Yet Another ONLINE UPDATE - New Events

Disappointing I must say. I liked the races 2-3 updates ago were the best, since then it's been going downhill.

PP's should be the only thing governing our tunes.

Can anyone give a full list of changes for those of us not at home?

i really dont liek the update because the pp600 pp500 races are now rubbish my new car can now not win a thing change it back please!!!!!!!

it's on page 2

lol your killing me.. I just want to race !!

OK here is what you have to look forward to tonight when you get home... better call the wife and tell her to go to the movies....:

Beginners:
Golf V GTI HSR
Cappuccino Tuned Eiger
Mini Cooper S Suzuka
Clio HSR
Elise 111r Daytone Rd
NSX Suzuka
Evo X Fuji
Ferrari (no model listed) HSR Rev
Amuse S2000 Suzuka
Corvette Z06 Tuned Daytone Speedway
GTR Fuji Speedway F

Intermediate:
PP700:
HSR
HSR Rev
Daytona Speedway
Daytona Road
Suzuka

Expert:
PP500:
HSR
Daytona Rd
Suzuka standing start

PP600
Suzuka standing start
HSR
Fuji Spedway F

PP750
HSR
Daytona Speedway
Suzuka standing start
F2007 HSR Rev
F2007 Fuji

Time Trials: (All Pro)
RX7 Eiger
Evo X Eiger
F40 Eiger
GT-R Eiger
Corvette Z06 Tuned Eiger
Amuse S2000 Eiger
F2007 Eiger

** edit the Fuji race is also a standing start

and thats the lot.. not sure what restrictions there are other than already mentioned 600PP class has S2 tyres only. : )
500PP class has N3 tyre restrictions

i really dont liek the update because the pp600 pp500 races are now rubbish my new car can now not win a thing change it back please!!!!!!!

Earlier today I would've agreed with you but after a fun afternoon of 600PP round Suzuka in a de-tuned F430 with S2s, I'm eating my previous words. Its a great challenge with the tyre restrictions although the number of 4wd cars waiting in line to ram you has reached epic proportions now.

No more stomping the accelerator; its all careful feathering. A proper skill booster, you just need patience. Alot of it mind you - the grid starts can be chaos into turn 1.

I'm actually kind of excited about the tire restrictions in 500pp races. I had been using my GTI in those and never had better than S3 tires on it so I could get enough power to push past that unfixable fifth gear and actualy use sixth.

And seeing a GTI only race in the Beginner events, I may venture in there some. I haven't done beginner since my first time online.

Had a go on the new 500 and 600 pro events today and noticed that the catch up is much weaker, maybe even off. Has anyone else noticed, or is it just my imagination?

It's your imagination, it's still very present. ;) Just got sandtrapped on Suzuka and did some laps 5 seconds under my usual times. :P

Its just more difficult to take advantage of the catch up on less grippy tires as you still need to be careful on the throttle etc. If anything more careful on the throttle if the boost is on your side.

Well, I had a few races tonight on Expert 600pp Suzuka and it seems two things are apparent.

1. It's turned basically into a two make race series Impreza's vs Evo's

2. Being punted into turn 1 is now obligatory.

I'm sure things will calm down and better drivers than me will be able to make the NSX-R, Clio, and other RWD's work but for now it's all a bit unpleasant :yuck:

I'm seeing victory lane regularly in my Tii and Z, even with a dodgy gear setting on my Tii, 3rd gear = death! :lol:

Have a play with your tii settings.. this car is strong and the gears can really work well around suzuka.. you should be setting it up to hold 3rd or 4th (depending on your preference) all the way through the Esses..

Regs,
888 Tuning

Right, I've had a bash at Suzuka 500PP, my usual haunt.

For old time's sake, I used my Elise. I did a number of free runs first to get used to it, and my overriding impression was that of slowness. Because the new restrictions can't be used on tyres, they have to be used on weight and/or power. I get the impression the PP for each car has been reset too, as the car now makes 500PP with the same specs as before, just without being able to use racing tyres. Because you can't use racing tyres, the car has no speed (like before) but now with no momentum either because it's so difficult to carry the speed through the corner. Not only that, but the lack of drive means once you get into a drift, you can't really power out like you could before, so again you don't carry much forward momentum.

Into the race, and I could beat peopleon corners (as before) but with the lack of corner exit speed I was just getting decimated on the straights by Integras and the like, with my puny 130-ish bhp. So, my favourite fun 500PP car ruined by the new tyre regs.

Next I tried a FWD car, the Mini. This was one of the quickest before, and it proved quick still, only with a vast reduction in corner speed. 130R used to be taken around 118mph (at least this was the speed I always saw when I'd stopped concentrating on hitting the apex), now it's down to 100-odd. You can still make progress by being smooth, but the fun has gone now knowing that if you miss your braking point a little you have to slow down even more, rather than flicking it in. So, one of the fastest FWD cars ruined.

Next, a 4WD car. I bought a Delta Integrale because I hadn't seen any in the previous races, which I thought strange. Did a free run, completely standard settings but 500PP tune, and it out handled the Elise and Mini immediately, but was actually slower than both. A bit of adjustment and it matched their times. Now to the race. This was much more competitive and easier to drive, more forgiving - but still no fun. I stayed in 1st for a couple of laps and then got passed, and then got nudged off the circuit, by someone I can probably forgive as he seemed to be experiencing the same chronic understeer as everyone else now the N3 tyres are in place. I fought my way back to second and then remained about a second behind the leading Integra to the flag. Both of us were clearly struggling. So, a rally icon ruined.

