals ? This is exactly what i need to replace the pedals from my CSP (they are way too big). Thanks !

Dahlsim, thank you very much!

They are Sparco 03787BRI Pedal Set Grip Polished. I bought the set from Amazon for around $70, but I checked at other stores, you can buy them for less.

I repolished them as didn't like the factory work, you can see the difference in one of the pictures. The factory finish was uneven and with scratches.

Last edited:
WOW that looks absolutly fantastic! im normally not that interested in how a sim rig looks but this one looks sooo sooo good

Thank you guys! Overall the rig held very well over the two-year usage. The vinyl glue didn't hold well at several places, but nothing major, mostly under the orange stripes on the back of the right panel. Our cats damaged the top panel, but this is mostly due to our dog not doing her job of "watcher" well :) I am going to repair it as soon as I find time.

Back