Your anticipation for GT5, how does it compare?

i plan on buying the lce(if there is one) regardless of whether or not i have a ps3. This is probably the most anticipated i've ever been for a game.

lce?
 
The only game that compares in anticipation is GT4. I was also pretty excited about Forza 2 when that released, but to a lesser degree (though unlike GT4 that didn't live up to the hype, still a decent game though).
 
My anticipation for GT4 was insane, but for GT5.....I've never been so excited for a game in so long. Yes there are a lot of great games out there, and there are a lot coming out this year as well, but something about the GT series just gets me all giddy.

...I've tried other racing games, and even those, which have certain better elements than GT, GT is still my favorite for me.
Well, this is my post. I love the Playstation library and developers more than even my highly revered SEGA ones of yore, and I'm eagerly awaiting all sorts of PS3 games from Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, several RPGs, ModNation games as it's supposed to develop into a whole range of game types, others to come like Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper, more Metal Gear Solid, a proper GOOD Devil May Cry please, and who knows what all.

But giddy is the word that describes my every day anticipation for GT5, and I've never been so excited.

Oh, and LCE = limited collector's edition. Same here.
 
Ever since they posted about an announcement at gamescom, my hype has gone up a thousand fold. :dopey:
 
Add over 1000 Euro for 42" plasma.
Add over 1000 euro for a pretty good sorround sound system.
Add an envoloope full of cash just waiting to be spent on the next version of logitechs G25.

Anticipation can be expensive. But again, it was my decision to spend the money, they say a fool and his money are easilly seperated!

Ive also bought a 40" samsung LCD for 1060 euro
I had the Home Theatre 6.1 already
and I have a G25 with almost 3 years.
 
There aren't many things I have anticipated more than GT5, I think being part of GTP has been one of those contributing factors.

Put simply, I'm stoked.
 
I'm to old, to get excited about this game(Bad for my health:sly:) Anticipation maybe just a little! Main thing is to see what new tracks, they have add! I will also be getting the Collectors Edition!!!:sly:👍
 
I'm horny for Gran Turismo 5. I never thought I could feel horny for anything but a girl.:dopey:
 
Gran Turismo 5 and Forza Motorsport 3 are going to consume a lot of my time in the next year or so.
 
Gran Turismo 5 and Forza Motorsport 3 are going to consume a lot of my time in the next year or so.

Yeah same here, those and GTM and FM10.
 
excited enough to buy it. i'm not sweating it though.
 
GT5 has become my most anticipated game ever. I was actually extremely patient until over the past few months. 5 years of waiting tends to do that though.
 
I'm so excited that I changed my flight to be back in time for gamescom.....now, if gt5 wont be there at all I'll be VERY pissed off
 
I'm with other people i bought my PS3 for GT5 as the main game & i know other video games can't hold my attention like the GT series ever could.I think i might invest in another steering wheel and pedals again (using Sony joypads for more than 10 years).I can't get to grips with the non-rumble Sixxaxis pad, it's just a throw away really.
 
GT5 has become my most anticipated game ever. I was actually extremely patient until over the past few months. 5 years of waiting tends to do that though.

Yeah the time I waited for GT's 4 and 5 is rediculous.:ouch::ouch::grumpy:
 
like gt3 in ps2 times, and diablo3 now
 
i remember the bated breath i had when i was waiting for GT3 back in the day. the same level of fever has engulfed me.

GT5 will be glorious. December is going to be awesome
 
Coming into this generation, God of War III was my most anticipated title(it wasnt even announced back then but we all knew its coming) but as time passed, GT5 became my most anticipated title.

Hell, I even bought a copy of Prologue during the MGS4 launch (I bought a bundle basically) and people in line were telling me how its a demo and some things in the game werent right to which I basically told them stfu.

Needless to say, when I got home that day, I sure as hell didnt play Metal Gear :lol:

The wait is killing me, but luckily theres other games out/coming out to keep me preoccupied aswell as school and work :ouch:
 
My anticipation for GTA IV was way greater than the one I have right now for GT5. I remember checking www.gta4.net about 20 times a day for news, etc. This is probably the second most anticipated game for me.
 
I wonder if visiting this site too often will ruin the element of surprise with GT5 for me, it's ironic i want to know everything about the game now, but at the same time be surprised when i get it.
 
OMG im 12 and i check this site twice a day u mite think i have no life but i have been waiting for 3 years THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!
looking forward to this more than any other game!!!!!!
 
OMG im 12 and i check this site twice a day u mite think i have no life but i have been waiting for 3 years THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!
looking forward to this more than any other game!!!!!!

I've been waiting 5 years and probably check GTP twice an hour.:lol:

And when I'm not here I'm probably biting my nails somewhere..:dopey:
 
Last edited:
I've been waiting since I heard about the PS3.
 
I am really looking forward to GT5, very much so..... I just hope that shortly after its release there is no rumour of a GT6 in production!lol:scared:
 
Unprecedented, this is it, the big one, nothing like this has ever happened before in the history of car racing games, It's so huge I'm going to video my first time playing it, never done that before !!!
 
I remember waiting for GTA IV and look how that turned out :/. Really hope it meets my expectations.
 
Unprecedented, this is it, the big one, nothing like this has ever happened before in the history of car racing games, It's so huge I'm going to video my first time playing it, never done that before !!!

Make a dvd of it and try selling it to the Forza fanboys.
 
I'm not much of a gamer except for racing games and although GT5 is shortlisted as one of the game I'll be getting, the other one (on this very shortlist) is NFS:SHIFT. With the latter having a definite release date makes it the game I'm looking forward to and I have a funny feeling that once I get my hand on SHIFT, I can wait indefinitely for whatever games I may need to get next.

Same for me, I expect Shift to be 5 star game. To a lesser extent I'm also looking forward to Dirt 2 with it's improved handling model.
 
Back