You CANNOT trade cars worth 1,000,000 cr and over! Details within.

• Thread starter kingaraya
  • 435 comments
I never used the reset trick. I just reloaded the game from a USB stick. If I remember correctly you can exit GT5 at a certain point and the open ticket won't get saved and you can reopen it. Is that correct? At what point does the game have to be exited to make this work? Is it easier then reloading from a USB stick?

On a side note. I'm sure glad I got almost all of the race cars I wanted before this update. I can now afford to buy the few that are remaining when they show up in my UCD or OCD

I use a usb for this as well I was just throwing out the solution to his problem.

I also hate that this update has crippled a gt5 community of people interacting having fun with this game as a group. I would say trading was just a way for people who may not be good enough to win races online to still be part of an online gt5 community. There are far more people out there that like cars but lack the polish of a race driver than there are good sim drivers. I hae yet to play online due to wanting to get all of the cars in the game first. Personally I was pumped when I could run in the 1:08s (w/o cutting) at indy with my f2007 to make money and get cars but trading made the experience so much more exciting.

Shut up cry babies now its a racers game not a who do you know contest to get all 1000+ cars without leaving level one. so what if you dont get great cars like a X1 everytime you beat a race, now rare cars can be rare and you can enjoy them and instead of hearing "can you doop that to me every 5 frickin seconds. dont like it, leave, but you jsut wasted 60 dollars and time of your life.

The reason people are angry towards dupers and 'cheaters' in online races is because they are using cars which they shouldn't have. It matters a bit less if they finish at the back. Seriously I'm glad this happened.

So I got a second F2007 for my lvl24 ticket, and basically I'm stuck with it? I cannot sell it, I cannot gift it, so what can I do with it?

Arg!

share it, race it, or toss it in the trash.. those are pretty much your only options at this point.
For future reference, it really pays to read these stickied threads before you start a thread that will get you instantly flamed, such as your F2007 thread ;)

... they need more races like the tour in the special events .... It was awesome :D

agreed!! it would have been nicer if you could actually tune the cars you use, instead of just the basic options.. but I just did it again to gold it because I'm starting to get a little bored haha

share it, race it, or toss it in the trash.. those are pretty much your only options at this point.
For future reference, it really pays to read these stickied threads before you start a thread that will get you instantly flamed, such as your F2007 thread ;)
That was a brain fart. I read all the craziness about patch 1.07 when the limit was first introduced, yet I didn't have a > 1M car I wanted to get rid of then so it didn't impact me and I didn't remember. :dunce: :dopey:

ah it's all good my man, I just like to ruffle feathers :D

damn this patch, it hurts honest traders. i just want to trade my x10 now i have 2. i got the first by getting bronze in the seb vet challenge and the other from getting to 35 b spec.

pd should have thought out the prize cars a bit better.

edit... all the cars in the game that i actually really like are all realistically reachable, its not really part of the game to have all the race cars of a certain category. like if someone wants all the jgtc cars, fair enough. but when it reaches the ridiculousness of people wanting all the supras, say, and they are duping or whatever, then that sucks. they all handle around the same anyway! whats the point in making little challenges for yourself in the game that are that anal?

what are you gonna do with all your x10s now!

Last edited:
The least PD could do after this patch is to create a live trading system. But I know that will take a while (a LONG while).

I'm new to this site and forums, but not new to the game. I've been playing the game for months now and I have to say that this 1.07 patch is taking away something that I paid for ... and it is highly unacceptable.

When I bought the game and PD got my money, I could gift any (earned) car to any friend and they could do the same for me. That was a part of the game. That ability/freedom has recently been restricted, though we paid for that ability/freedom when we handed over that $50 or $60 to PD.

So, in essence, PD owes us a partial refund. I no longer have the same game that I paid for because they took away part of that game ... but they kept all of my money.

I don't care about people "duping", selling cars on Ebay, or whatever. That's not my problem. I simply want the same game with the same features that I paid for. Don't take my REAL money, then afterwards, change the rules and tell me that I can no longer give away a car because it's worth over a certain amount of PRETEND money. Do what you have to do so that people don't sell cars on Ebay, but don't restrict my game that I paid for. That's unacceptable ... and it brings to mind the word "fraud".

I want back what I paid for ... and I'm sure plenty of you out there do, too. So let's do something about it. There have been plenty of instances, similar to this, that have been the subject of class-action law suits. Seriously. You'd be surprised.

Last edited:
I'm new to this site and forums, but not new to the game. I've been playing the game for months now and I have to say that this 1.07 patch is taking away something that I paid for ... and it is highly unacceptable.

When I bought the game and PD got my money, I could gift any (earned) car to any friend and they could do the same for me. That was a part of the game. That ability/freedom has recently been restricted, though we paid for that ability/freedom when we handed over that $50 or $60 to PD.

So, in essence, PD owes us a partial refund. I no longer have the same game that I paid for because they took away part of that game ... but they kept all of my money.

I don't care about people "duping", selling cars on Ebay, or whatever. That's not my problem. I simply want the same game with the same features that I paid for. Don't take my REAL money, then afterwards, change the rules and tell me that I can no longer give away a car because it's worth over a certain amount of PRETEND money. Do what you have to do so that people don't sell cars on Ebay, but don't restrict my game that I paid for. That's unacceptable ... and it brings to mind the word "fraud".

I want back what I paid for ... and I'm sure plenty of you out there do, too. So let's do something about it. There have been plenty of instances, similar to this, that have been the subject of class-action law suits. Seriously. You'd be surprised.

Welcome to Sony Corp.
Try buying a fat lady launch system and having OtherOS taken away from you after you spent $600 dollars, and advertised to do so, but stolen away because an apple hacker excersised his right to take control over his sysetem... but in doing so he scared the giant dicatorship because they feared a kid from jersey would open the world up to pirating like it never existed, and never the intention.
CAL will never prevail with a company like Sony because of the hush money paid to the firms 'defending' the opposing clietelle.

