Your anticipation for GT5, how does it compare?

Messages
1,096
Messages
Wattsterplus
Messages
XML Binging Language?
I've waited for many different things over the years, from the new Apple Iphone to tickets for many different concerts.

Unfortunately for me, my anticipation for GT5 is significantly greater than any other product i've been waiting for. Its my fault, i know, but i dont think i've witnessed so many people, obviously mostly in these forums, being hyped up about something in recent years.

How does your anticipation compare to previous games?
Are you so cool that you dont really care, as long as it comes when its ready?
What would officially rate as the most anticipated game of all time?
 
about the same as Zelda - Ocarina of time back when i was 13 or so :D


oh boy, what a great game that was. I Hope GT5 turns out to be the same ;)
 
similar to the anticipation for GTA san andreas.
 
I've never been so excited for a material thing....maybe my car...nah
 
Last edited:
The same anticipation as for GT4 of course.
 
The reason i bought PS3.
I have huge expectations :)
 
The same anticipation as for GT4 of course.

You say that, but...

I dont think GT3 to GT4 was as big a jump in technology from GT4 to GT5.

At least when i was waiting for GT4 i could be happy playing GT3, i struggle to enjoy GT4 anymore and know that GT5 will be a world away in graphics as shwon by GT5P
 
The reason i bought PS3.
I have huge expectations :)

affirmative. this and one other game were the only reason I had to have a PS3 over a 360. Hope i've beaten CODMW2 by the time this comes out.....
 
I've never been so excited for a material thing....maybe my car...nah

About the same for me...like waiting for my first sport car exept, that when i could'nt buy the car i was'nt waiting for it and when i was sure to be able to afford one, i bought it.

(I'm sure i'm going to buy GT5 but i'have to wait...):guilty:
 
My expectations are HUGE...
It's like waiting for Santa Clause to come,
when I was five or something!
 
I think GT5 will be amazing and I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm looking forward to it alot less than I did for GT4, and for a number of reasons. I have less time these days, and I know that I won't be able to commit anything like the amount of time to GT5 than I did for GT3 (and to a lesser extent, GT4). What time I will spend gaming will be shared between a number of fantastic games too, and as a result, I am less focused on GT these days. Also, for me there is an element of 'covering old ground' - I trust that GT5 will continue PD's fine tradition of innovation and bringing something new to the genre with each new installment, but paradoxically, I still want GT5 to be recognisably "Gran Turismo" - the same but different, so to speak. I appreciate that GT5 will be geared towards a whole new generation of gamer as well as loyal fans of the series, so there will always be a large element of 'old ground' in any new GT game. Also, after having endured the wait for GT4, I now feel that getting 'too excited' about GT5 is rather pointless, since I know that I will have years to play it anyway.
 
I think GT5 will be amazing and I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm looking forward to it alot less than I did for GT4, and for a number of reasons. I have less time these days, and I know that I won't be able to commit anything like the amount of time to GT5 than I did for GT3 (and to a lesser extent, GT4). What time I will spend gaming will be shared between a number of fantastic games too, and as a result, I am less focused on GT these days. Also, for me there is an element of 'covering old ground' - I trust that GT5 will continue PD's fine tradition of innovation and bringing something new to the genre with each new installment, but paradoxically, I still want GT5 to be recognisably "Gran Turismo" - the same but different, so to speak. I appreciate that GT5 will be geared towards a whole new generation of gamer as well as loyal fans of the series, so there will always be a large element of 'old ground' in any new GT game. Also, after having endured the wait for GT4, I now feel that getting 'too excited' about GT5 is rather pointless, since I know that I will have years to play it anyway.

Sensible and reasoned. +1
 
It´s hard to not get hyped.. especialy if you visit this site quite a bit. But i am sure that GT5 will not dissapoint me and thanks to the online races it will last a very long time. Curiousity is the word here.. damage on all cars? how WRC and NASCAR (and maybe other series) will incoporate? weahter? Porsche? what new tracks?
 
Well as i've been gaming since the 1980's I can honestly say nothing compares to my anticipation for GT5.

The only other occasion when I was probably this excited is when I was 7yrs old and I knew I had a Hornby train set for xmas!

