You will want updates to the car selection in GT Sport's Arcade Mode after reading this thread.

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 10 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippines
Philippines
GBalao888
GBalao888
Title says it all, where unlike other racing games, GT Sport has a very limited selection of "free cars" you can use for Arcade Mode (only eight cars). Please spread the word until it eventually reaches Kaz where he will realize this.

I have made this feature as part of a suggestion thread here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/all-the-cars-in-the-game-useable-in-arcade-mode.310624/

What are the cons of having only eight free cars in Arcade Mode?
Whilst we can still buy cars and use cars from our Garage with the added bonus if being able to upgrade, tune and customize the cars we have in our Garage, players are left out with no other option but to simply grind for the cars they want to drive, as others may find grinding as an inconvenience.

Another issue is that through the Daily Workout system, which allows players to obtain a new car once every day of the week, is that some players end up getting the same car over and over again, as if it were rigged.

The best solution is to make every car in the game available for use in Arcade Mode instead of only eight cars. That's one of the many ways how it can motivate players to buy cars in the game even more and will be explained further below. Another would be that if ever the servers shut down, and Polyphony wouldn't do anything to address the "online-only saving" and "online-only access" for Brand Central and My Library, it would lead to the game being nearly unplayable.

How can Polyphony do something about it?
As usual, Polyphony are going to have to address this in a future content update besides the fair share of cars, new tracks and other bells and whistles. As GT Sport will eventually feature "over 500 cars" and an abundant number of tracks, this is why it is important to make every existing car in the game (as well as future cars in updates) available for free in Arcade Mode.

About the new cars that come in as DLC from updates, besides them being featured in Brand Central, players should expect them to be in Arcade Mode as soon as they are added.

Take the Free Play modes of Forza, for example, where of course players still have the ability to buy, collect and customize cars, as well as use them in Free Play mode, but you also have the added option to use rental cars, which is basically every single car that's in the game (and any future cars that end up there as DLC cars), unlike GT Sport, again, where you only have eight rental cars. I feel that's the only thing missing to make GT Sport have a complete Arcade Mode experience.

Unlike GT3 and Forza Motorsport 2 where you can complete races/challenges in Arcade Mode to unlock cars (given that a large number of cars featured in these games were already there from the start), I don't think that may be possible as GT Sport will have numerous tracks, besides cars that will be added over time.

It would probably look like this layout inspired by this old video when an early build of GT Sport was playable before the actual release of the game (at the time, every car announced up to that point was playable in Arcade Mode, but it was still only a demo, and not what we're seeing today in the full game):

(skip to 0:23)

Imagine a layout for the car selection, like:
Garage Cars
Gr. N
Gr. 4
Gr. 3
Gr. 2
Gr. 1
Gr. B
Gr. X

(and many more car categories as newer cars get added).

Of course, given the eight "free cars" we have in Arcade Mode now, we know for sure, that if we want every existing (and future cars) being useable in Arcade Mode, there will have to be limitations, as present with these cars, such as:
  • Free cars in Arcade Mode cannot be upgraded with Mileage Points
  • They cannot have their tuning set-ups altered in any way
  • Only tires and driving assists can be selected
  • Custom liveries cannot be used, therefore, only default colors/liveries from the color selection are available
And of course, your share of garage cars where they can still be used in Arcade Mode, with the added incentives and benefits that the free cars in Arcade Mode do not have, as to not defeat the purpose of using them and buying more cars.

In fact, in some ways, this idea for Arcade Mode can help players even more, in some ways where if all the cars in the game are made into free cars, players can expect to:
  • Try out specific cars before actually buying them (unlike now with only eight free cars, all we can do is just grind with no expectation of how the cars may be like until we buy them or acquire them through the Daily Workout system, if ever players are lucky. This is the way how Arcade Mode promotes buying cars, if ever all the cars in the game are made into free cars, where if you test a specific car you don't own yet in your Garage, you can actually get a glimpse of its performance, strengths and weaknesses before buying it, and when you do, you can do something to improve on it).
  • Experiment with other cars (With the added convenience of having to make every car in the game as a free car in Arcade Mode, players can easily experiment with other cars for science or to see which players can recommend to others. Of course the same can be done if you buy the car yourself, but it's going to be much faster when everything becomes available.)
  • Use certain cars for practice (Going back from the first statement, which is to "try out specific cars before actually buying them", players can expect to practice driving different types of cars from the get-go before actually setting expectations on what cars they want to keep using or consider buying and adding to their Garage. Others would actually be for practicing different layouts with different cars, which makes a reference to the second statement, which is to "experiment with other cars".)
  • Use the cars simply for fun (Basically the main idea of this goal of having every car in the game available in Arcade Mode. Others just want to unwind from the GT Leagues, Sport Mode and online modes, where they can use the cars they really want to drive in Arcade Mode, regardless of it being a Garage car or out of every car in the game.)

