Your Best Touge Drift course

• Thread starter HKS_T51KAI
  • 71 comments
Hey seeming as no one has started this yet, i might as well.
For me its more likely Trial Moutian, Nurburgring.
I find that Touge drift is much better and much harder which is why i love it.
I usally get better angles that way.

Well, at the rist of sounded incredibly dumb. How do you differenciate between Touge, Exhibition and Race drifting?

EDIT: I don't mean what is the technical classification. But how YOU would make the distinction in GT4.

im not really sure if this is true but between me and my friends and most of the drift videos i've seen touge just means like mountain roads. it doesnt mean grip or drift just a windy ass road.

i see people calling trial mountain and el capitan touge. i dont think that is touge. i see touge as citta di aria and costa di amalfi. more costa di amalfi than the other. in that you can get faster speeds when going through the downhill winding parts.

Touge= Illegal Street Racing on Public Roads, Generally during the night (though not only at night), Usually two cars, one starts with a lead, generally the goal being to increase the lead for the front runner, or decrease it for the chaser, Drifting is an optional, but popular technique. It's much cooler to pass someone sideways, right?

Race Drifting=The way I drive my Rufs and Elises, just using small drifts to tighten my lines so I can overcook corners and let the rubber scrub excess speed off instead of the brakes, very risky, not very showy, but can be quite effective and fast, not to be confused with the next entry.

Exhibition Drifting=Throwing caution, and times to the wind, and focusing on getting as much angle, speed, smoke, and distance as you can in each drift, competitions can be judged on such things as linking corners, and doing Touge style "races" where one tries to not only close the gap/open the gap between cars, but also tries to outdo the other driver with showy drifts.

um buddy your wrong about touge, touge is a japanese word for mountain pass, i don't know where you got that at, i think your talking about tandem drifting

Yes, Mountain Pass, Touge, which was then used to refer to racing on a public road, where people went from one point to another, with the goal being for the car in front to increase the gap, or the car behind to decrease the gap, it was popularized by such things as Initial D.

Onikaze
Yes, Mountain Pass, Touge, which was then used to refer to racing on a public road, where people went from one point to another, with the goal being for the car in front to increase the gap, or the car behind to decrease the gap, it was popularized by such things as Initial D.
Yes, on a public mountain road.

no your talking about wangan, if you ever read the intial d manga takumi always passed them up it was an race who ever passed the finish line first one, watch the anime or read the manga, and if you watch formula d, Dia and Chris Foresborg actuly tell you what touge is, touge is mountain and he said what is your fav mountain course

touge
(n,n-suf) ridge; (mountain) pass; difficult part;

If it isn't obvious by now.

Resource: Click here

The term touge has been generalized to refer to mountain road racing, be it drift, point to point, or what have you. In the end, the proper application of the term "touge" would be mountain pass. The racing part has no actual link. That's just street slang.

I don't watch Initial D, I've thumbed through one of the Manga, but it was in japanese, which I cannot read.

I know touge means mountain pass, but in the context, I really didn't think it would require so much clarification of the term on a drifting forum.

I was merely correcting misconceptions, not over-clarifying.

Anyway, I feel we've dragged this far-enough off topic. Forgive my random interjection.

Onikaze
I don't watch Initial D, I've thumbed through one of the Manga, but it was in japanese, which I cannot read.

I know touge means mountain pass, but in the context, I really didn't think it would require so much clarification of the term on a drifting forum.

Sorry to go off topic, but is this guy a retard? J\K lol :scared:

we should have touge battles on x link! haha
not initial d way though the real way.

you know what i mean :sly:

but yah

best touge is costa di amalfi.

Captain Trips
Sorry to go off topic, but is this guy a retard? J\K lol :scared:

what makes him sound retarded? i dont think he is a retard, he just doesnt know the actual definition of touge. his definition of touge was tandem drifting on a mountain road. touge is actually just a winding japenese mountain road.

considering there doesnt actually appear to be a "real" touge course in Gran Turismo 4, according to the definition of touge as "winding japanese mountain road". Trial Mountain could be one, but we don't know if it's a <b>Japanese</b> road, it's just, an OG course.
It would be nice if the game had a real touge course set in Japan.

that is all.

well, for the sake of arguement, what is your favorite touge track if it doesnt have to be japenese?

my definition that you quoted may be off, japenese may not make a difference or not.

i dont think trial mountain is windy and tight or downhill enough to be touge. it just has the environment and a lot of turns.

It doesn't say anywhere that touge means japanese mountain road, so I don't see where it'd be an issue.

Trial Mountain = a mountain = a course = road?

Well, either way, it strikes me as touge. If it counts, then Trial Mountain is my choice.

A little off-topic: Watching/reading Initial D doesn't exactly make you a japanese car culture know it all, but it in no way means that using Initial D as a reference should have you branded as "retarded". You can actualy learn a decent bit about the way things work over there through Initial D's hyper-realistic little universe. Never the less, using other factual resources to back up your point never hurts.

Ten
A little off-topic: Watching/reading Initial D doesn't exactly make you a japanese car culture know it all, but it in no way means that using Initial D as a reference should have you branded as "retarded". You can actualy learn a decent bit about the way things work over there through Initial D's hyper-realistic little universe. Never the less, using other factual resources to back up your point never hurts.

The day a 150 HP Eight Six beats a 350 HP FD, I'll name you a king of men. UNtil then, Initial D is unrealistic and not to be referred to.

Latest Posts

Back