You know you're playing GT3 too much when...

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 241 comments
...when you get together with some of your buddies and you create a "car sound chorus", one poerson does the engine note, another the turbo, yet another the BOV, and one more for the tires squeaking...

u kno ur playing it too much wen...
(guilty of all)
u go out to radioshack and buy a Nyco Airflow Controller
u read every post on this forum
u wen out and bought gt3 new, new, new, new, new, and then used wen u cant find it new anymore
buy every car and see wut specs make it drift just right
have a big pile of road and rally games for ps2 and xbox but prefer gt3 overall..time after time
tell ur frends u cant goto the party because (dont reall have a reason to cover up that u want to play gt3)
figure out how old this post is wen u post on it...
download every drift video on gtplanet and save them to watch again later..
wen u read the first gt video game book on drifting (mine came with it) and then realize the america is very late on the drifting phenomenon, then get mad about it
u go out and find a used FC3S and pursuade to the owner its a pos and u want to take it off there hands...
then leave thier property drifting around the corner the first time u drive it
win all enduro races - and tehn get suprised wen u notice 4-5 f/series in ur garage
wen u buy gt3 for the 8th time and then wen u go and open ur tray it opens and then it wont close because it broke...then go out and buy a new ps2 the next day..tehn realize how much gt3 u played on ur 5 year old ps2
and how many diffrent versions of gt3 (greatest hits and original) had been in it...and cant remember wut ur first car was...knowing it was a miata or a trueno
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then u copy and paste this from notepad as u had jotted down readin this post...noting what ppl missed...
this forum is 2 years, 4 months and 1 day old as of mi post

Originally posted by Impreza STi
...when you get together with some of your buddies and you create a "car sound chorus", one poerson does the engine note, another the turbo, yet another the BOV, and one more for the tires squeaking...

hehe, that one's been played in many a pub where I'm from. :embarrassed:

(You "jotted down" what you've missed by actually not reading all the posts.)

b.t.w. now I know what "Jotting" means:

"Finding the most awkward phonetic combinations to form a would-be sentence without punctiation, because you are using your celphone to reply to this forum through SMS"

Sorry, just irritated by people who don't take the time and care to make their posts human-readble.

Originally posted by RVDNuT374
You've been running the Monaco Enduro for 8 hrs and still have 19 laps to go. :lol:

And Ive been racing myself, but some reason, I hear the crowd go,"RVD, GOD DAMNIT TURN AROUND!" And yet, you still are in second.:lol:

Originally posted by Rolfje
(You "jotted down" what you've missed by actually not reading all the posts.)

b.t.w. now I know what "Jotting" means:

"Finding the most awkward phonetic combinations to form a would-be sentence without punctiation, because you are using your celphone to reply to this forum through SMS"

Sorry, just irritated by people who don't take the time and care to make their posts human-readble.

I'm sorry, I did not think that spelling and puncuation was an issue here. I will try and make my posts more "human-readble" (or was it human-readable?) in the future.

And just because:
Jotted: To write down briefly or hastily.

LOL!!! This is the funniest post ever... ...I usually never post here, but have been reading this forum for over a year now. My favorite thing to do at work.. :)

Here is my two cents:

...when your living room table has two big holes on it (to mount your momo)
...your PC has a 900Mb folder called GT3/GT4 vids

And finally: (sorry for the big picture)
...you play any other driving game than GT3, this happens:

feikki.jpg

-Koira

Alright heres a new one. I went food shopping with my mom and i used the carraige to drift al around the tore and the more food there was the harder it was to drift..FUN STUFF YOU SHOULD TRY IT

Originally posted by Lamboracer
Alright heres a new one. I went food shopping with my mom and i used the carraige to drift al around the tore and the more food there was the harder it was to drift..FUN STUFF YOU SHOULD TRY IT
ok.... kinda off.....

Hmmmm First Post

When you stay up until 3am to read the "you know when you've played too much GT3 when.." thread in its entirety to see if there's anything you haven't done yet.

Your fisrt post in the GTP Forums is in the "You know you've played too much GT3 when..." thread

Hiya Cptn. SP33D:
:D Anyone who would wade thru all 12 pages of this thread deserves a BIG "Welcome to GTP Forums" 👍 Enjoy your stay!...UB57 :D

Originally posted by Cptn. SP33D

Your fisrt post in the GTP Forums is in the "You know you've played too much GT3 when..." thread
and a big Welcome to GTPlanet for you:)

*Damn UB57 you beat me to it*

Thanks for the welcomes people, most forums i'm on the reactions to my first posts are usually like "yeah that's great n00b, now stay out of our precious discussion"

'Tards.

Okay, this was actually GT2, but still, I say it counts. Endurance race on Special Stage Route 5. Ended up eventually being able to run the track without looking at the screen. Four laps in a row, I was talking to my mom about college text books.

Here's a GT3 one, though:

You think about new ways to beat the competition in GT3 while you're at work. Example:

Me (thinking):"Hmm... I wonder if the Evo VI Rally Car is any good on road races. I haven't used it for anything yet, so maybe I'll give it a try..."

When you feel you need motivation to play the game, a half hour after your last session.
When you wade through 3 pages of posts at 100 posts per page just to bring back memories.... :lol:

when you bum a ride to work because you used your last bit of cash to pay off the reserve of GT4 instead if filling your tank with gas. XDDD

when your valentine yells at you for not getting her anything because you payed off gt4 and your saving for a DFPro.. "I thought about it baby!!! It's the thought that counts!!"

when you dont have any time to go online and check the release date for GT4 and you keep playing till march thinking thats when it comes out.

Doggie
And finally: (sorry for the big picture)
...you play any other driving game than GT3, this happens:

feikki.jpg

-Koira
Hey, 1nsane! I used to be a mod on a forum for that game! Ah, the memorys.
Looks like you're playing CTF in Hawaii with the Cliffhanger. Good combination.
Too bad that post's a year old...

Vette_Pro
I dont play GT3 that much... I recently got blessed with a condition called boredem... with it, GT3 becomes unappealing if I play it for too long at a time, and now I actually play other racing games, even Cruisin World on N64:embarrassed: Its almost like Ive fulfilled my purpose in Gran Turismo 3...

Wow so that means I suffer from the same condition as well. I only play GT3 when I have an itching for some FF trial mountain touge driving! But after a few laps I get really bored and call it a day.

-you know you play too much when you have to be reminded to go to the bathroom
-when you start imaginign the classroom as a very technical track

and where are there hanging monkies in gt3?

Back