Yet Another ONLINE UPDATE - New Events

You misunderstood me - I know the cars are as quick, but because it's so much slower through the corners, you don't have anywhere near the same momentum onto the straights, so the whole game feels in slow motion.

I don't think the racing is as close now - each time I've ran at the front it's been with one other driver, instead of three or four like often happened with R3 tyres..

But still, thumbs down from me for removing the slick tyre option. Too much trying to keep control of the car and not enough actual racing.

About corner speeds, i think its way more realistic now at least it feels more REAL to me... I just love the N3 tires, so sorry i don't get your point really ?
Also I yet to see any boost maybe its still there, but much weaker, which is a very good thing 👍

I wonder why nobody seems to drive Daytona Road Course though?
:confused:

Hmm, interesting...Does the use of more and more 4wd cars and the lack of grip available from having to use S rather than R tyres illustrate how much of a joke GT5:P's so called pro physics actually are?

There's plenty of grip available for RWD cars, just need a good set up.

Most of the drivers on GT5P arent hardcore petrol heads, there's just nothing better on ps3 right now so they stick with GT5 in easy to drive cars like the AWDs.

Don't think it's the physics so much as the impossibility to apply partial throttle consistently with the pad that's the problem.

It's a bit of a shame really.... I almost always used NSX/M3 when 600 races were on R3's, but switched to an Evo X/Scooby last night as whilst I could still ultimately run quicker single laps in the NSX on S2's in free run, I couldn't run those times consistently in a race.

The Evo X and Scooby actually feet like cheating as they have so much traction - even on S2's, once set up right there's no wheelspin, and all you really need to do is slow down enough to get the nose pointed at the apex, then stamp on the gas.

Well as Vagabond witnessed my F430 is only fractionally slower off the line. Its all about the camber and toe. The Amuse/Opera Z and F430 get alot of grip without much effort.

I'm yet to truly find other grippy cars, but my Tii Concept runs well also.

I use triggers for the throttle to help control it and braking.

There's plenty of grip available for RWD cars, just need a good set up.

Most of the drivers on GT5P arent hardcore petrol heads, there's just nothing better on ps3 right now so they stick with GT5 in easy to drive cars like the AWDs.

I'm not a hardcore petrol head but I am a hardcore GT fan. I fail in continent-sized chunks when it comes to tuning. By the time I'd managed a decent setup (which I would eventually) PD would have changed the events again. Fortunately there are people online who do tune ups for idiots like me.

About corner speeds, i think its way more realistic now at least it feels more REAL to me... I just love the N3 tires, so sorry i don't get your point really ?
Also I yet to see any boost maybe its still there, but much weaker, which is a very good thing 👍

I wonder why nobody seems to drive Daytona Road Course though?
:confused:

I don't think it feels more realistic. Have you driven a car on a circuit before? I've driven a Mini Cooper, race prepped, on cut slicks. The grip from even these tyres was amazing once they'd warmed up. I think the R3 tyres provided similar sensations, though obviously more so because R3 are GT's equivalent of full slicks. However, the jump down to standard tyres is unrealistic because even if you drive smoothly you can't get around the massive wheelspin.

At the end of the day GT is a simulation but it's also a game - games are supposed to be fun, and battling understeer forces in a tuned hatchback that isn't allowed to fun on slicks isn't that fun. The racing Mini I drove had 140bhp going through it's slicks - the Mini Cooper S on the game has to deploy 200bhp+ at 500PP through standard road tyres - this is not realistic.

Oh, and I like Daytona Road but haven't had a chance to play there yet with the new regs...

Well as Vagabond witnessed my F430 is only fractionally slower off the line..

Amen to that... Jeebus! I sat there wheel spinning for 10 mins as usual, then got smashed off by the guy in the blue evo x. Then the host quit I think.. I got disconnected anyway.

But aye, that F430 of yours is nicely set up. Think mine still needs some work to beat the faster 4wds.

Obviously the partial throttle issue doesn't affect those using pedals and wheel - its more fun to push your rwd just that bit harder to see if it'll let go, lightly balancing the steering and throttle, rather than mashing the accelerator and wrenching the wheel round as is the case in the 4wds. I'm not dissing the folk who drive them.. many are obviously quite skilled but for me anyway the fun is not in choosing a car that's a guaranteed success, rather picking something fast that's a bit of a handful and needs setting up properly.

We all get different things out of this game obviously.. much depends on wheel or sixaxis use it would seem. What some see as flawed physics I see as the next best thing to real and it takes patience to develop the techniques to be competetive.

Yesterday I moaned about the new tyre restrictions. Now I'm loving it and getting a bit faster each time I race. Who wants instant success? Its like playing something in god mode. But that's just my opinion of course. (See sig :) )

Having said that, I've never raced using any of the N tyres. I can imagine that is a bit like driving on packed snow for a powerful non-4wd car. Not good... I avoid them. S tyres by comparison, offer a realistic level of grip I think, and let go only under heavy acceleration in 2wd cars, and in high speed bends with a rwd if you lift off too much.

