You know you're playing GT3 too much when...

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 241 comments
Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
You loser - I just checked yr DOB in yr profile and surprise surprise !!! you are very young
Sorry if Im being a bit harsh but running sum1 off the road is bang out of order
I dunno if it happens all the time in USA but it dont in UK
Did u stop to think that perhaps the guy had tried to judge your speed and only cudnt make it round the truck cos you sped up - Idiot - Id have remembered yr plate number and come back to find you
Loser
:mad:

edit : just read that again and didnt mean ALL young drivers wud do that - just this guy. Sorry. I was his age once and dint go round runnin people off the road !!
:mad:

when yr good friend at work asks you if he can borrow GT3 and you reply through gritted teeth - snarling at him for being so cheeky !!
Then fall out with him cos of his lack of respect !

when you go in your real car with ps2 controller and press X button and think the car will move and other hand on the analog stick ready to control... :lol:

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
U r the instigator of this beast arent you ?? Well 👍 cos it makes me laugh every time I read it !!!

Yup - it's 4 1/2 months short of its second birthday!

I'm very proud.

Originally posted by SandStorm
Hey, we revived it - the bloody thing was comatose for a year! ;)

Yeah - I was a member last year and remembered the thread cos its so funny !!!
so I looked it up again and its even funnier now !!!

when you buy an X-Box and halo then realise you cant race cars in it jus shoot aliens, which is quite funny but not the same !!

and when you've got F1 games and rally games and other car games but you just dont play on them ! and laugh at how crap they are compared to gt3 !

after tonight -
Wen u r out drinkin wiv yer mates - lots of beer, cigs, funny banter and sum nice girlies to ogle !!! And all you can think is DAMN i wish I'd stayed home I could have run Monaco and got a good time !!!

:drool: on my pillows now I think !!!!

Wow, my first post, first off must say this is the funniest forum ever.... lol rofl lmfao... it's like this one time at band camp... but that's another story. Ok here goes

You know you're playing GT3 too much when you go to the gas station and time yourself, then next time you go to the gas station you try and beat that time.

Ok, now everyone has to do this next time they get gas and then post their times to see who can do the fastest pit stop.

gas station 0.7 miles away, 2 lights on the way.

0:25 (one way)
1:53 (to fill up)
0:34 (back home)

=]

you know you play too much when you actually take the time to time yurself and post it on the GTP forums ;x

when you hear a sound that sounds like the timer for the start of a race...and then look around and realize you did hear it but fell asleep and woke up again when the race started.

OK here we go: You know you're playing GT3 too much when you get pissed off at the fact that it takes 2 minutes to heat a pizza pop. Then you wonder exactly HOW sick you would get if you ate it cold:D

Originally posted by pRaHjeC
gas station 0.7 miles away, 2 lights on the way.

0:25 (one way)
1:53 (to fill up)
0:34 (back home)

=]

I assume you're just trying to be cute and you totally made up those numbers.

0.7 miles in 25 sec means you had an average speed of 100.8 MPH. First, let's assume you drive a Viper that could actually accomplish this. Starting from a full stop, you would have to reach a speed of 130 MPH in 13 sec and maintain that until you got to said gas station.

You wouldn't have time to walk inside, so let's say you used a credit card. You get out of the car, swipe your credit card, wait for it to authorize, then wait for the pump to prime. That Viper has a 19-gallon tank. Unfortunately, the EPA mandates that gas pumps can't pump more than 10 gallons per minute, so you're stuck with a half-tank at best, but you've gotta hurry! You still need to be going 95 MPH on the way home to get there in 34 sec.

You probably need to rethink those numbers. ;)

the Stainless Steel Shift Paddles on your MOMO wheel have made the tips of ALL your fingers look like those on Keith Richards' LEFT Hand :lol: :D :lol: :D ...UB57 :D

Dude, the thread is back. How cool (:

How about ...

You over hear people talking about cars and join in with GT3 lingo, only to find out they were talking about real cars ...

You use GT3 as your "test drive" simulator when concidering purchasing a new car.