Just add that there is one word why im looking forward to GT5 alot more than other GT titles and that is broadband!
 
Well as i've been gaming since the 1980's I can honestly say nothing compares to my anticipation for GT5.

The only other occasion when I was probably this excited is when I was 7yrs old and I knew I had a Hornby train set for xmas!


If only i knew that i would have GT5 for xmas!
 
I'm not much of a gamer except for racing games and although GT5 is shortlisted as one of the game I'll be getting, the other one (on this very shortlist) is NFS:SHIFT. With the latter having a definite release date makes it the game I'm looking forward to and I have a funny feeling that once I get my hand on SHIFT, I can wait indefinitely for whatever games I may need to get next.
 
Now there is NASCAR included it's probably my most anticipated release.

I just hope PD do NASCAR justice and we don't have dud AI. Most NASCAR races are pretty insane...it would be a shame if we had precessions like usual GT races.
 
I'm psyched for it, but to be honest, I'm looking forward to NFS:Shift a whole lot more. I know when its coming out, and the publisher has offered a lot of information about it to get me curious. Is it going to be a better game than GT5, HELLS no but at least it'll be here in 4 weeks.

Whatever Polyphony is doing, I'm grateful that they want to release a great game and I applaude their diligence in the pursuit of excellance...but they must know that GT fans are nothing short of ravenous and they should at least be throwing us a bone or two every now and again.

Yes, GT5P was both a something and an anything a year or so ago, but now, we need more than just a trailer and glorified demo.
 
i(we) know so little about GT5 i have not botherd to get anticipated for GT5. NFS Shift and Forza 3 are the games i am currently looking forward playing.
 
Second only to anticipation for things regarding my Ute, like the first day I went to pick it up and drive it :drool:, and now, in the coming weeks, getting a hard tonneau and filler panels.:drool: GT5 comes second to that, and nothing else.
 
Since I started playing the GT series (GT3 for me), I fell in love with it instantly. I remember renting the game to try it out since I had heard good things, but didn't want to invest since at the time, I was fairly young and didn't have a lot of extra cash to splurge on something I might not like..........well, I think the day after I returned the rented version to Blockbuster, I went out and bought GT3, and I haven't looked back since.

My anticipation for GT4 was insane, but for GT5.....I've never been so excited for a game in so long. Yes there are a lot of great games out there, and there are a lot coming out this year as well, but something about the GT series just gets me all giddy.

It's the ONE title I've been waiting for....and this GTP community is one of the only communities I really follow for a game, and I've grown so close to this place, and the GT series itself. I've tried other racing games, and even those, which have certain better elements than GT, GT is still my favorite for me.

Now with the announcement of Bugatti and Lambo, and hopefully many more surprises to come, I can't wait a whole lot longer for GT5.....but I will wait as long as it takes.
 
MY TOP ANTICIPATED GAMES OF ALL TIME IN NO ORDER

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
GTA series (PS2)
Gran Turismo 5
 
I paid over 600 euro for a PS3 just to play to play GT5.
 
I paid over 600 euro for a PS3 just to play to play GT5.

Add over 1000 Euro for 42" plasma.
Add over 1000 euro for a pretty good sorround sound system.
Add an envoloope full of cash just waiting to be spent on the next version of logitechs G25.

Anticipation can be expensive. But again, it was my decision to spend the money, they say a fool and his money are easilly seperated!
 
It does not equipares to anything.

I've assembled my cockpit, added bass shakers, 7.1 surround, 42'' Samsung LCD and a DFP. I will not use that to watch Discovery Kids.

I count seconds to play Japanese version, and later a readable version. (Yes, i have all versions so far)
 
It does not equipares to anything.

I've assembled my cockpit, added bass shakers, 7.1 surround, 42'' Samsung LCD and a DFP. I will not use that to watch Discovery Kids.

I count seconds to play Japanese version, and later a readable version. (Yes, i have all versions so far)

I daren't buy a cockpit just yet, not until i know it'll be G27 compatible.
 
I plan on buying the LCE(if there is one) regardless of whether or not I have a PS3. This is probably the most anticipated I've ever been for a game.
 
Back