I use a sixaxis ironically, you use a wheel vaga but we're both gettingthe job done fine.

Just takes practice, i've only had gt5 a couple weeks now.

Yesterday I moaned about the new tyre restrictions. Now I'm loving it and getting a bit faster each time I race. Who wants instant success? Its like playing something in god mode. But that's just my opinion of course. (See sig :) )

The trouble is, I was running top three before on slicks, and I'm still running top three, I'm just having much less fun :indiff:

I don't think it feels more realistic. Have you driven a car on a circuit before? I've driven a Mini Cooper, race prepped, on cut slicks.

The racing Mini I drove had 140bhp going through it's slicks - the Mini Cooper S on the game has to deploy 200bhp+ at 500PP through standard road tyres - this is not realistic.

Oh, and I like Daytona Road but haven't had a chance to play there yet with the new regs...

I know what you mean though i have much less probs using N and S, its more predictable (...i.e. it will slide lol ) Guess it suits my driving style :)
I own a sports Renault (170hp), never been driving on slicks though.(once and that was on loose gravel:crazy: ) So I can tell N, S tires feel much more like RL. Unless youre on a racecar, then R tires are the right choice indeed.
👍 for Daytona Road
Maybe we'd just agree to disagree about the tire thing?
:)

Slicks are and have been a major handicap. R's have always been way too forgiving and don't actually simulate the real handling physics of each of the cars. I find tire restrictions a major welcome addition to the online races. It really defines the line between skilled drivers or guys that just go fast.

Hat's off to Dragonistic for calling the F430. Been racing in it all afternoon and won twice! Would been 3 but the host quit when I was just turning into lap3 :grumpy:

Oodles of grip, even on my half arsed setup and I'm seeing a lot of them online already. They're fast becoming the new tuned clio.

Hat's off to Dragonistic for calling the F430. Been racing in it all afternoon and won twice! Would been 3 but the host quit when I was just turning into lap3 :grumpy:

Oodles of grip, even on my half arsed setup and I'm seeing a lot of them online already. They're fast becoming the new tuned clio.

Thanks, just landed an F430 1-2-3 with me picking up the win and my driving partner 3rd. Only real thing faster is the NSX in the right hands and the Soobs also can be very difficult to top.

Only real thing faster is the NSX in the right hands and the Soobs also can be very difficult to top.

It can be but don't let off the gas..... {slidespinsmash}

I've just been playing in the NSX and its great fun but I haven't managed to cross the finish line before running out of time yet :dunce:

It can be but don't let off the gas..... {slidespinsmash}

I've just been playing in the NSX and its great fun but I haven't managed to cross the finish line before running out of time yet :dunce:

You've seen me drive, i got trounced by one, couldnt keep up at all in my F430 and i may not be great but the guy was in a new league.

HATE the new tires but like the new line up.I used the M3 with R3 and you could still slide the arse out if you wanted to it was a lot of fun now its almost like driving on ice.The new setup is forcing me to get a wheel and chair:)(i always use X\square).

making me think about getting a wheel too, but jabbing at the throttle stick seems to be more effective than trying to hold 10% throttle or whatever
why oh why does the revs keep increasing when you are only using a little throttle
even the hud thing that shows how much accelerator is being applied doesn't move but the car still gains revs, weird

I'm doing just fine on S2s with my Sixaxis, you'll learn to modulate your throttle and steering to create the desired affect through practice.

This is bull 🤬 I can't believe that 750 PP is now the easiest to drive, and 500 PP the hardest to drive. Tyre restrictions are horse crap.

couldnt agree more i had the perfect cars for those races now ruined because of the tyres and will not work round there really annoyed

I find it troubling..

I like the tire restiction..it seems now no one can really break away from the pack. The thing I have been most concerned with is how much closer the hacks and punters have gotten to my back bumper. lol I think I have run into more idoits now than before..

I have learned a lot about each car and its ablilty. I haven't been able to drive a car at 100% since the tire restriction.. lol So..its going to mean better racing with the right people.

I give it a 7 of out 10 update.

couldnt agree more i had the perfect cars for those races now ruined because of the tyres and will not work round there really annoyed
So basically, what you're saying is that you can't tune without R3 tires? :lol: Most cars run fine on S2 tires, even the RWD.

I'm doing just fine on S2s with my Sixaxis, you'll learn to modulate your throttle and steering to create the desired affect through practice.
+1. Nothing wrong with S2s. 👍 Requires different driving: yes. Bad: no.

i like the change, i just think it has hit the people who play with controllers a lot harder then it has to the people that are using the steering wheels.

i like the change, i just think it has hit the people who play with controllers a lot harder then it has to the people that are using the steering wheels.

Nope, controller here and i find driving way more easy as with those sloppy without warning grip losing R3 tyres 👍
Remember SIM tyres on GT4? I really miss them, maybe they come back in GT5? Those felt closest to the real thing, but the controls were programmed more sensitive though...

Back