A while back I defended the 500PP from someone calling it "slow". I'm afraid to report, that now it really is just slow. It used to have fantastic and close racing, now it's full of people struggling and expanded fields. I'm sure this will improve as people get used to it, but I have to say this is the worst update to GT5P so far. I'm going to try 600PP tomorrow and see if it's any better.

OK so I spend some time at suzuka 600 with the new the new set up and I have to say it was cool I really enjoyed speding some time slightly sideways. It is a lot more challenging and it takes a lot more skill. With that said all the goobers that drive evo's and wrx's are going to have more success, these same people are usually the same people that would turn this game into demolition derby. Before I could get some distance between us and have a safe clean race. So my prediction is its gonna get a lot dirtier. So most of my time is going to be spend with the 750's...................

Had a go on suzuka tonite and it's damn weird. Went safe bet with the 4wd evo and, even then it was like driving a supercar but in slow motion. Still not sure if I like it or not. Noticed an NSX took first place in one race tho so I might give that a tryout tomorrow.

Right, I've had a bash at Suzuka 500PP, my usual haunt.

For old time's sake, I used my Elise. I did a number of free runs first to get used to it, and my overriding impression was that of slowness. Because the new restrictions can't be used on tyres, they have to be used on weight and/or power. I get the impression the PP for each car has been reset too, as the car now makes 500PP with the same specs as before, just without being able to use racing tyres. Because you can't use racing tyres, the car has no speed (like before) but now with no momentum either because it's so difficult to carry the speed through the corner. Not only that, but the lack of drive means once you get into a drift, you can't really power out like you could before, so again you don't carry much forward momentum.

Actully the cars in GT5p have the same speed on each tyres, topspeed that is of course :)
I really enjoy the 500 and 600 now, more than with R tyres 👍

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but my PS3 seems to have a bit more trouble with the online races now.
I'm not quite sure but i think there's a bit of slowdown (at least with the standing starts.

Maybe i'm just getting faster, need my medication ;)

OK so I spend some time at suzuka 600 with the new the new set up and I have to say it was cool I really enjoyed speding some time slightly sideways. It is a lot more challenging and it takes a lot more skill. With that said all the goobers that drive evo's and wrx's are going to have more success, these same people are usually the same people that would turn this game into demolition derby. Before I could get some distance between us and have a safe clean race. So my prediction is its gonna get a lot dirtier. So most of my time is going to be spend with the 750's...................
Geez, prejudiced much? Not all of us who like driving the STi are "goobers" and turn races into a demolition derby. There were quite a few bashers driving Tuned Clios before, too.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but my PS3 seems to have a bit more trouble with the online races now.
I'm not quite sure but i think there's a bit of slowdown (at least with the standing starts.

Maybe i'm just getting faster, need my medication ;)

I noticed a lot of that last night at Fuji with it dropping frame rate when 6 or 7 cars are all trying to get around the turn 1 hairpin.

In my opinion, I love the new updated list of events. Good to see more standing starts (rolling starts just annoy the hell out of me), and the tyre restrictions only make things more interesting. It’s much more difficult to control, and you need to be more awake for an online race. Best thing of all, the n00bs racing in ‘Professional’ races (where they clearly don’t belong in the first place) all crash and burn, allowing the more skillful drivers to lead the race. Also, I see a lot more people using the maximum PP limit, now that there are more standing starts… which is nice.

What's a matter? Did the goobers hand your ass to you and you did'nt take it to well? :sly:

Geez, prejudiced much? Not all of us who like driving the STi are "goobers" and turn races into a demolition derby. There were quite a few bashers driving Tuned Clios before, too.

Chriso hey I know what you mean you and I have had plenty of clean battles and you are a very clean and talented driver. It just seams than every time I am punted off the road an evo or sti flies by me. Rmk700 I still haven't had my ass handed to me and I do remember kicking your ass pretty much every time I have raced against you so I would ask you kindly to hushhhh...

I had fun on the S2's in 600PP but no daytona road for 600PP is crap, at least we go fuji I like that track. The standing starts are awsome I hope they do more of that.

I like the update. Seems to seperate the drivers from the punters. Although, it made my favorite car, the tuned Clio, even more of a handfull. But I think i've found a new replacement, one that was "iffy" before...

Actully the cars in GT5p have the same speed on each tyres, topspeed that is of course :)

You misunderstood me - I know the cars are as quick, but because it's so much slower through the corners, you don't have anywhere near the same momentum onto the straights, so the whole game feels in slow motion.

I don't think the racing is as close now - each time I've ran at the front it's been with one other driver, instead of three or four like often happened with R3 tyres.

PP600 is better than PP500 now, because at least the cars retain*some* grip. I even managed to win a race in the Viper. I reckon with a good setup the viper might be one of the top PP600 cars now.

I do like the standing starts, much better than the rolling starts were.

But still, thumbs down from me for removing the slick tyre option. Too much trying to keep control of the car and not enough actual racing.

I don't think the racing is as close now - each time I've ran at the front it's been with one other driver, instead of three or four like often happened with R3 tyres.

maybe the rubberbanding/ online boost has gone which is a good thing

Unfortunately I think it's still there because it's still possible to do faster laps from the back than it is from the front. It's just now even if you're behind there's not really enough grip to make up in certain areas of the circuit which R3 tyres would have allowed.

Back