Hey Vat - how about we update the first post with a compiled list? Edited of course by you.

i cant beleive i just sat and read all 170 posts in this thread..

my contribution:
played too much Gt3 when out of all my games (even the new ones) GT3 is still at the top of the pile. even though it's the first ps2 game I got. which was around the time it was released.

:D

you go through withdrawls of not playing it in a day
You still post in the OLR section of GTP even though you can't access you PS2
You still make hybrids even though you can't test them out currently.

You know youve played to much GT3 when....

1: You make your own car noises to drown out your road cars dull engine.

2: You get into your car and wonder why it isnt already running.

3: The pedals seem odd to you, you attach a Large X sticker to the gas pedal to make you feel at home.

4: You believe flooring it upto and handbraking around a corner is the best way to drive.

5: You wonder why the guy infront is hurling abuse at you while you bump him again and again.

6: Your always trying to draft the car behind other road users.

7: Each time you open the garage each morning, you begin to hum "Just a Day" with car noises and all.

8: You stall more than normal........ clutch anyone?????

sorry if theyve been mentioned, oh yeh, and....

9: You know youve played to much when... you make a "you know youve played to much when" thread.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Dude, the thread is back. How cool (:

You use GT3 as your "test drive" simulator when concidering purchasing a new car.

Hey Vat - how about we update the first post with a compiled list? Edited of course by you.

Lol, my mum did this before she bought her MX5 1.8i

Aha...This topic has been a good read.

Just a few more...

-You scratch out the "$" on all of your money and write "Cr." over top.

-When you spend your entire life savings to tune your car to match the exact specs you have in GT3.

-When you see a car included in GT3 on the road, you quote the exact specs as listed in the game.

-You drive laps around your neighbourhood to find your top speed.

-When you draw a starting line at the front of your drive-way.

It's getting quite old by now I presume.

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
For you to poop on?

Ah, Triumph the insulting mutt... good times, good times.

How's this for playing too much GT3?

You've pressed the buttons on your controller to change camera views while watching a JGTC race. :dunce:

probably already been said but...

you know youve been playing gt3 too much when...

- you see a car on the road and say i have that car and list all of the specs of the car in your game

- havnt touched any other playstation game for the last 2 years except for gt3

- gt3 is the only game that has ever been in your ps2 cd tray

- play as much gt3 as you can, and then when you get kicked off ps2 by your dad who wants to play gt3, go on gtp and read about gt3 :lol:

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
I assume you're just trying to be cute and you totally made up those numbers.

0.7 miles in 25 sec means you had an average speed of 100.8 MPH. First, let's assume you drive a Viper that could actually accomplish this. Starting from a full stop, you would have to reach a speed of 130 MPH in 13 sec and maintain that until you got to said gas station.

You wouldn't have time to walk inside, so let's say you used a credit card. You get out of the car, swipe your credit card, wait for it to authorize, then wait for the pump to prime. That Viper has a 19-gallon tank. Unfortunately, the EPA mandates that gas pumps can't pump more than 10 gallons per minute, so you're stuck with a half-tank at best, but you've gotta hurry! You still need to be going 95 MPH on the way home to get there in 34 sec.

You probably need to rethink those numbers. ;)

When you post a long reply trying to prove a faked time (more like OLR than GT3 ) ;)

You know you've been playing GT3 too much when...

-You 'discover' another full turn on your real car's steering wheel

-You feel emotionally connected to that red miata that you saw today because it was your first car in GT3

-You have to do 100 in real life to make the scenery go by as fast as it does at 50 in gran turismo.

-You feel dead inside after losing a race.

-You can't figure out why your car is faster than another in GT3, but the opposite in real life

-You think that a Z06 Corvette actually sounds as wimpy as it does in the game.

-You can name every car in your garage

-You can describe all of the wheels for sale in GT3.

-You own a computer for the sole purpose of coming onto this website

-If you can navigate a whole track on GT3 with your eyes closed and the volume turned off (Super Speedway and Test course not included)

Back