Your Dream Game Ideas

United States
Southeast MI
BubbleBelly542
What would be your dream game? You can divide by category (like I'm doing) or just describe an ideal game.

Shooting: Would have destructible environments, body dismemberment, real bulletin physics, and realistic deaths (like a grenade causes you to shoot through the air for several feet, or a shot to the leg makes you trip and fall).

Racing (Car): Real tracks, licensed cars, full damage model for all cars, would feature real life race cars and series, real drivers with realistic personalities on the track), mechanical failures, a track Creator, and ability to be injured.

Racing (Motocross): Real riders, ability for injury, mechanical failures, real tracks, ability to damage bike, terrain deformation, ability to shift and use clutch, realistic fall physics so that crashes look authentic.

Racing (Arcade, like MotorStorm): Open-world environment through a wooded area with mountains and fields and other forest-like areas for racing. Would have terrain deformation, realistic fall physics, perfect damage.

Open-world: GTA style, destructive environment, wide variety of vehicles, body dismemberment, ability to do almost anything (get a job, become a criminal, be famous, etc).
I searched and found nothing like this but if there is I'm sorry (search is kind of useless on mobile).

Open-world: GTA style, destructive environment, wide variety of vehicles, body dismemberment, ability to do almost anything (get a job, become a criminal, be famous, etc).
I searched and found nothing like this but if there is I'm sorry (search is kind of useless on mobile).

I like this most, buildings should be destructible in a city. Airports with detail and a wide variety of planes should be added too. As far as careers go, merge Sims and GTA together and it'll be perfect lol.

BubbleBelly542
and realistic deaths (like a grenade causes you to shoot through the air for several feet

That's not realistic, I don't think anyway (I've not seen a grenade-based death in real life, of course). Frag grenades kill with fragments, not the initial blast (though that does also kill).

My dream game would be a driving and flight sim where the entire world is laser- and photo-mapped and you can choose any car, bike or aircraft is selectable and a huge number of players can play at once, with ultra-realistic but also highly scalable physics, so you could choose arcade physics if you want but it's also capable of extreme realism. It would also allow you to walk around on foot and various kinds of non-motorised transport, remote control cars, paper planes... All kinds of stuff. It would also have areas where the game turns into a shooter.

Also something like the EVE/DUST model where people playing one game can interact with people playing another would be cool, also kind of like BF3 on a huge scale. You could have an RTS, flight sim and first person shooter all linked together, so an RTS player could be giving orders to the flight sim and FPS players and the flight simmers could transport FPSers around and all that.

Both rely on huge advances in technology (laser scanning the entire world would be tricky but I believe Manhattan has been scanned... I think) but if we're dreaming here I guess that's ok, right?

neema_t
That's not realistic, I don't think anyway (I've not seen a grenade-based death in real life, of course). Frag grenades kill with fragments, not the initial blast (though that does also kill).

My dream game would be a driving and flight sim where the entire world is laser- and photo-mapped and you can choose any car, bike or aircraft is selectable and a huge number of players can play at once, with ultra-realistic but also highly scalable physics, so you could choose arcade physics if you want but it's also capable of extreme realism. It would also allow you to walk around on foot and various kinds of non-motorised transport, remote control cars, paper planes... All kinds of stuff. It would also have areas where the game turns into a shooter.

Also something like the EVE/DUST model where people playing one game can interact with people playing another would be cool, also kind of like BF3 on a huge scale. You could have an RTS, flight sim and first person shooter all linked together, so an RTS player could be giving orders to the flight sim and FPS players and the flight simmers could transport FPSers around and all that.

Both rely on huge advances in technology (laser scanning the entire world would be tricky but I believe Manhattan has been scanned... I think) but if we're dreaming here I guess that's ok, right?

That's certainly okay. Also, I'm just assuming that is what would happen because it's a length good explosion, otherwise I just want the death to be appropriate to the cause if that makes sense. Like in Call of Duty you shoot someone in the leg or the chest, they fall in the same pre-programmed way, where in Uncharted 3 (don't know about 1 or 2), GTA 4 or Battlefield 3 the deaths are more authentic.

My dream game is Grand Prix Legends 2... For PS3 with solid 60fps and all the fan made mods. But I like NeemaT's idea. It's far too difficult tech wise, but the idea itself is solid.

Edit:

What I would actually love (no matter how impossible) is a complete simulation of all grand prix seasons. It should have difficulty sliders from around codemasters F12011 difficulty to GPL on max so I can adjust depending on whether I'm feeling hardcore or not.
All tracks will be represented in all forms. All cars will be represented. Never going to happen, but I can dream. In addition to all grand prix tracks past and present, it will feature a list longer than me of other tracks I would like to include. I can choose cars from any season to race on these tracks. The icing on the otherwise amazing cake would be junior formulas past and present and, why not, Pre world championship will be represented in full too.

