Yoshida: "Future Gran Turismo"..."Soon"

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 51 comments
United States
New York
thepatriots
Next-gen Gran Turismo: details “soon,” says Yoshida (please note this title is misleading because nothing about "next gen" is mentioned in Yoshida's quotes.

News on plans for the next generation of Gran Turismo aren’t far away, Sony Worldwide Studios chief Shuhei Yoshida has assured VG247.

Speaking in a VG247 interview that will be published later today, Yoshida said fans of the series won’t have long to wait to see first real details of what’s next for GT.

“Kazanori seems to have started talking about, so I won’t be surprised to hear more about their plans, our plans, on future Gran Turismo rather soon,” he said.

Polyphony lead Kazunori Yamauchi has been mentioning his next game more of late, calling it “Gran Turismo 6“.

He first confirmed development of a further title in the series in November 2010, just beyond the launch of Gran Turismo 5.

After a period of silence, a flurry of reports in recent months has put Polyphony back in the headlines, with Yamauchi saying in July that the studio is “always aiming for the latest technology and the latest expression.”

There are no serious details, however. It’s not even known if Gran Turismo 6 will appear on PS3 or go to next-gen, as now seems likely.

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/24956719.jpg

He doesn't say there will be details soon. Kaz is talking about it, and he wouldn't be surprised that HE would be hearing about it soon.

Any news is good news. If it is GT Vita, much to my disdain, at least it will go ahead and come out so it will be off the plates of PD's staff.

I'm hesitating to be cynical this time. They may not have, but they definitely should have learned something from the last go-round and thought about that before a statement like this was released.

So on the one hand we've got Kaz talking about looking at new technology, and on the other we've got Yoshida saying "soon".

Just hurry up and announce what bleedin' platform it's on. lol.

so on the one hand we've got kaz talking about looking at new technology, and on the other we've got yoshida saying "soon".

Just hurry up and announce what bleedin' platform it's on. Lol.

+1 So we can stop guessing which console GT6 is going on. Its getting annoying now and it feels like I'm making a fool out of myself.

Latest technology and latest expression.
It's Vita.

In after Toronado says Vita but before someone else says Vita.

Probably, I expect Sony and the GT5 Hype Train put too much pressure on him, hence why I expect him to remain tight lipped about GT6 until he is sure of when he can release it.

Could be the other way round, Sony could have told them not to say a word until they have seen the evidence themselves it's nearly ready to go this time. After all the stuff Sony people said about GT5 you have to wonder if in that time anyone actually went to PD land to see how far they were really done.

I thought Kaz was being careful on what he says about GT6's release date. More evidence to suggest that PD and Sony aren't always on the same page.

I thought Kaz was being careful on what he says about GT6's release date. More evidence to suggest that PD and Sony aren't always on the same page.
60 years of Sony bureaucracy have made it so all memos and discussions between PD need to be translated to English by Translator-san before being sent to upper management, where they are then translated back into Japanese and presented.

After seeing they "nuts" about Vita in Gamescom presentation, I believe if it's not GT Vita, it'll be GT6 with Vita Cross-play.

Yes, make it a thousand cars, in 3d, in HD1080, with PSmove support, and Vita Cross-play, and make it compatible with Sony Xperia phones, and with Bravia TVs... and with walkman.

Gran Turismo: The Real Sony Hardware Salad Sauce

As soon as we hear this, we get news about the Veloster Turbo and Genesis Coupe. The most interesting part to me is the excerpt saying "for a game to be released in the near future." I just think it's weird we've gone from nothing about GT6 to quite a few legit news stories in a month, 2 of them today.

CAM
As soon as we hear this, we get news about the Veloster Turbo and Genesis Coupe. The most interesting part to me is the excerpt saying "for a game to be released in the near future." I just think it's weird we've gone from nothing about GT6 to quite a few legit news stories in a month, 2 of them today.

It is eye-opening to say the least, but it's still far to early to start a hype train!

Back