Your best GT6 experiences (NO negativity or arguing)

So, what are some of your best experiences in the game? I've got a whole chest of them, but let's hear yours!

To kick things off I'll start with a brief account of a brilliant race I had against the AI yesterday.

We were at Circuit de la Sarthe's "no-chicane" layout. I was driving a McLaren MP4-12C, and also in the field were a Ferrari FXX, a Bugatti Veyron and a Cadillac Cien. I knew I had to get up to the front fast if I was going to win, so I wasted no time climbing the field in preparation for the Mulsanne. As I flew out of Tetre Rouge, I saw that the Ferrari and the Bugatti had got caught up behind a Jag, with the Caddy just up ahead. I slotted into the draft behind them, and for the first two-thirds of the straightaway I actually managed to keep up, so that come Mulsanne Corner I was in 2nd, having overtaken the Bugatti (who had hit the wall on the preceding kink) as well as the Cien.

Just before the brake run into the corner, I realized that I could actually undercut the Ferrari and, if I nailed the exit, keep the position, which would enhance my chances greatly. So I did it, and the next few seconds were spent in pure, unbridled suspense. At first, I chose to use the left-hand lane to block the Ferrari, but then the Bugatti got a massive run, so I switched over and blocked him. This allowed the Ferrari to draw alongside, and as we hit the first kink he tried to push me off to the inside in order to scare me into giving him the position for Indy Corner. Now, Indy Corner is a tight right-hander where you need all the road you can get to maintain absolute control of the car, so that's understandable. But I knew the risks: my car was much worse at braking than his, so being behind him headed to the brake run wasn't an option. So I pushed back, forcing him off the road. He got sideways, and, as his car was sliding, accidentally almost ended up pushing me off the road. I remind you that all this pushing and beating and slipping and sliding was happening on a narrow, bumpy, two-lane road at 190 miles an hour with cars that are not the easiest to control. It was absolutely frightening.

For the entirety of the rest of the race except for the last lap, the Ferrari made damn sure to whack me in the left rear heading to Mulsanne Corner to express his displeasure, though on the final go-around he actually tried to get around me, as a green Huayra had broken free of the pack and was now giving us both nightmares. But that's not all! After the race, on the cooldown lap, he drove up to my driver's side door and I could imagine the little hand conversation our drivers were having. It was excellent!

So, that's it for my tale. Let's hear yours!

TeamCZR - mymost memorable times begin and end at Sarthe. So many great races against friends and gentlemen strangers alike. Whether running restricted LMP's, GT cars or a mix, it doesn't matter. To me there is nothing better than running a full grid at Sarthe with good drivers for a really great time through weather rain and night or just on a bright and sunny afternoon. If I get a chance I will upload a video or two. Great post!

to Gt6 (and 5) has what Forza has... it has the ability to force you into the "zone" where you're in 1st position banging thru the gears on the Ring, or Spa or Bathurst and you're immersed and every corner is spot on and you may not be banging out the best times in the universe but you're banging out YOUR best times

this feeling doesnt happen on most tracks... it never happens at Hockenheim F1 or Catalyuna or Deep Forest because they arent great tracks but there's a great feeling when you're on the last lap at Le Mans and its dark but not pitch black and the fireworks are firing and you're about to grab 1st

i know same fireworks fire the same way every lap but i appreciate the sky and what PD tried to achieve

One of my Corvette Clubs had a party over the weekend, so I set up up GT6 and my G27 wheel on the host's big TV.

Some guests were striving competitively for lap times in a C7. One has a Fiat Abarth IRL, and commented on how true to life the GT6 version is.

Many became addicted. It was a HUGE hit!

A full 16 grid race on sarthe is truly amazing. I have somewhere around 1500 km on my peugot 908 the last time i checked.

Using that car to drive that race ( 30 laps with the time starting at 21:00, time progression at 15.) Is crazy fun.

The single player ai can be challenging at times with the right conditions. But for the most part a seriuos (clean) online race is where you will find a true challenge in this game.

Also.. driving the audi quatro rally car on the K Trail always puts a smile on my face. I play the game with a seering wheel and pedals though. Cant say anything for anyone playing with DS3.

Most of my fun so far has been doing the one thing I did very little of in GT5 which is hotlapping, mainly stock cars for the Nurburgring Lap Time Board, but other cars on other tracks as well.

Hotlapping is about the only fun I had on this game. AI are awful to have a race offline and the only racing I used to do online in GT5, shuffle, is gone.

Merc Vsision GT at Bathurst on Sports hard compound at 5.30 in the morning hotlapping for 1 hour, not crashing and feeling really knackered afterwards! Hotlapping is brilliant in GT6

Rolling out my KTM X-Bow fitted with Sports exhaust into the darkness of Nurburgring in the middle of the night. Aids off (ABS 1), HUD off, clutch shifting.

This is my best moment in GT6. I was utterly staggered by how scary and how right it felt.

Actually... no, scratch that out.

This is the single best thing I've ever done in my gaming no-life.

Driving the RenaultSport Clio RS at Matterhorn. My god. Thrashing it round the steep kink where you can't see over the brow of the track at full pelt is just amazing. That car is epic fun.

Driving my s2000 573pp with great tune against higher pp cars and winning , or giving my tune out to people and racing them on the same pace ( always do this with my friends) very fun.

My best memory so far is making up a 25-second defecit in the final two laps of the World Circuit Tour race at Spa-Francorchamps to win. It may seem like you can blow through races, but I have actually been challenged quite well in this game.

Besides this, only other huge memory is going 278 or so miles per hour in a fully-tuned Pagani Huayra at Special Stage Route X. Scary fast. I probably would wonder how fast I'd go if Gran Turismo had the Koenigsegg Agera- or any Koenigsegg for that matter.

Hitting the brakes on a fast section of the Nurburgring, I thought one of the signs on the roadside was a speed camera! I guess PD got the realism high enough to trick my brain!

So, what are some of your best experiences in the game? I've got a whole chest of them, but let's hear yours!
Honestly? In photo mode I took two Chargers ('70 and '71) representing cars my parents had growing up and applied the appropriate paint/wheels and took some decent shots to upload to FB, then did the same for my wife with two Mustangs (base Shelby and new GT500 painted two different pinks).

Back