It's never going to happen, but I can dream.

Right Now I have two dream games, but they're actually coming true!

Automation

I took a closer peek on this game; it looks quite amusing. Now imagine if you had a test course and you can actually drive it :drool: Perhaps they could even incorporate a livery editor and more parts for a racing curve.

^

You should read up on it a little more in there forums. They give quite a lot of information as well as a schedual for when things will come out.

A demo is expected in about 3 weeks.

BubbleBelly542
That's certainly okay. Also, I'm just assuming that is what would happen because it's a length good explosion, otherwise I just want the death to be appropriate to the cause if that makes sense. Like in Call of Duty you shoot someone in the leg or the chest, they fall in the same pre-programmed way, where in Uncharted 3 (don't know about 1 or 2), GTA 4 or Battlefield 3 the deaths are more authentic.

Yeah, pre-rendered death animations save on processing power, rag doll physics require calculations to be performed in real time so I guess that's why CoD uses pre-rendering because of the 360's processor. Hopefully there will be a transition to (brace yourself for extreme irony) more lifelike deaths in the next console generation, because it is a bit jarring, but I suppose no more so than the ability to teleport a few feet to stab someone or being able to fall off a building without taking fall damage. Yeah, I had issues with Commando Pro...

Being more realistic, I also really want someone to make a mod for a racing sim with a load of classic Japanese Group A touring cars! I have a KPGC10 mod for GTL but it's not quite enough.

Look at the fantastic job Euphoria does in Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4. I bet there's more going on on those games than in CoD.

I'd personally like to see a game where you could do anything, play football, go skateboarding, do paintballing (probably as an FPS element), do water-skiing, maybe even go for a drive and do some racing. You can go wherever you like (open-world style) and find new things to do, explore this land/island/wherever.

You could get challenges in the 'activities' in which you could receive an upgrade to your items which you use for the 'activities'. That would be my dream game. It'd take years to make though! :lol:

^

You should read up on it a little more in there forums. They give quite a lot of information as well as a schedual for when things will come out.

A demo is expected in about 3 weeks.

Yup, I did read a couple of threads. I think I might even join. I kind of like the concept the developers are making on this tycoon game, and I would like to support their creation.

I'd personally like to see a game where you could do anything, play football, go skateboarding, do paintballing (probably as an FPS element), do water-skiing, maybe even go for a drive and do some racing. You can go wherever you like (open-world style) and find new things to do, explore this land/island/wherever.

You could get challenges in the 'activities' in which you could receive an upgrade to your items which you use for the 'activities'. That would be my dream game. It'd take years to make though! :lol:

You basically need everyone to create a simulation like that :P I would call the game "Life" :P

My dream game would include every major racing series in the world with the physics of iRacing, the damage model from GTA4 (pure win) and the graphics of C.A.R.S.

You would be able to work your way up through any feeder series (Karting, Formula Ford etc.) with the hope of progressing to any of the Touring Car, NASCAR, GT or Open wheel series in the world. All of the major racing tracks in these series would be included; I would pay hundreds of pounds for this.

I like this most, buildings should be destructible in a city. Airports with detail and a wide variety of planes should be added too. As far as careers go, merge Sims and GTA together and it'll be perfect lol.

This... I am gonna give developing something like this a go. But I know it'll take about 7 years... :P

Driving (open-world):
a Getaway game; online only.
No map is accessible during the getaway, but while the game is getting prepared in your lobby, the map is shown during loading, it shows your location, and other players' locations. The other players are members of a mob or gang and they want to total you. They all communication via mic and whoever is running can't hear anything. No map, colour-coded cars or big giant arrows will be shown, so the person running is going to be under a lot of pressure trying to runaway for as long as they can. Mob members can choose to carpool so while one person drives, the others can stick their heads out the window and fire their rifles. It's kind of like DRIVER's survival mode in a sense. So while you can be chased by one guy, they could have planned to t-bone you at the next intersection or something.

Shooter: FPS in fighter jets. Probably exists but whatever.

A wargame, like Cod or BF. But with maps the size of GTA. And hundreds of people online.
One side defends the city, the other side attacks.

AOS-
Driving (open-world):
a Getaway game; online only.
No map is accessible during the getaway, but while the game is getting prepared in your lobby, the map is shown during loading, it shows your location, and other players' locations. The other players are members of a mob or gang and they want to total you. They all communication via mic and whoever is running can't hear anything. No map, colour-coded cars or big giant arrows will be shown, so the person running is going to be under a lot of pressure trying to runaway for as long as they can. Mob members can choose to carpool so while one person drives, the others can stick their heads out the window and fire their rifles. It's kind of like DRIVER's survival mode in a sense. So while you can be chased by one guy, they could have planned to t-bone you at the next intersection or something.

