You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Gemballa 600 GTR
M1A0095.jpg

Contemporary (in its time) take on the Flachbau I suppose. Atrocious, though--thanks Gemballa. :rolleyes:

Standard 2000

01.jpg
02.jpg

An Indian made version of the Rover SD1, except that they used an ancient engine from an old Standard Vanguard with some later locally developed modifications, and a locally developed four-speed gearbox that was also used in the Indian Standard 20 van at the time.

It didn't sell very well over its 3 year life spawn, and large amount of the left over body panels were imported back to England.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars/rover/sd1-rover/gallery-standard-2000/

I was at the very top of Daytona on Saturday when I looked down in the parking lot and happened to see this pulling in. I never saw it again for the rest of the weekend. Can anyone tell me what it is?

IMG_1789.JPG

This is a kit car called the sebring from what little I could find quickly.

Yep, I think that's it. Looking at other pictures of it, it had the same flying buttresses on the back as the cars in the photos. Thanks, man! :cheers:

EDIT: Turns out it's also known as a Sterling Sebring, and the Bremen Sebring is a continuation model of the Sterling. An obscure continuation model kit car of an obscure kit car. Man I love the car world. :lol:

EDIT 2: Also they made the Sebring followed by the Sebring II.

Here's some info on the various Sterlings:
http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/members_n_forums/

Last edited:
Autozam AZ-550 Sports

Wikipedia
The redesigned cars, constructed in tube frame with floors and bulkheads constructed from aluminium honeycomb, clad in three different body styles constructed in fibreglass. The cars were constructed around the Kei car regulation of the time (maximum length 126 inches (3,200 mm), maximum engine capacity 550 cc), until this was changed for the following March, hence its model name, AZ-550 Sports.

Type A

1989%20Autozam%20AZ550%20Sports%20Type%20A_02.jpg

1989%20Autozam%20AZ550%20Sports%20Type%20A_03.jpg

img_0

mazda_AZ550_2.jpg
89mazda_az550_12.jpg

89mazda_az550_11.jpg
1438239e77.jpg

Wikipedia
First introduced at the 1989 Tokyo Motor Show as the AZ-550[6] with three versions. First one of these, the Type A was a red sports car with pop-up headlights, front air vent and a distinctive Ferrari Testarossa inspired side strakes but most distinctive of all design features were the gull-wing doors.

Type B/Sports

1989%20Autozam%20AZ550%20Sports%20Type%20B_01.jpg

1989%20Autozam%20AZ550%20Sports%20Type%20B_02.jpg

89mazda_az550_13.jpg

Wikipedia
Type B, themed as "High-tuned pure sports", was inspired by the trends in the tuning industry and in current concept car design, featuring greenhouse pyramid roof without a rearward sweep to the C-pillar. It had a racing car inspired interior, unlike Type A, it was aiming for the rough and spartan look and was the only model that a more conventional forward door hinging. It featured a pair of bulging headlamps and incorporated dual mufflers.

Type C/Race

Image97.jpg

1989%20Autozam%20AZ550%20Sports%20Type%20C_02.jpg

AZ500sportsC.jpg

Wikipedia
Type C, had a more distinctive body design as it was inspired by Mazda's Group Csports prototype racers, incorporating its signature colour scheme of blue on white and its number it bore at the 24 hours of Le Mans. Featuring a bigger air intake than the former two, venting to the forward-positioned radiator and exits it along the front rim of the cowl. There are many design cues typical to an endurance racer such as the wing mirror and BBS style brake-cooling wheel discs. Compared to the Type B, this version was far more spartan in comparison.

proto.jpg

89mazda_az550_7.jpg

e6bbf92cc9.jpg

And I'm not sure what this is, other than it being an AZ 550. Maybe an early prototype.

89mazda_az550_9.jpg

Looks like they're not around anymore, though:

89_6.jpg

Bonus:

acbeatriv.jpg

The distance between the passenger compartment and the rear axle of that Sterling leads me to believe it's not VW-based like the majority of Sterling kits out there.

(It's 'Lotec' not 'Lotus' :) )

Wish we could drive all these cars in Forza! ALso all the new and unheard of hyper cars Trion Nemesis, Zenvo ST1, Shayton Equilibrium, Hennessy Venom F5, SSC Tuatara plus the older Ultimate Aero GT. Plus I just realized the car I used to love drag racing in GT5 a lot, the cerbera speed 12.

That's a Peugeot Quasar.

VW Vortex is a VW and Audi enthusiast website/forum.

Sorry was scouring the web and quickly took the image mistook the forum name of the image for being the car. Never heard of the forum soo Silly me. I did notice but hadn't edited it, I knew someone would notice very quicky XD.

1979 Dodge Magnum. Anyone want to take out that sad 360 V8 and replace all those smog control with some decent aftermarket parts with me? Those headlight have covers that go up/down when the lights are on/off. Optional T-Tops!

Good work, like the "like it was in 1979" hubcaps on the GT if you know what I mean

image.jpeg

Needs work

image.jpeg

Needs a new owner for god's sake

image.jpeg

Better than the last one

image.jpeg

Back