You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
and why shouldn't I judge this car by the one I saw- everyone does it to Holden so call it Karma.

because then you are no better than them.

I don't judge Holdens on the fools that drive them and mistreat them, I have driven almost every model through VB-VE in various trims from base to HSV, stock to highly tuned, and have owned a few, thats how I judge them.

The Heuliez Pregunta was a very interesting car even though the company's purpose of it was for show.

A very easy question, but who can reveal which company the wheels on the Pregunta came from?

because then you are no better than them.

I don't judge Holdens on the fools that drive them and mistreat them, I have driven almost every model through VB-VE in various trims from base to HSV, stock to highly tuned, and have owned a few, thats how I judge them.

If I see a well taken care of version I will change my thoughts- until then this is the only version I have to go by.

I still can't understand how this seems to be the first you have seen, unless you mistake the sedans for R31's, which is easy to do.

To Danachronism-> Um, some of your pics are a no show. ;)

BT-> Here is something new, I only found out just this morning:

Tirrito Vajon

VAJON%20TOP.jpg

Jalopnik 1st article
hose who know it call it the "TIRRITO VAJON rtt." To the rest of us, it's a mystery. All we can figure is that it has a McLaren F1-style 3-seater cockpit and it's styling is like a cross between a Pagani Zonda and 1990 Mosler Consulier GTP. Maybe it's a kit-car? Maybe it's a garage-built one-off? Other details are slim, but the Italian owner claims "it's a car with engine of 3000 cc biturbo rear traction" Whatever the case, an overly-ambitious project like this is a shining example of making the most from what you have. We'll keep you updated as we find out more. In the mean time, jump to enjoy some video of it in action as it drifts 'round a round-a-bout!

medium_2266415130_9f785f023b_o.jpg

Jalopnik 2nd article
The other day we brought you thrilling footage of the upcoming Tirrito Vajon undergoing rigorous developmental testing on some roundabouts. Today, we have even more exclusive info on the mysterious Italian supercar. "Andry," the owner of the Vajon project assured us that the engine is indeed a 3.0L biturbo mill, but now he's released more specifics. Contrary to speculation that the Vajon is powered by an enlarged "lawn mower" engine, Andry tells us that his car is V8-powered and can produce about 500hp. When asked where the powertrain was sourced from, the owner insisted, in broken email-ese, that "nothing, i repeart, nothing was from other cars!! i build by my self all the parts of this car!! i developed about 600 pieces.. think designed and done all by my selves!!! iwant to sell this car and stat one new car.. i just start to designe it..." No other details have been confirmed yet. Andry added, "My car it's still under costruction like you can see." So while we've got some new answers, we now have even more questions about this homebrewed exotic. We'll keep you updated with further developments. In the meantime, check out the gallery below for shots of the Vajon undergoing construction.

medium_2266418238_bccae741f1_o.jpg

^ Youtube clips are HERE.

-> This will be in my wish list, pronto! :crazy:

:)

I still can't understand how this seems to be the first you have seen, unless you mistake the sedans for R31's, which is easy to do.

Not the first R30 I've seen, but the first hatch back version I have seen and actually realised was a Skyline and not a retro Nissan of some other description.

Broken wing? Keep in mind that the car is very much a garage project, so the weld on the rear wing is clearly visible, most likely because a one-piece wing may be too expensive at this stage of the project. Or is that the name of that style of rear aerofoil?

Re: Tirrito-> I should say, give it a break. It's their first running prototype, as if they have any experience with the likes of Factory Five or Caterham. :indiff:

Then I guess it's a 507. Look at where the BMW badge is on that one, not even centred. Nor is the scoop on the other side mirrored, that's a crazy design.

Re: Tirrito-> I should say, give it a break. It's their first running prototype, as if they have any experience with the likes of Factory Five or Caterham. :indiff:
Factory Five started out building Cobra-like track cars, which was easy experience gained since the Cobra is probably the more replicated vehicle ever. They also had previous experience in racing.

This company, though, is trying to obviously re-create a supercar on McLaren lines which is 1 of the hardest things someone can ever attempt. They'd been better off doing what Americans do. Short front, small cockpit, long rear with the engine hood sloping towards a lip spoiler.

Then I guess it's a 507. Look at where the BMW badge is on that one, not even centred. Nor is the scoop on the other side mirrored, that's a crazy design.

It's designed by Raymond Loewy a very famous American industrial designer. This 507 looks a little bit like his famous Studebaker Avanti design.

Well not exactly.....
Although Prototype Technical Group has a team running in the ALMS, but its not related to the PTG Design supercar.
http://ptgdesign.co.nr/
Somehow I can't access their page....... :confused:

Ah never mind, I think the page is now defunct. :grumpy:
But its really interesting really. PTG Design doesn't even make cars. They are just a design firm which does concept cars and t shirts (or so it seems.....) I had better info from here actually......
http://www.zazzle.com/zybor/find/qs-ptg

Back