I'd buy that game.

A wargame, like Cod or BF. But with maps the size of GTA. And hundreds of people online.

That would be M.A.G. It's hundreds of people fighting on huge maps, where one team defends and the other attacks.

Dennisch

There's a game out, although I don't remember the name, that is a WWII mmo (subscription) where it's thousands on thousands of people. If they could improve the graphics and a AAA studio could make it so it had a huge following then that'd be the first and only game I'd subscribe to.

I'd buy that game.

For those that like an enjoy the idea of driving dangerously on public roads, and for those who get a thrill from chasing after someone like a cat to a mouse, this is a game for them.

I'm one of them. Communication is key in this game as that will primarily be the source of tracking down the guy on the hit list.

Actually, to make things more interesting, the getaway player has a radio signal that picks up on their communication where the signal is stronger the closer they are to any of the gang members.

This can totally be replicated on GTA online I reckon. Granted I never played GTA IV so I wouldn't know for sure.

How about a skateboarding game with Skate and Tony Hawk Pro Skater physics combined, and the creation abilities of LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers? :D

Grand Theft Auto England, i couldn't think of a more imaginative title :D
But basically the same ethos as the normal GTA games, but on real British roads with everything mapped out the same as it is in real life, even down to the last kerbstone, the whole of the country mapped out and in the game. So you can drive your favourite road, in your favourite car, can visit places you would want to go, buy the house you actually own, buy the house you want to own.
Obviously with the usual mayhem, running people over, being chased by cops, shoot outs and all the rest of it.
I would never come off of the Playstation

I could go even bigger and say Grand Theft Auto World, again an imaginative title eludes me

Depends on what genre it is.

For an action-adventure game I'd take an Assassin's Creed-like historical game with an enormous map, a long storyline and the time being set in Colonial America.

Oh, wait. :D Seriously, most of what I'd ever want in a game that's not a FPS or a racing title is going to be in AC3. Only thing else I'd want in it are all the 13 colonies.

Crazy Bus

think crazy taxi, but instead of a taxi you're driving a bus full of people... and it has a 1000bhp.

Last edited:
My dream game is Gran Turismo with a Livery Editor, a Championship Editor (where you can customize everything: opponents, lenght, rules, points, etc), Real Racing Rules, a lots of Real Life tracks like Silverstone, Imola, Brands Hatch.. and Scalable AI from casual to uber impossible.

Racing (Arcade, like MotorStorm): Open-world environment through a wooded area with mountains and fields and other forest-like areas for racing. Would have terrain deformation, realistic fall physics, perfect damage.

Merge gta with gt5,tdu2,nfsworld,midnight club dub/la,juiced 2 hin and run it on the frostbite engine(battlfield2,3 bfbc1,2) open world racing in realistic locations with damage and destructible environments(ie you hit a wall you leave a mark) the ability to get out of car and walk around in locations(you spectate by being in the stands like real race, look at the cars in new/used dealership(real cars trucks and bikes?). You can own a house like tdu2 and your cars are stored in a garage that you can walk around in to see them not just a list. Realistic upgrades and tuning with branded parts(motor swaps,precise tuning from air fuel ratio to tire pressure). A livery editor to custom paint and decal your car and do body mods with real parts. and an avatar creator

this way you could have street racing, track races, off road, damage, and free roam social networking. Everyone could drive what they like styled how they like it, from lifted 4x4 to magazine worthy tuner to pavement pounding muscle car to slamed hellaflush car/suv or wacky riced out (insert vehicle here)
Thats my ideal racing game.

Crazy Bus

think crazy taxi, but instead of a taxi you're driving a bus full of people... and it has a 1000bhp.

Crazy Ambulance is better. With a bus, your only destination is one school, and it's done after that. Crazy Ambulance on the other hand requires you to drive fast, but drive carefully... like in GTA Chinatown.

My dream game is Gran Turismo with a Livery Editor, a Championship Editor (where you can customize everything: opponents, lenght, rules, points, etc), Real Racing Rules, a lots of Real Life tracks like Silverstone, Imola, Brands Hatch.. and Scalable AI from casual to uber impossible.

all of the above plus

Realistic damage (visual and mechanical)

You start of the career in karts and go from there until you end up in F1 or LMP or Rally or All but you can only enter certain events with the correct license and rep... and every career branch besides the single events has proper championships with all rules and penalties.

You wreck your car and you will have to pay it... the more you wreck the more you pay (online too)

After you complete single player 1 you start single player 2 (a-spec - bspec combined) in wich you start a team (with you in it if you wish) and etc, etc, etc... kind of like grid but more in deph - great for the enduros -2 cars 7 bobs and you (4 drivers each car), etc, etc, etc...

Back