Last edited:
You get a free extra car every day you play. No grinding involved. Don't see the point of the above at all. Only change I would make is to cap car price at 2 million rather than 20 million

CJ

You get a free extra car every day you play. No grinding involved. Don't see the point of the above at all. Only change I would make is to cap car price at 2 million rather than 20 million

CJ
The Daily Workout system is rigged where some players end up getting many of the same cars they own every day.

I've never been interested in arcade in the past, the only thing I use offline arcade mode for is car testing at the nurburgring, in my opinion the economy model right now is very good, makes you work for something you really want like in real life, I remember playing GT3 up untill the point where I could just buy whatever car I needed for the next race, upgrade the $&#I@ out of it and destroy the AI in the next race tier, got really bored about it and had to force myself into not upgrading, race, loose, change setup untill optimal times for track were reached, loose some more, minor upgrades untill the race could be won with a minimal margin.

I miss the old career feel, I think PD should implement this in the online mode, make GT league also online events, optional so offline is still available for those who do not fancy online, so I can work my way up through career mode racing people instead of AI.

So I've got to say no, do NOT make all cars available in arcade, no matter how restricted, it would spoil more than it will do good.

Funny thing is, in GT1, Most cars were available in Arcade Mode. All ars should be available in GT Sport. Doesn't make sense to keep the same cars. Also, not all Groups are available to use. So, it makes sense for PD to at least have one car from each Group represented. Why did they stop at the Gr.B car? Why offer three N200 cars?

Without making a page worth of my own thoughts, I felt the cars should at least randomise in Arcade Mode. It's all about options.

Or why not change the available 8 cars every week at random? So you would have one car from each class that is different every week?
I would imagine having all the cars available would lose the thrill of buying something I really want. The benefit of being able to adjust the settings and change the livery would not justify buying the car just for that for me at all.

Or why not change the available 8 cars every week at random? So you would have one car from each class that is different every week?
I would imagine having all the cars available would lose the thrill of buying something I really want. The benefit of being able to adjust the settings and change the livery would not justify buying the car just for that for me at all.
That's what i said.

Having all the cars available for Arcade Mode doesn't lose the thrill. Players would still have to buy cars for Sport Mode and GT League. Again, an option, as in past GT games.

If a player doesn't want to do Arcade at all, that's their choice.
If a player only wants to play offline, that's their choice.
If a player wants to do both, that's their choice. It's available to do so as an option.

There was a discussion about options to have all cars available at the start, in either the General Discussion thread or the Car list. Somewhere in the forums.

No one is forcing anyone to DO anything. It's about having an option to use the cars before you buy. An option to use any car in ARCADE. An OPTION to use any car full stop

I would love it if you could test drive EVERY car for free in arcade, time trial mode etc.

You get no money, no mileage but at least you see if the car is worth your hard earned doolars.

Great thread you made. The ideas in here are very sound. I remember playing GT3 and unlocking all the cars for Arcade. Even though it was hard, it was still fun when I had a whole bunch of cars to select from. I do agree with your observation about the Daily Prize. I have gotten repeats over and over with no option to sell them (I have to delete them instead). I can’t play a whole lot and I’m still hanging out for the Audi that’s only available from the prize roulette. It’s getting quite frustrating

Another issue is that through the Daily Workout system, which allows players to obtain a new car once every day of the week, is that some players end up getting the same car over and over again, as if it were rigged.

In a random system with limited possible outcomes it’s perfectly reasonable to expect the same outcome repeatedly. The only way not to have repeated outcomes would be if the system was rigged to not yield such a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back