Its horrible I cant my land rover because all my decent cars are over 1million credits it hurts so bad :( what is PD email im going to send them a complaint/sympathy letter

I say bring the limit up to 7.5 mil, this way only the top elite cars that caused this whole mess will not be available to trade, and raise the 1 trade per PS3 per day to maybe 3, again it will help curb the people that have created the max PS3 accts on their system to dupe, but will still allow say me and my brother to both be able to make a trade on the same day.

Not even close, all it did was knock out the people who are trading every color of X1, selling cars on ebay, and all that other kind of spamming cheap garbage all you dupers have been doing.

yes but most of the post in ebay were for the special vehicle codes so that part wasn't hugely effected and why is gtp's ad banner say mclaren f1 stealth for sale on ebay

I like how everyone thought at one point that you couldn't trade tickets! (only tickets for exact cars over 1 mill are restricted in this way)

Being new around here and the GT Franchise i am catching up on this stuff. However, one question. I bought the Toyota 7 Race car and was sadly very disappointed with it and blew a lot of credits on it. When i try to sell it, it says this car cannot be sold. Why is that? Surely like in Forza, i could at least get a portion of my credits back. Thanks

Being new around here and the GT Franchise i am catching up on this stuff. However, one question. I bought the Toyota 7 Race car and was sadly very disappointed with it and blew a lot of credits on it. When i try to sell it, it says this car cannot be sold. Why is that? Surely like in Forza, i could at least get a portion of my credits back. Thanks

Sorry, but there's no way you can sell that car for money.

Unfortunately, the fact that the majority of cars can't be sold is just another example of GT5's stupid game design. You could do it in all the previous GTs.

^Absolutely brilliant^, perfect arguement, exactly what my friends and I have been talking about, it really is bordering on fraud.

i'm new to this site and forums, but not new to the game. I've been playing the game for months now and i have to say that this 1.07 patch is taking away something that i paid for ... And it is highly unacceptable.

When i bought the game and pd got my money, i could gift any (earned) car to any friend and they could do the same for me. That was a part of the game. That ability/freedom has recently been restricted, though we paid for that ability/freedom when we handed over that $50 or $60 to pd.

So, in essence, pd owes us a partial refund. I no longer have the same game that i paid for because they took away part of that game ... But they kept all of my money.

I don't care about people "duping", selling cars on ebay, or whatever. That's not my problem. I simply want the same game with the same features that i paid for. Don't take my real money, then afterwards, change the rules and tell me that i can no longer give away a car because it's worth over a certain amount of pretend money. Do what you have to do so that people don't sell cars on ebay, but don't restrict my game that i paid for. That's unacceptable ... And it brings to mind the word "fraud".

I want back what i paid for ... And i'm sure plenty of you out there do, too. So let's do something about it. There have been plenty of instances, similar to this, that have been the subject of class-action law suits. Seriously. You'd be surprised.

+1

Good point, but what about the online season events which PD releases now and then?
Did you pay for these ones too?
Get real, you paid for the game but not for the updates for better or worse.
:dunce:

Good point, but what about the online season events which PD releases now and then?
Did you pay for these ones too?
Get real, you paid for the game but not for the updates for better or worse.
:dunce:

To answer your question ...

Actually, yes, I did pay for the Online Seasonal Events. It's part of the game screen menu. Whether they decide to update it with new races is totally up to PD.

I also paid for the Gift Car function just like I paid for the Sell Car function, the Switch Cars function, the A-Spec function, the B-Spec function ... and the Save function.

Now put on your little dunce hat that you dropped and go to your room.

Last edited:
I got lucky with the patch. I traded my Veyron for an x2010 carbon the day before the patch came out.:)

Personally I don't care about this patch from PD. What I do mind though is the pathetic payouts for events. At least give the honest gamers a chance to be fairly rewarded for playing the damn game.

To answer your question ...

Actually, yes, I did pay for the Online Seasonal Events. It's part of the game screen menu.

Actually, no you didn't. If you knew anything about this game, you'd know they've added as much as they've taken away. More actually.
You can't trade cars over 1 million credits. Sucks, but they can still be shared, so I could care less about the cap.
The seasonal events, however, as well as the online dealership, and remote racing were all features added AFTER the original release. It wasn't on my game menu for the first two months I had the game, nor anyone else who's owned the game since it's release. They added those features in later updates, and I'm thankful they did.
You agreed to abide all changes, for better or worse, when you bought the game.

Actually, no you didn't. If you knew anything about this game, you'd know they've added as much as they've taken away. More actually.
You can't trade cars over 1 million credits. Sucks, but they can still be shared, so I could care less about the cap.
The seasonal events, however, as well as the online dealership, and remote racing were all features added AFTER the original release. It wasn't on my game menu for the first two months I had the game, nor anyone else who's owned the game since it's release. They added those features in later updates, and I'm thankful they did.
You agreed to abide all changes, for better or worse, when you bought the game.

"My bad" on the Seasonal Events ... I was looking at the picture (of the "My Home" screen) on the inside of the manual and it looked like both the Open Lobby and Seasonal Events icons were there.

I hear you and I understand your point, but you're focusing on what they've added. Am I glad they added stuff? Of course. But, it still doesn't change the fact that they took away/restricted a feature that I (and many others) paid for.

What they did was the equivalent of saying:

"Now that we have your money ...

You will now only be able to save your game on Tuesday afternoons."

or

"You will now only be able to buy Standard cars, not Premium cars".
or

"You will now only be able to paint your cars PINK, PURPLE or LIME GREEN."

Latest Posts

Back